GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Hi Di,
    Sorry i've been running around a fair bit recently and missed the last updates.

So the malfunction light has returned after the replacement clutch and its been sent somewhere for diagnostics and also the fifty point check was not carried out?
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
      Hi Di,
      Sorry i've been running around a fair bit recently and missed the last updates.

So the malfunction light has returned after the replacement clutch and its been sent somewhere for diagnostics and also the fifty point check was not carried out?
      Hi Missy
      That's ok no worries :-)

It was finally repaired at the end of the day last Thurs.

After he had the clutch fitted, 3 days after he had it back after fitting, the engine management light came on, so he had 2 error codes came up on it at 2 garages, one of them where he had the clutch fitted and the other another place recommended by the dealer.
      (Posted the issues above) so it was booked in for last Weds at the other recommended garage but strange before he taken it there the management light went out again, but didnt want to take any chances.

The car was taken from the above recommended garage then to yet another one that deals with these matters as above posted link (other post).

And I asked my son about paperwork about the 50 point check, he said there isnt any or when asked no record of it either.

thanks again :-)

Comment

Hi Di,

Blimey, what a fiasco!

Um, if the malfunction light came on, and then went off of its own accord that would suggest something (possibly a sensor) noted something out of range for a wee while. Hopefully there will be an event logged which the garage can recover with their fault code reader.

As for the fifty point check - perhaps this is something the garage are supposed to check at the time of sale and pass on?

Cheers
        Missy
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OMG my son just rang me and the car broken down again!!! same problem!!!!!

Comment

That is terrible. There must be something about not fit for purpose.

Comment

I would now be getting trading standards involved and rejecting as not fit for purpose

Comment

Definately!!! Someone did mention the finance company first, as he's paying monthly finance, then on to TS if nothing resolves.
                What do you think?

Comment

We've had it with the dealer now!! My so tried speaking to his colleague earlier and the dealer that sold it was not at his desk, everytime my son rings, they say he's never available or not in that day! (I did tell my son, the right way really would be to write) but he needs matters dealt with promptly due to his job, it entails oncalls.

Oh, when they say that the dealer that dealt with my son's car is never in, we do know they are telling porkies, we dont live far and hubby was not aware at the time my son was ringing them, and he went past the garage/dealer when driving past, he was there alright unless he has a twin lol!

So I have also emailed the finance company......
                  http://www.closemotorfinance.co.uk/u...ure.pdf_LE.pdf

Comment

Hi Di,
                    Blimey, what a nightmare
                    So is the car going to the garage that replaced the clutch, or the second one that did the diagnostics? Any work which required replacement parts should be guaranteed, so if this is the same fault (i know its got the same symptoms) they should be at least looking at it for you on a gratis basis.

If the finance company are in bed with the car outlet so to speak, you could put together an email stating that they have financed you for something which isn't suitable. Does anyone know if there is any form of protection (like there is when you buy a product using a credit card) which may help Di out here?

Cheers
                    SA Gold

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                      Hi Di,
                      Blimey, what a nightmare
                      So is the car going to the garage that replaced the clutch, or the second one that did the diagnostics? Any work which required replacement parts should be guaranteed, so if this is the same fault (i know its got the same symptoms) they should be at least looking at it for you on a gratis basis.

If the finance company are in bed with the car outlet so to speak, you could put together an email stating that they have financed you for something which isn't suitable. Does anyone know if there is any form of protection (like there is when you buy a product using a credit card) which may help Di out here?

Cheers
                      SA Gold
                      Hiya
                      thanks for that SA.

The dealer spoken to my son and he said he actually spoken to the direct dealer of Peugeot, he was informed that its a common fault in regards of the clutch parts and it was found that all the previous parts put on were plastic and not metal, so an arrangement been made to get the car in tomorrow and the metal part is being done.
                      However, the dealer also said that if it does go again, he will definately sort out a replacement car.

This is the fifth change!!

Jamie did pay the deposit by debit card and the remaining on finance.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Hiya
                        thanks for that SA.

The dealer spoken to my son and he said he actually spoken to the direct dealer of Peugeot, he was informed that its a common fault in regards of the clutch parts and it was found that all the previous parts put on were plastic and not metal, so an arrangement been made to get the car in tomorrow and the metal part is being done.
                        However, the dealer also said that if it does go again, he will definately sort out a replacement car.

This is the fifth change!!

Jamie did pay the deposit by debit card and the remaining on finance.
                        Sounds positive Di. Perhaps its one of those things the manufacturer has released a fix for and willing to repair it FOC.

Good luck, fingers crossed this is the final fix!

Cheers

SA

Comment

I have my fingers crossed for you too Di
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you all, lets hope this is the last time lol :-)

Comment

For you guys who know about cars please.

My son will be making a point of making direct contact himself with Peugeot, hopefully on the weekend.

The dealer told my son he had spoken to the main Peugeot dealer to be told that putting on a Custom Clutch that isnt directly from Peugeot are prone to failures (but surely not as soon as this)?
                              What are your thoughts please guys?

(I think the forks they actually meant).

Comment

Di have you PM'd jen_br ? She knows all about the car business side of things
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X