GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Working Tax Credits Renewal. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working Tax Credits Renewal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Tax Credits Renewal.

Those that have had them, know what the form looks like - I have a question.

When I gained my current role last August, I was on JSA - so I assume I cross 1.1?

Amount then goes in 2.1??

2.2 is self explanatory.

Reason ofr asking is notes state do not put an X here if you started work during the period covered by the declaration - seems a bit confusing to me.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Working Tax Credits Renewal.

Notes --> http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/tc603rd-notes.pdf

1.1 would be blank, yes
    2.1 is the amount of benefit received - £0 if nothing received in RITy 2012-2013
    2.2 is your income earned upto April 2013

You had it right
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Notes --> http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/tc603rd-notes.pdf

1.1 would be blank, yes
      2.1 is the amount of benefit received - £0 if nothing received in RITy 2012-2013
      2.2 is your income earned upto April 2013

You had it right
      That link provides far more information that was in my pack.

Regards 1.1 - I meant put a cross in the box as I was claiming.

2.1 - I did get some benefit, but not too much as I was working - I dont seem to have that info - but know I can get it

2.2 - I have my P60 so thats not an issue.

Actually - think I may be confusing myself over dates ?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        That link provides far more information that was in my pack.

Regards 1.1 - I meant put a cross in the box as I was claiming.

2.1 - I did get some benefit, but not too much as I was working - I dont seem to have that info - but know I can get it

2.2 - I have my P60 so thats not an issue.

Actually - think I may be confusing myself over dates ?
        EDIT - lets see if this works.

It is actually only this job I have had - Due to the M&S saga back in March (2012)

P60 says just under 10K with "this job" being £8.5K - so the rest will be JSA.

That actaul;ly sounds about right now. I think.
        Last edited by oscar; 12 June 2013, 13:58.

Comment

Don't you usually get a separate P60 for JSA? I'm sure (well, pretty sure ) I did.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Don't you usually get a separate P60 for JSA? I'm sure (well, pretty sure ) I did.
            Well you get a P45 when you sign off - your employer at the end of tax year issues the P60 - you get one each year.

If Oscar was claiming JSA in April then he would get the P60 from the dole, if he was working in the April it'd be from his employer with the dole element included
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just checked and, while I have several; P60s for the same tax year (due to working for several different agencies), there isn't one from DWP.

When I've had to claim my tax back, I've sent the P60s plus the P45 from DWP.

Comment

Just checked and, while I have several; P60s for the same tax year (due to working for several different agencies), there isn't one from DWP.

When I've had to claim my tax back, I've sent the P60s plus the P45 from DWP.
                Ahh see if you have several jobs at once then yea, I guess you could get more than one P60 but being the P60 is a final end of year tax statement, there *should* only be one as when you hand in a P45 it adds to that years running cumulative total.

If you have more than one job your main employer should issue it, but if you have 2 or more part time jobs then obviously there are no P45's being issued so you might end up with more than one P60.

Comment

I never know who my main employer is as it can change from week to week

Comment

I never know who my main employer is as it can change from week to week
                    I thought you were agency lol

Comment

I am...several agencies! Plus claiming JSA when there's no work. I don't half confuse them down at the jobcentre

Comment

If Oscar was claiming JSA in April then he would get the P60 from the dole, if he was working in the April it'd be from his employer with the dole element included
                        So I am right in thinking that the full amount includes JSA and the "this employment" is my earnings

Comment

Yep

JSA is a taxable benefit as such so it gets added. ALL income gets added

Comment

Yep

Thats fine then - was trying to work out what my "other job" was - I couldnt recall having one!!

Comment

Yep

Just to confuse you Niddy not all incomes are added for working tax credits.

Comment

Working...
                              X