GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

My son got his car back today, and Warranty did not cover it, as it's down to wear and tear, we not worried though because the dealer forked out on it ;-) can't grumble and the usual guarantee too...

Comment

Dealer must know something wasn't quite right as they don't normally pay up!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Result Di, well done missy and Bricktop for helping too
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you all and yes I am very grateful and thankful to you all that helped give advice and info, and support of course, your all brill, thanks again ;-)

Comment

All going well for now lol, i suppose its going to be on the back of our minds for a little while, because of previous regular breakdowns lol......

Oh does my son have a right to still have a copy of the report from the warranty dept, despite the fact they did not end up paying out? (For his own records of when they inspected his car)?
            He not been given them, but I shall pop over the garage and collect them if this is the case.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Oh does my son have a right to still have a copy of the report from the warranty dept, despite the fact they did not end up paying out? (For his own records of when they inspected his car)?
              Could certainly ask for a copy Di. Well done on the free repair. Nice work!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                Could certainly ask for a copy Di. Well done on the free repair. Nice work!
                Thank you ;-) and much thanks for your help and advice too ;-)

Comment

Now the engine management light keeps coming on........:-/

Back to the garage for a quick check tomorrow morning, hopefully something in nothing!

Comment

Not happy!!!

Error code: P1351 Preheated relay circuit relay stuck in open position.

Error: P0472 Exhaust differential pressure sygnal - short circuit to earth.

Comment

It's sounding like trading standards, car not fit for purpose; to my ignorant mind!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        It's sounding like trading standards, car not fit for purpose; to my ignorant mind!
                        Yep I think so too Cym, its one thing after another, he's hardly had any use of the car at all now and still paying for it x

Comment

Not happy!!!

Error code: P1351 Preheated relay circuit relay stuck in open position.

Error: P0472 Exhaust differential pressure sygnal - short circuit to earth.
                          Blimey Di your Son isn't having much luck with his Car is he?!

Was the engine management light on when the car was collected?
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Blimey Di your Son isn't having much luck with his Car is he?!

Was the engine management light on when the car was collected?

I know missy no luck at all, he been driving since he was 17, he almost 25 now and never had issues like this before.

He had the car back on Saturday, hardly used it that day, just brought it home, did not use it Sunday, and did Monday for work, and the light suddenly came on yesterday, and now it stays on.

Th garage said to see the dealer, because of his rights etc.......
                            He not even had 5 full weeks of the car yet and the other weeks are scattered when he did have use, as its mainly lived in the garage for repairs.

Comment

The garage said to see the dealer, because of his rights etc.
                              Rights?
                              So the garage being the workshop that replaced the clutch and the dealer being the manufacturers main dealer, yeah?

Comment

Rights?
                                So the garage being the workshop that replaced the clutch and the dealer being the manufacturers main dealer, yeah?
                                Hi Missy
                                Yes, that's right, they said if my son wanted to complain further in regards of "Sales acts of goods" something along the lines is to go to the dealer where he purchased the car.

Anyway, my son called to see the dealer, and he wasnt in, but as it happens the BIG boss was there, he is fully aware of the previous situation, and that my son not had the car long, and not much use when problems keep occuring basically from just a week after he got the car on finance, it's now arranged that my son will be going into another garage next Weds to assess the car, but first my son had to drive to that other garage as arranged by the big boss at the dealer where purchased this afternoon and they done the error code again, and yes it came up exactly the same as the garage he taken it to this morning (where the clutch was fitted).

The garage he went to this afternoon who went through the codes again, said its quite possible that when the garage taken the car apart last week (that fitted the clutch just recently) the sensor may have been knocked , hopefully all will be revealed next Weds.

Comment

Working...
                                X