GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

..........I failed to mention that my nephew also works for the garage as well, office based, and the car my son is borrowing is his and not directly belonging to the garage as such but he leaves it there for a spare car. I never realised until recently it was one of my nephew's car's, as I've not seen him in a long time prior to this. Now with the dealer being down the road from me and the garage about 4 miles away, the dealer tend to use that garage for repairs and warranties, although the dealer does also have his own mechanics for checking cars before they are sold on of if anything needs to be done before they sell cars on etc....

Reading in the booklet my son was entitled to breakdown, but used his own cover and not this one from the warranty because he contacted the dealer when he broke down and he said there was nothing he could do!!

So this was why my son ended up with much out of pocket expenses.

Comment

What do yu guys think about trying to make a claim on other out of pocket expenses as well?
      I am also out of pocket, as I've had to help out too so much. Of course, I will not do this until we know what the outcome is tomorrow and go from there.

Also found this link here on Rights when buying used cars and warranties.
      http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...are-my-rights/

Comment

Concentrate on getting the clutch done f.o.c. first.

As far as out of pocket expenses I doubt if the dealer will tip up for any of that, but you could try getting the next MOT and service out of him for free.

Comment

Hi Di,
          Sorry for the delay in posting back. So, today is the day then!
          I note there is a bit within the RAC warranty about not paying to strip to assess problems although i hope between the garage and warranty company, your son will be back on the road soon.
          I agree with Bricktop - fingers crossed the repairs are FOC and then you could put a punt in for the out of pocket - although unless specified in the warranty (i haven't read all of it) i wouldn't hold my breath on it.

All the best with it.
          Missy
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you both.

I thought it was today but got it wrong lol, hubby contacted the garage to ask for an update today, and the assessor confirmed its 100% he will be in garage tomorrow, we have given them a few tel numbers to make contact with us.

Yes will definately see what happens first before taking any other action, like getting things fixed etc......
            Great idea on MOT etc.......

However, I never let sleeping dogs lie and may give it a shot, there are things the dealer should have dealt with but failed to help, where by law he should have followed them up. We shall see.

So cannot see having any news today, but should for sure by tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Also had some bad news this morning that my Aunt passed away in her sleep she been in hospital for 11 weeks, she was aged 76 and my mother's only sister. It's a consolation that she passed in her sleep as she was suffering terrible for the last 11 weeks, so a blessing too in that respect. She was a lovely and will be sadly missed by us all x

Comment

Sorry to hear about you aunt Di, but as you say at least it was in her sleep which is a little comfort. Hope you get you sons car shorted to your satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Sorry to hear about you aunt Di, but as you say at least it was in her sleep which is a little comfort. Hope you get you sons car shorted to your satisfaction.
                Thank you Pompey ;-) x

Comment

I am sorry Di, sending you a big hug
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

hi Di,
                    Sorry to hear about your Aunt.
                    Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Best
                    Missy
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all ;-) XxxX

Comment

Di, sorry to hear about your aunt.

Comment

Awww Di, so sorry about your aunt. Sending hugs your way x
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words XXXXXXXXX

I do have a little news on the car, had a call from the garage earlier and the Assessor "did" end up coming out today, but no answers are given as yet, we basically have to wait for the report, I did ask the garage well how long does this usually take, I was told, "well hopefully tomorrow" but he wasn't too sure :-/

Is this the usual procedures of the Assessor please do you guys know? I just want to make sure we not being passed the buck, its been almost 3 weeks now, thanks.

Comment

http://www.racwarranty.co.uk/consume...ts.cfm#racwarr

Comment

I'm so glad for this group, it helps take my mind off things at the mo ;-)

I didnt know whether or not to post up the dealer where my son purchased his used car, but anyway these are below. (Niddy if this isnt okay let me know and I shall delete) lol thanks.

http://www.motorplussouthwales.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X