GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Thank you Missy I appreciate it big time.

My hubby is over the garage now to check things out before he goes to work, as my son is not in office with his job today, and at a meeting, so I shall keep you updated, thank you again ;-)
    No problem Di. Let us know the outcome.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will know more tonight when hubby gets home, as he had to go to work from the garage, he did ring to give me some brief details.
      Basically the car was stripped yesterday and the assessor has 48 hours as from then to come to take a look to see what is what.

The pressure plate is defo one of them and my hubby did also mention a few odds and sods, maybe the flywheel as well. So the guy at the garage said it its not approved by the warranty, then the jobs will get done and he shall be making a claim from the dealer who sold the car, apparently the dealer did agree with the garage to do whatever is causing the problem done.

However, my hubby did also pop across to see the dealer he said before he travelled to the garage, and the dealer at first didnt want to help at all, so hubby did raise a few words of the Sales Act etc and he piped down, then by the time my hubby got to the garage the guy there said the dealer had told him that hubby not happy and was on the way lol, he was fine about it though and laughed at the dealer panicking.
      Apparently the guy at garage said the dealer still owes him from previous jobs on other cars too.

Comment

hi Di,
        This sounds all too familiar i'm afraid. Some warranty companies are more forgiving shall we say than others, although some are are a complete nightmare. In the dealership i worked in, it was not un-common to do a strip down of an engine or gearbox, put it all in the boot and push the car back out in the car park. Sometimes the car would come back, sometimes it wouldn't!
        I remember one assessor (pudding his nick-name!) who was notorious for declining repairs (and leaving us to deal with the customer face to face!).
        I remember having an engine stripped down that had overheated badly and was basically buggered. The cause of the engine overheating was a failed water pump. He put on the report that in his opinion it was not the one originally on the car - i.e i had swapped it to help the claim go through.
        We all had a theory that they were on some type of money saving bonus scheme.
        Hopefully you have got a policy with one of the better ones. Good luck and let us know what happens tonight.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Missy

that is interesting stuff ;-)

I have attached a copy as promised earlier details of the warranty - GOLD RAC.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Di,
            I just had a nose on the RAC's website for the Gold Warranty although it doesn't seem to bring the T&C's and list of items covered just:

Gold Comprehensive listed components Under 10 years Up to 100,000

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              Hi Di,
              I just had a nose on the RAC's website for the Gold Warranty although it doesn't seem to bring the T&C's and list of items covered just:

Gold Comprehensive listed components Under 10 years Up to 100,000
              Thanks Missy.

He never received much information, just that as above and the booklet with several pages in it. Now another thing as well, with the date of the warranty cover that started on the purchase date of 3 June 2013, to me that is saying 3 months is now up?? but the thing it's been in the garage for almost 3 weeks before the date it would run out.

Details of the booklet he received and customer care details. There are about 30 odd pages in it. I shall take a look at what I can see when I have a min. ;-)
              Attached Files

Comment

The fact the repairs/investigation began whilst under warranty should mean you will be OK. The garage under taking the work will speak with the warranty company and obtain authorisation to commence work. Be nice to see the full policy and the list of exclusions.

Cheers
                Missy

Comment

Thanks again Missy
                  I shall post up the details later on ;-)

Again thank you x

Comment

Well that clutch is knackered

Edit: better rephrase that, the clutch is worn out. Strictly speaking that wouldn't/shouldn't be an authorised warranty claim and the selling dealer should be standing the cost.

But as long as you aren't getting stiffed with the bill I guess it doesn't matter that much who pays for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      Well that clutch is knackered

Edit: better rephrase that, the clutch is worn out. Strictly speaking that wouldn't/shouldn't be an authorised warranty claim and the selling dealer should be standing the cost.

But as long as you aren't getting stiffed with the bill I guess it doesn't matter that much who pays for it.

Thanks for that and I think so too. The dealer did say he will fit the bill if warranty doesnt (which we already assume this wont happen with the warranty), we should know for defo tmz the outcome of the assessement.

Comment

I agree you can see lots of wear on the clutch, that was already in that state when my son obviously had the car, I dont think he would have made that mess to it in just over a week of having it..........then breaking down that soon, aww lol!!

I agree though Bricktop, I dont think its one for warranty, it will be excluded under the wear and tear category.

What gets me though (i'm no mechanic) lol but shouldnt this have been noticed or at least checked when he broken down the 2nd time with the same issues?

Shall be posting up some details of exclusions sometime later on ;-)

Cheers.

Comment

What gets me though (i'm no mechanic) lol but shouldnt this have been noticed or at least checked when he broken down the 2nd time with the same issues?
                          If the clutch operation itself seemed ok then the initial assumption would be that the replacement master cylinder is faulty.

Once it goes again then at that point you start looking for something else that can cause the failure.

Comment

Thanks for that and I think so too. The dealer did say he will fit the bill if warranty doesnt (which we already assume this wont happen with the warranty), we should know for defo tmz the outcome of the assessement.
                            Fingers crossed your son will be back on the road, zero cost soon Di

Comment

Thanks Bricktop and Missy ;-)

Yes I see your point Bricktop, if it happened again that would then be the 4th change, so today I am aware they did pick up on a few issues in that area, the assessor has until tomorrow to come out to inspect, so we should hopefully receive a written report by the end of the day with a bit of luck ;-)

I scanned the relevant pages of the RAC booklet, will try to get them posted on here shortly.

Comment

Hope your able to read what is what ;-) from the RAC warranty booklet x
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X