GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wrong Income Details on Remortgage - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong Income Details on Remortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Income Details on Remortgage

Back in 2007 we remortgaged, our deal with Chelsea came to an end a year earlier.
    As we had a big secured loan as well with Nemo Finance, the settlement figure was £66K alone, so that was also added to the mortgage.

Back in 2003 we taken out a mortgage through right to buy, so we borrowed £54K on the mortgage back then.

The remortgage was taken out with then our bank Lloyds TSB (Adviser) and mortgage lender Cheltenham & Gloucester (C&G).
    The new mortgage with C&G worked out almost £118K, it added up because of the loan (I know its mad now)!

The application was prepared and we was called into the office at Lloyds TSB to sign, so where they crossed/marked it we signed.
    We trusted our bank as we have been with them for a good number of years.

Anyway back last year I requested for a SAR, looking through I note they had both mine and hubby's income details wrong, I was classed a a standard housewife/person and just hubby was earning, they had his income down as £28K (we wish), but back then his income was the highest of £16K, they then added benefits of £11K, where they got that from beats me, because we were then just receiving Child Benefit, and I just had 2 kids, I was not on Carers then, I was not a full time carer until a few months after the application.

So could I raise this up as a complaint folks please?

Thank you.

Re: Wrong Income Details on Remortgage

I forgot to mention, there was a shortfall on the first monthly payment, so the bank had to put extra in the overdraft.
    The payment was due a few days after the final completion.

Comment

Di

I assume that the mortgage was for below 70/75% as if it was they could fast track you and not go for proof of income.They should really have double checked their internal systems for the income going though your account.

Saying that though, if they had done the proper job on your income , even in the wild times of 2007 you would have been very marginal case on getting the mortgage in the first place.

Comment

Thank you for your input mgfboy, yes I know what your saying, cheers for that.

Comment

Working...
        X