GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re-applying uniform tax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-applying uniform tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-applying uniform tax

As many of you know my hubby returned to one of his old employment just recently, due to order dropping a downturn at the previous job, now he had the tax code for uniform tax.
    Then P45 he handed to the now employer should they use the same tax code, or will hubby have to re-apply again?

They have to wear full works uniform, from head to toe and its washed at home etc....

I will see if his payslip been updated with the tax code when he has his slip tomorrow (Weds) as well.

Thank you.

Re: Re-applying uniform tax

New employers must continue with the tax code on the p45, so in theory, they should continue, no need to re apply. The only time a tax code will change is if HMRC notify the employer to change it.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Brill thank you SXGuy.
      Strangely enough he had his tax coding notice in the post this morning which confirms as you said, they are to use the same code....,and this notice was dated over a week ago it says they have also notified his employer...

Comment

He came home with payslip, although the income from previous employer been added on, she not applied the other code as shown on the P45 she was given a week last Monday, should my husband mention anything about this to employer?, she still using the 1000L and it should now be 1006L, considering its the 2nd weeks pay this week since he been back there? He had actually given her the P45 before the first pay last week.

Comment

Yes take it up with his employer, quiz her, say, why have you ignored my tax code on my p45? she what she says, she wont have an excuse. If she corrects it on the next payslip, he will get a refund of any tax paid that shouldn't have been so no issue there.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

He asked them and they just said they use the basic one until they get the coding notice from HMRC, so hubby said that he gave them the P45 2 weeks ago and all details were on there, but they said they still go by the coding notice.
            The coding notice was dated 28 Oct, so we assume the company would have received it well by now.

Comment

That's bollox. See how may companies have no clue about payroll? You must always follow the last tax code from a most recent p45 until your told otherwise.

Comment

Exactly what I said, I think they know they cocked up but tried making an excuse lol, hubby going back down to the dept today to show them his copy of his coding notice etc....(this does say that the business been informed to use this given code)....

Comment

He tried sorting it again today down the wages dept and told the same - they not received the notice blah blah.......so he home and been in touch with Tax office by email form.

Comment

Wages still not sorted it so hubby been trying to contact the nunber on the tax coding notice, going through all the automated questions only to be told automatically at the end they cannot deal with his matter yet, so no joy getting through to hm customs. Is there an alternative tel number? The one on the coding notice is 03002003300. Thanks.

Comment

unfortunately that is the number to ring regarding PAYE, we have another fast track number but its for agents only. And if he rang it, its likely they wouldn't speak to him as he technically shouldn't have that number.

Comment

He finally got through, they said like what you said really SXGuy, they had no excuse but should have followed what was on the P45 and they did send them details of the coding notice weeks ago, so he said he is now on to it straight away again and will also send another copy to hubby. He told hubby it should defo be done in next weeks wage slip and to re-contact if any issues from there. Thank you for your help

Comment

Dont worry. As soon as it's sorted he will get a rebate on the next payslip for any over paid tax. Just annoying that they can't follow simple rules to begin with

Comment

Still don't think they done it, going by wages paid into our bank account today, if they have then they not rebated anything, will double check on his payslip when he brings it home today ...:-)

Comment

I was wrong they have put code right but not backdated, i'm sure it will adjust itself, and its only pennies i believe.......

Comment

Working...
                              X