GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HMRC tax App - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HMRC tax App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC tax App

Anyone downloaded the Hmrc tax App?

Was reading the information on iTunes (any queries about there App is to contact them via email and it ends in gmail) sounds bizarre
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: HMRC tax App

..... and as the news points out, it doesn't give a true picture (well it wouldn't would it, it's from the government!!!!) as it doesn't include things like VAT and various other taxes.

It shows what they want you to see.

Comment

If ive just searched for the right app, then its just a PAYE tax calculator basically. You input what you earn per week and it calculates tax and ni due for the year.

Its not really anything amazing, calculating tax and ni is quite simple.

all they have done is took a percentage of that calculation and used it to show where the money is spent.

I have never known gmail to be used by any hrmc support so that puzzles me, if anything the email should be from @goverment-gateway.org.uk

FP i doubt you will ever see an app to prepare a tax return. Theres too many variables that would need to be considered when inputing data.

When we file Tax Returns for our clients, we dont use hrmc services, we have our own software which files it for us.

I can point you in the direction of a tax return software for individuals if you are interested, its layed out so much nicer than hrmc's online filing service.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I still use this website, (update and correct against mine) does calculations for your previous and current calculations, day, weekly, monthly, yearly:

UK PAYE Salary Wage Income Tax Calculator 2012 UK. Updated for 2012/2013 inland revenue tax year. Calculate wages pension national insurance and student loan repayments online.

Note: PAYE only

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          I'll give it a spin as it's free... although looking at a screenshot, it seems to be only for PAYE people rather than for preparing a tax return like I have to do.
          Yes its only for PAYE
          Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          ..... and as the news points out, it doesn't give a true picture (well it wouldn't would it, it's from the government!!!!) as it doesn't include things like VAT and various other taxes.

It shows what they want you to see.
          Yes
          Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          If ive just searched for the right app, then its just a PAYE tax calculator basically. You input what you earn per week and it calculates tax and ni due for the year.

I have never known gmail to be used by any hrmc support so that puzzles me, if anything the email should be from @goverment-gateway.org.uk

I can point you in the direction of a tax return software for individuals if you are interested, its layed out so much nicer than hrmc's online filing service.
          I thought that it was strange too.......... Screen Shot of the e-mail:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0814.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1387152
          I was reading last night in bed, its for Feedback about the App, BUT its still a gmail
          Last edited by 5corpio; 29 May 2012, 05:53.

Comment

maybe Rangers FC needs to start using this App.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              maybe Rangers FC needs to start using this App.....

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                I still use this website, (update and correct against mine) does calculations for your previous and current calculations, day, weekly, monthly, yearly:

UK PAYE Salary Wage Income Tax Calculator 2012 UK. Updated for 2012/2013 inland revenue tax year. Calculate wages pension national insurance and student loan repayments online.

Note: PAYE only
                I've used that website...to calculate how much of a tax refund I'm due! Working for different agencies (when there is any work!) means that I'm taxed at BR so I'm usually due a refund. Also, if I work for full weeks it kicks in the student loan repayments but my annual earnings don't reach the threshold so I've often been able to claim back the repayments.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  or even @gsi.gov.uk which is the norm for anyone outwith a localised email (i.e. I had two, one for @dwp.gov.uk (localised) plus the mainframe one @gsi.gov.uk (central account))....

I suspect no government dept would use a gmail account, in fact they simply can't as the only way to authenticate and secure GSI is via their portal (basically 3 data-centres around the UK).

:niddy
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    Sounds dodgy… why would they use gmail?

Yes please!
                    http://www.taxpersonal.co.uk/product...D=123&P_ID=432

they will also notify you when next years one is released and give you the option to order it. i think its only £28

Comment

Brilliant, costs us shed loads more, but then we file around 300 returns a year, so its understandable lol

If you have any trouble with it, pm me and ill help.

Comment

Working...
                      X