GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Petrol Price - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petrol Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Price

Had to get to my Mum's urgently the other day and en-route saw the fuel was seriously low. Was trying to get to a garage near her where I know un-leaded is 135.9 p/l but as it fuel was so low I was trying to think of somewhere else.
    I knew there was a card only ASDA on the way, but my NWest card won't work in their pumps, then I remembered a garage in a village only slightly off route so I headed there.
    There was no price advertised so pulled in and could see 147.9 on the pump, must be for the deisel I thought, but no it was for un-leaded.
    Had no choice but to get a fivers worth but that is the highest I've seen other than motorways. I live in the sticks and pay 141.9 which I thought was bad enough.

Can anyone beat that as the highest price seen for for unleaded not incl motorways ??

Re: Petrol Price

Top 10 Most expensive petrol in the world
    Price per litre (£)
    1. Norway1.64

2. Turkey

3. Netherlands

4. Italy

5. Greece

6. Denmark

7. UK

8. Sweden

9. Eritrea

10. Belgium

Venezuela is cheapest place in the world to buy petrol at 8p a litre
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
      I knew there was a card only ASDA on the way, but my NWest card won't work in their pumps
      I discovered this a few weeks ago trying to fill up at an Asda. Not very amused as I was literally running on fumes!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        Venezuela is cheapest place in the world to buy petrol at 8p a litre
        Anyway that AAD could by this in bulk?? I'd happily pay 30/35p a litre and let AAD make a profit

Comment

Theres a garage near me, charges 1.51 for unleaded and diesel, right joke, only people i see stopping are business men who obviously have a company card to pay for it.

Luckly, where i work, petrol is always cheap, diesel is around 1.41 so i always fill up at work.

If you sign up to http://www.petrolprices.com the email you each week with prices in your area, you can set a radius to check so if you dont mind driving a few miles out the way, set it to that and it will give you the cheapest prices in that radius.

Comment

When in the far east I noticed that Diesel was at least equuiv to 5p cheaper than un-leaded

Comment

I can actually remember a time when deisel was cheaper than unleaded, how times have changed!

Even though its more expensive, i do get more milage from it.

my bmw does around 40 miles to the gallon, compared with 20-25 for its petrol version.

No where near as good as a new skoda estate though, my mate gets nearly 70mpg!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                I can actually remember a time when deisel was cheaper than unleaded, how times have changed!

Even though its more expensive, i do get more milage from it.

my bmw does around 40 miles to the gallon, compared with 20-25 for its petrol version.

No where near as good as a new skoda estate though, my mate gets nearly 70mpg!
                Yes! diesel was cheaper in this country long time ago, before cash cowing came into being.

Comment

I used to enjoy driving once upon a time, but now with the price of petrol, too many cars driving like nutters and the state of the roads with all the potholes, it's not much fun anymore..

Back in the 1980's I used to drive an MG Midget with the chrome bumpers and wire spoked wheels. I dread to think what would happen to those wheels with all the potholes that sometimes you can't see in the dark. We get a lot of those huge lorries round our way, the one's with 8 or 10 wheels, I'm sure they must be responsible for a lot of the damage on the roads, they weren't designed to take that sort of weight surely ?
                  Last edited by lookingforward; 22 March 2013, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                    I used to enjoy driving once upon a time, but now with the price of petrol, too many cars driving like nutters and the state of the roads with all the potholes, it's not much fun anymore..

Back in the 1980's I used to drive an MG Midget with the chrome bumpers and wire spoked wheels. I dread to think what would happen to those wheels with all the potholes that sometimes you can't see in the dark. We get a lot of those huge lorries round our way, the one's with 8 or 10 wheels, I'm sure they must be responsible for a lot of the damage on the roads, they weren't designed to take that sort of weight surely ?
                    Tell me about it had a smart arse only this evening doing about 60 mph in a 40 mph ANPR Camera zone on the M275 but what made it worse he had no lights on lol tosser

At the start of this restricted zone there was flashing lights that said, THESE CAMERAS ARE IN OPERATION lol
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 23 March 2013, 00:11.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      Tell me about it had a smart arse only this evening doing about 60 mph in a 40 mph ANPR Camera zone on the M275 but what made it worse he had no lights on lol tosser

At the start of this restricted zone there was flashing lights that said, THESE CAMERAS ARE IN OPERATION lol
                      Like probably everywhere else it was snowing today, much lighter than yesterday though. Anyway had to take my daughter into town and it was overcast and quite dark but the number of cars with no lights on and driving way too fast for the conditions was unbelievable. Some young lad came towards me going about 50mph without his lights on, one hand on the wheel, one hand at his ear chatting on his mobile

Once inside a modern heated car some drivers seem so cuckooned they don't seem to take into account the road conditions and drive as if it's the middle of summer, probably is in the car . Thing is a bit of ice, a pot hole, someone braking suddenly and

Going back to the state of the roads, round this way they really aren't fit for purpose, would love to see a mass public refusal to re-new road tax to see if that would get something done, although I suppose because it's cleverly been re-named vehicle excise duty, the Gov would say it's payment is nothing to do with the road maintenance program. Very clever sly change that one.

Comment

The state of the roads are pretty dire around here too...it's probably a countrywide problem...after all, it costs a lot of money to change the welfare and education systems...not forgetting subsidising the meals in the House of Commons
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

heard in this area the government gave council £1,500.000.00 to repair pot holes, the fund is £500,000 now, still got all the pot holes?

Comment

Did they have a Christmas party TTC?
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              Did they have a Christmas party TTC?

No doubt! the MP told me that part of a complaint!

Comment

Working...
                              X