GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Christmas gift ideas for friends and family - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas gift ideas for friends and family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas gift ideas for friends and family

Anyone got some good Christmas gift ideas ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Christmas gift ideas for friends and family

What about a torch

-- > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flashlight-T...ght+Telescopic

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Mrs Deepie is getting some new running trainers...
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        Deepie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          Originally posted by IF View Post
          Deepie!!
          What...? I'm getting some too......

I can't see the point in buying anything your not going to use.....

Comment

Amazon lists are great! Because my daughter is across the country from all her family, she does Amazon lists for her three kiddies with all sorts from tiny presents upwards.
            Once anyone buys anything it comes off the list. It can seem a bit mercenary at first glance, but in reality it's brilliant as otherwise it's impossible to know what toys/clothes they've already got.

Comment

While we're on the subject, has anyone seen a good deal for an Apple Ipad 4 with Retina Display (16Gb, Wifi NOT cellular)?
              Best I've seen so far is PC World at £359 with £30 cash back...

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                Amazon lists are great! Because my daughter is across the country from all her family, she does Amazon lists for her three kiddies with all sorts from tiny presents upwards.
                Once anyone buys anything it comes off the list. It can seem a bit mercenary at first glance, but in reality it's brilliant as otherwise it's impossible to know what toys/clothes they've already got.

This is brilliant idea Elsa, never heard of it before, will be telling friends and relatives about it. It will save people a lot of hard foot treading round shoppes (which I can't do now).

Hope everybody keeping well at your end..

Comment

While we're on the subject, has anyone seen a good deal for an Apple Ipad 4 with Retina Display (16Gb, Wifi NOT cellular)?
                  Best I've seen so far is PC World at £359 with £30 cash back...
                  I would ask here too Elsa -- > Home Computing & Laptops surprising what our posters know

Comment

We always do home made hampers for close family, this year making my own limoncello, red onion chutney, Christmas ginger thins, bailey fudge and Turkish delight. Each year I seem to have to add an extra item - last year was the first for the fudge and ended up making 4 batches as people loved it this years addition is the Turkish Delight, not sure how it will turn out but we will give it a go. I usually pickle onions too but decided my eyes cant take it this year!

Jane x

Jane x

Comment

Thanks, IF. I've bought it now...after looking everywhere it's the best deal after the cashback. Even recons on Ebay cost more!

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                        We always do home made hampers for close family, this year making my own limoncello, red onion chutney, Christmas ginger thins, bailey fudge and Turkish delight. Each year I seem to have to add an extra item - last year was the first for the fudge and ended up making 4 batches as people loved it this years addition is the Turkish Delight, not sure how it will turn out but we will give it a go. I usually pickle onions too but decided my eyes cant take it this year!

Jane x

Jane x
                        That sounds lovely Jane...especially the Bailey fudge!!!

Comment

Thanks, IF. I've bought it now...after looking everywhere it's the best deal after the cashback. Even recons on Ebay cost more!

Comment

Fudge is lovely Elsa, and so easy; its basically condensed milk and sugar boiled with lashings of Baileys at the last minute and being homemade there are no calories at all

Jane x

Comment

I love home made fudge...I used to make it with the kids when they were younger to give to their grandmas for Christmas. Adding Baileys sounds a brilliant idea...especially if you drink some while making the fudge No calories makes it even better
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X