GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC car insurance query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC car insurance query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC car insurance query

got told that was due refund when i have cancelled a policy

so expecting said refund asked mum to keep an eye on here credit card statement to confirm the refund had been processed

she has then told me shes had no refund but had an extra charge of £2.77. Not alot but oh well.

rang them up and they are saying that in the policy documents that no refund is due however due to conflicting advice they will issue the refund

Im sat here thinking that in all honesty i'm going to be ringing up this time next week to again deal with this problem.

This sort of thing isnt a common occurrence with insurance companies is it?
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: HSBC car insurance query

In the interests of Capitalism I am afraid so they are robots remember programmed to take as much money from you as possible.

Comment

Trying to get money you are owed out of any organisation is like pulling hens teeth. They will cough up eventually but oh boy they do like to take their time. See if they wait for you to pay when the shoe is on the other foot!

Comment

Companies wind me up, they take your money before you even realise what has happend, then drag their feet when it needs paying back.

Just like banks, why is it, they can take money owed to them any day of the week, but yet, take 3 to 5 days to process a cheque. Something has to change!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If they dont cough up, put in a compliant and then take them to FOS!!!!

My pet hate at the moment is credit card companies that have the payment date on a none banking day. My view is the payment date should be on a working day so you can always make the payment!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            If they dont cough up, put in a compliant and then take them to FOS!!!!

My pet hate at the moment is credit card companies that have the payment date on a none banking day. My view is the payment date should be on a working day so you can always make the payment!!!
            I had a similar argument with the Woolwich some years back.

Had a Standing order set up to transfer money at a certain date each month. One month, the date it was due to come out happend to land on a sunday, so rather than it going out on the following Monday, they decided to draw on the account the day before (Saturday)

The money wasnt in there to come out yet, as i had paid it in cash, the saturday and i guess it tried coming out earlier than i had banked.

I got charged for the standing order not going out, i questioned the lady on how they thought it was right to draw the money a day early, and why they cant do it on a sunday, yet they can take money owed to them on any day of the week, she had no answer.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              I had a similar argument with the Woolwich some years back.

Had a Standing order set up to transfer money at a certain date each month. One month, the date it was due to come out happend to land on a sunday, so rather than it going out on the following Monday, they decided to draw on the account the day before (Saturday)

The money wasnt in there to come out yet, as i had paid it in cash, the saturday and i guess it tried coming out earlier than i had banked.

I got charged for the standing order not going out, i questioned the lady on how they thought it was right to draw the money a day early, and why they cant do it on a sunday, yet they can take money owed to them on any day of the week, she had no answer.
              I believe that the Banking day be abolished and that we have ability to bank 24/7 at all times

A big problem i have is with retailers using "offline" authorisations for debit and credit card transactions which allows people to overspend

but thats a bigger debate
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
              X