GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CARS DEBT COLLECTION - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CARS DEBT COLLECTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARS DEBT COLLECTION

Hi everyone
    further to the cancelling of the dial direct home insurance policy, the DCA CARS has phoned me 4 times now for the 68 quid, told her abbruptly not to ring again and write to me the first time, and the 2nd,3rd,4th time I never bothered to answer the phone, the thing is if its now gone to a DCA I was wondering how can they enforce something which I never signed a cca or any documentation other than the app which I filled in online??
    I maybe wrong, but it makes no odds they arnt getting a penny off me regardless, all for 68 quid in cancellation charges !!! nuts!! I really can't be arsed doing this dance with them.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

Re: CARS DEBT COLLECTION

I had a similar problem with a ladies policy (Diamond?) Was quoted one price over the phone, paid the deposit, was sent the paper work which showed a different price, rang them back, after a rather heated phone call told them nicely to cancel the policy..

Nothing further for about 3 or 4 months, then gets a DCA letter demanding about £80, so I called them told them what had happened, they weren't interested, several weeks/arguments later, told them calmly, fine, I'm NOT paying, so please take me to court, I WILL argue the case and take my chances there thank you very much, never heard from them again.

This was a good 12 months prior to finding this site, and it wasn't on my credit reports
    Now of course, I wouldn't have called them, but I would have written and told them that way to take a run and jump :-)

Comment

Hi alwaysskint,

thanks very much for your comments its very encouraging, it just confirms to me to do as you did and tell them to bugger off, you're right after you speak to like minded people on the site you realise just how little they can do, there has been a few times over the years when I could of done with some reassuring words with regards to these DCA people

Thanks again, all the best

Dave

Comment

Dave, in one of your posts above you mention that you made a small up front payment. This must mean that you asked them (albeit online) to start an annual policy and intended to pay the balance over monthly instalments. Because the DD forms weren't returned (and no further monies paid) they've cancelled the policy and are charging you all sorts of admin and processing fees on top of the 'cancellation' fees that will be detailed in the policy wording.

I can help with what to do next, but you'll need to be clear around how much was the premium they quoted you, how much you paid up front and when you first told them you no longer wanted to proceed with the policy.

You do need to be careful with this kind of thing..... Whenever you buy insurance (car, home, life, anything really...) they always ask if you've had "insurance cancelled, refused or declined". Technically, for you, the answer to this question is yes - and that means a fair number of companies will automatically decline to quote for you. If you don't come clean and gloss over this question, an insurance company has every right to kick out a claim because they can point to the fact that they wouldn't have insured you if they'd known about your previously cancelled policy. This isn't something you want to be faced with when there's water pouring from the pipes in your loft or your car has been written off.

Get it sorted mate.

Comment

I think the above advice is probably very wise. However, I'm not!

As I mentioned previously I've had three insurances 'cancelled' in this way because the fees they wanted were just plain greedy and taking the wee wee. I just ignored eveyrthing and they eventually went away. In fact it's one of them I'm supposed to be being visited by today (how I hope he comes, especially after only 3 hours sleep last night!)

I've always said I've not had a policy cancelled, and last year, after 30 years of claim free driving I had to make two claims (one my fault, one not). Both were paid out without any problems. I'm not advising this as a way forward for you, as I said I'm not always wise. However, for me it has worked.

Comment

Cheers Lakeside1 and BBoo for your comments, I tend to think the same as BBoo I suppose, Lakeside I will post up the info you asked for and thank you in advance, as I repeat that for 63 quid they are going abit over the top and I have no intention of paying them anything just because I didnt send back the signed gredit agreement on time, they haven't provided me with any services or cover as the policy was cancelled really before it started, I will pay for any period I was covered no probs but if they expect me to pay some soft arse charges regardless of whether its in there t&c's they are barking up the wrong tree, I am too pissed off with people like this in general, so excuse the language folks but as far as I'm concerned they can fook off!!
            Cheers anyway, and Lakeside I will get back to you.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X