GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax Credits Annual Award - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax Credits Annual Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Credits Annual Award

Does you guys know how long it takes to receive the Tax credits annual award please?

Basically this is down to the renewal for the year, they did say on the phone it could take up to 8 weeks, as we given them the information over the phone before the deadline 31 July 2013.

However, they did make a payment on Monday this week (lower) new payments into my bank account but I not yet received the award, so not sure when I should receive this in order for me to check it out.

Thank you in advance

Re: Tax Credits Annual Award

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Does you guys know how long it takes to receive the Tax credits annual award please?

Basically this is down to the renewal for the year, they did say on the phone it could take up to 8 weeks, as we given them the information over the phone before the deadline 31 July 2013.

However, they did make a payment on Monday this week (lower) new payments into my bank account but I not yet received the award, so not sure when I should receive this in order for me to check it out.

Thank you in advance
    Hi,
    Renewed ours by phone in June, received the awards notice this week, reduced by £180pm(bastards) they put the wrong figure down, after contacting them pointing out their mistakes say it can take up to 15 weeks to sort out then may not get the money. Idiots. On a better note contacted by the Pru saying I may be owed money on an old policy (lovely)

Comment

ours took a week

Comment

Thank you ;-) Received the award in the post this morning.

Mine reduced from £504 a month now down to £204, so a massive amount difference, mind you hubby has has a few bonus's early this year.

Sorry about the botch up on yours Helmsman, good news on the other owed to you, well done!

Comment

Just a tip about WTC. If when you finally get through on the help line and you get to the point of utter frustration as we did on one occasion, insist and keep on insisting that you speak with a team leader or manager. Once you get through to that level we found and enormous difference in the way your case/query is handled. because we have come onto pension but are still working the requisite hours for this year winding things down in the business (by the way all the hassle of the Barclaycard Commercial for the business counts as worked hours as well) although they work a year in arrears the guy worked out all the award stuff ahead based on estimates (which will be real of course) therefore minimising any risk of overpayment and penalties. Told if not heard within 21 days in writing then to contact them again with the reference he gave us.

regards
          G
          Last edited by garlok; 11 August 2013, 09:03.

Comment

Thank you for that Garlok, that is useful to know, cheers ;-)

We have not had entitlement to Working Tax for a few years now, just Child Tax, I almost forgot to renew it this year, we made the call to them the day before the deadline, so lucky to have had it sorted so quickly really.

However, what my hubby earned 2012-2013 is mainly down to bonus's and not regular, although they "may" have one this Christmas if they're lucky.

Now with that, should that be included within the annual income? (We included it) but just wanted to make sure, thanks.

Comment

Regarding the bonus issue, I made a similar enquiry with them this renewal and the answer was, Yes. They were interested in anything that counts as income, Even something that is a one off/ Occasional payment ect. It doesnt matter where it has come from, Anything that counts as income.

They just add it all together for that years total and then compare with last years estimate ect

However, On this renewal the lady on the phone asked my permision If she could check the figures I had given her against those that are supplied by HRMC. ( Apparently it was a trial they conducted last year and because it was so successful they are rolling it out to all areas)

I agreed and stated that the amount should tally to the penny ( As I had given figures off P45 ect) - She did a 30 second check..... And guess what..... She replied the figures I had given were correct to the very penny!

So I guess they now can check to the penny anyway. ( Or poss just in certain areas still)
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Spud ;-)

My hubby received a tax calculation via 2012-13 prior to giving the tax credits info on the phone, Tax was deducted due to uniform tax, it shown the amount taken before and after uniform tax, but the guy on the phone to tax credits said he will be going by the calculation before the uniform deduction.

Okay its only about £70 odd difference, so may not be worth ringing back up for?? (What would you do)?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Di,

I think a lot of the problems stem from the fact they are working actually a year behind all the time, hence this years award is calculated on the final actuals of the previous tax year. If the slightest thing gets out of kilter then the nightmare starts. To be fair the call centre they employ are not the brightest stars in firmament.

However when we went though it all including two compliance investigations in two years, it is apparent that HMRC do not know the rules and rates of benefits from DWP, in fact we supplied them with our copies of the various booklets to substantiate our case. Fundamentally the crux figure is the total income into a given household for a given set of circumstances in a given tax year. Their forms are to a certain extent ambiguous and people like CAB have being giving incorrect advice out. For example pensions. There is no box to declare pension income as such BUT there is a box which says "Other Income". Some CAB and other charitable organisations have the mistaken impression that pensions do not have to be declared. They do and this box covers HMRC for any and all eventualities putting the onus completely back on the claimant.

Pompey has a thread running about ESA at the moment and I would venture to suggest from what the OP is saying that this may be partly the issue.

regards
                  G

Comment

I was reading through the award and it says to let them know if the income goes up and down.

Now with that, we have estimated that this year 2013-14 will be approx £5K less, as last years income was made up of bonus's and overtime but its gone quite on the overtime front and will be for some time due to new machines coming in, this can apparentely take some time also because of building up another building to the company, where over the year overtime been 3 out of 4 times a month on weekends,they may be lucky to get one overtime day on the weekend every 2 months or so, would you inform them on this or wait until the end of the tax year?

Thanks.

Comment

Quiet not quite lol. (I tried editing to change then save) but nothing happening.

Comment

Hubby rang them this morning, taken almost 25 mins to get through, and they adjusted it and just said if we think it will change then as we done today is just to keep them up to date ;-) Should take just a few days and they will back date as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X