GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Hi Di,

Sure, post the RAC inspection up although the condition of the flywheel can only be determined upon removal; something which wouldn't be done on any inspection prior to purchase.

If there were any symptoms of a clutch issue - such as slip, judder; then that would depend on the severity, if detectable and if a road test was part of the inspection.

As for the leaking slave cylinder - this must be faulty (if i recall correctly, being replaced recently), faulty pipe, or an issue with the clutch assembly causing it to blow.

Hope this helps. See what i mean about so much to go wrong. Cars, who would have them!

SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers SA

LOL you can say that again!!

We used to have a Subaru Impreza and its a car we loved to very much, it passed every MOT (thankfully) but we changed it over 2 years ago to a Ford Focus 2lturbo (6speed) diesel, its the best thing we ever done as we are saving lots on the fuel. We were putting in about £75 each week and more on the Scooby! Lovely car but costly to keep on the road, for services/parts etc if any were required through wear and tear.

Anyway, here below I attach details of last months warranty report thanks again!
      Attached Files

Comment

Morning Di,
        Yeah, feeling that. Every time i fill up its a different price, and its only going one way -up!

I've read the report which going by the date is pre- visit to Peugeot. Do you know if they will be footing the Peugeot bill?

Cheers

SA
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers SA

The dealer is again footing the bill, thankfully.

Yes that above report of the warranty report is from he last job done to this one.

The dealer not happy with the garage that been dealing with it the last few times, so this time its being fixed in another garage.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Cheers SA

The dealer is again footing the bill, thankfully.

Yes that above report of the warranty report is from he last job done to this one.

The dealer not happy with the garage that been dealing with it the last few times, so this time its being fixed in another garage.
            Hi Di,

I've got my fingers crossed the Peugeot dealer will nail this for you. Check the warranty too. When i was on the tools all repairs in the dealer i worked in carried a 12 month warranty - parts and labour. However, things like clutches are "wearable items". That said, if the car isn't hammered a clutch should last him the life of the car.

All the best with it.

SA

Comment

Thank you SA I do hope so

However, my son rang me today to say the dealer (who sold the car to him) said it should be tomorrow (Saturday) lunch time that my son should hopefully get his car back, but something doesnt add up.
              Yesterday (Thurs) we were informed that the parts were on order for arrival of today (Fri morning) and that it would be ready today (Fri) afternoon. As the parts are coming directly from the Peugeot parts section in Abergavenny.

But today my son was told that the dealer will be going Saturday morning to collect the parts from Cardiff .
              Confused on why parts were not coming back from the parts section of Abergavenny Peugeot and why the dealer now says he has to go to collect them!!

Surely if the parts are coming directly from the car manufacturer they would deliver them?

My son said he never had time to question him further on this today because even though the dealer (that sold him the car) rushed him, my son was also at work at the time too.

Oh, and do you remember when I said I was going to contact the Finance company? I had done this last Friday (the day after the car had broken down again) and today received the email.........

Here:
              Good Afternoon,

I can confirm that your email has been passed to our office manager and the issues within will be investigated as part of our complaints procedure. In line with this complaints procedure we have a timeline of 8 weeks in which to resolve the issue, however, we will endeavour to reach resolution prior to this.

If you have any further queries, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Branch Administrator

[img]aoladp://MA32040983-0001/image001.jpg[/img]

Comment

Car back this afternoon.

Got receipt for one of the parts with Peugeot logo, but for some reason the car dealer (who sold the car) said he will fax the main other receipt to my son in work on Monday

Comment

Hi Di,

Its normal for the dealers to share stock. I think it boils down to logistics. The dealership i worked in used to have a delivery from the parts HQ at (i think) 4am. It was common to see parts vans from the other dealers nearby picking bits up.

Car behaving OK now?

Cheers

SA

Comment

Car broken down again on local roundabout........(last night) shall have to tell you more later because I have a hospital appointment this afternoon.

Should hopefully know more later on it anyway as its in the garage being checked.

So not happy again!

Comment

Good grief, not again. Post back when you can Di.

Cheers
                      SA

Comment

Good luck at the hospital. This saga is terrible and I am ignorant about this but there must be some redress somewhere as your son shouldn't have to rely on this vehicle.

Comment

Thank you both.

A long day at the hos today, i go back in 8 weeks :-)

Anyway, the car has not yet been looked at, but there is no power whatsoever, they are going to check tomorrow if it could be a relay issue.

So not much to tell at this point, but its so stressing with this breaking down business all the time.

It happened not too far from home but a roundabout going into Morrison's, he went to pull off but nothing, so couldnt even warn other drivers by putting on hazards,cos no power, so nothing going through!
                          Two security guys from Morrisons car park helped push the car into the carpark,it was assumed the battery had gone,but even leads couldnt get it going, so it was put on the back of a recover lorry and still with garage now. He couldnt even lock his own car door after that happened nor manually, the passenger and boot locked as manual but he hasnt that facility on the drivers side (its a 3 door).

Comment

Hi Di,
                            Has your Son had the car repaired yet?

Regards
                            SA

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                              Hi Di,
                              Has your Son had the car repaired yet?

Regards
                              SA
                              Hiya

Yes, he had it back yesterday. He's been working on call for most of the week but it was something do to with the gearbox not being put back correctly from when he had the previous job done (the clutch issue).

Hopefully that will be it lol.

I am waiting for the full details to add as soon as I know what was what lol.

Thank you for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                                Hiya

Yes, he had it back yesterday. He's been working on call for most of the week but it was something do to with the gearbox not being put back correctly from when he had the previous job done (the clutch issue).

Hopefully that will be it lol.

I am waiting for the full details to add as soon as I know what was what lol.

Thank you for asking.
                                Blimey! Ok, glad he's got it back working.

Cheers
                                SA

Comment

Working...
                                X