GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PDL's and assignments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDL's and assignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDL's and assignments

Hi
    I understand that PDLs are regulated by a different part of the Consumer credit act.
    I believe that with a normal loan that if it is sold both parties (new and old) need to inform the debtor.
    I have been told that however with a PDL this is not necessary.
    Two questions
    1) Does the debtor need to be told and if so within what timeframe
    2) Would it be deceptive for the new owner to carry on claiming to be working "on behalf " of the original creditor

Thanks

Re: PDL's and assignments

1) I think they are still covered by this? http://www.berr.gov.uk/assets/biscor...e-guidance.pdf

See section 16.

2) If that is an untruth, then yes.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you rizzle. Please watch for someone crashing and burning on another site and me probably being banned again

However I am not doing this just out of spite, I need to know for myself as Mackenzie hall have told me they bought the loan years ago, yet up until last year they were working "on behalf of quick quid" well so the letters said

Comment

I said "think". *cough*

You'll need to check for yourself to make sure the CCD requirements on assignment apply to PDLs.

They might. They might not.

There are some exceptions in some parts for them.
        Last edited by Riz; 14 April 2012, 14:25.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know, thanks Rizzle. I read thru them and so far as I can see PDL's are covered. Didn't used to be but EU law has been included.
          From what it says the only time they do not need to tell you is if your payments and points of contact stay the same. So if I was paying MH on behalf of QQ then MH bought it they would not need to tell me because my payments and point of contact would still be MH.
          If however I had been paying QQ then they sold it to MH , whom I then had to start dealing with...they would have to tell me.

Anyway as some know, I need something to do to keep me out of trouble and baiting people on another site is good fun.

In my case I have been dealing with MH for quite a while but until last year the letters always said QQ were the actually creditor, now it says MH debt purchase. However they claim to have bought the debt when I first defaulted on it (a few years ago)
          However in Dec 2012 QQ stated that they had not sold the debt and the account was closed, so MH can go and whistle for the money

Oh dear, I have been banned because I upset a stupid girl . Never mind I have the info for my needs. Feel sorry for the OP though as he now only has half a conversation from someone who "knows what she is talking about cos she has over 7000 posts"
          Last edited by jon1965; 14 April 2012, 15:12.

Comment

Working...
          X