GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DD question. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DD question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD question.

I REALLY should know this, but things might have changed. With a DD it used to be they would give you a date - ie 11/11 and it would be taken that date or possibly a couple of days after (usually if date is non working day)

On Cahoot website, for credit cards, it states the payment will be taken on X or before.

Does this hold water? - I thought it had to be taken on or after the given date. Reason I ask is I MIGHT get a bank charge due to it being taken 3 days before their stated date.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: DD question.

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    I REALLY should know this, but things might have changed. With a DD it used to be they would give you a date - ie 11/11 and it would be taken that date or possibly a couple of days after (usually if date is non working day)

On Cahoot website, for credit cards, it states the payment will be taken on X or before.

Does this hold water? - I thought it had to be taken on or after the given date. Reason I ask is I MIGHT get a bank charge due to it being taken 3 days before their stated date.
    See this mate (the guarantee) ---> http://www.bacs.co.uk/BACS/BUSINESSE...Guarantee.aspx

However so long as they have told you an average date and told you the frequency, you've no leg to stand on. If they say it'll be taken before X date, then they can take it before X date.

Usually most banks work on the premise of taking payments AFTER a non working day and advertise it as collection AFTER X date (presumably to cover themselves).....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Usually most banks work on the premise of taking payments AFTER a non working day and advertise it as collection AFTER X date (presumably to cover themselves).....
      Yep - after is what I am used to. Expect they have said before for the same reasons.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        Yep - after is what I am used to. Expect they have said before for the same reasons.
        If they say before X date then they are well within their rights mate...... you should keep available funds or foot the late charge unfortunately.

I was on holiday and forgot to move money into other accounts and got a late charge and a DD charge - first time ever thats happened to me but It was my fault so I paid them......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had this with an O2 DD. They took it just before my salary went in for the first time ever.... and after reading all the blurb, found that they'd covered themselves for doing this; although I can't remember the precise wording now.

I managed to get half of it refunded from someone at the time though 'coz I created such a stink, so it's always worth a shot.

Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            If they say before X date then they are well within their rights mate..
            True, but its a little ambiguous. I mean if they say "on or before 15 November" then there is nothing actually stopping them taking it on 31 October (or even before).

Will take the hit - but not happy about it!

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              I had this with an O2 DD. They took it just before my salary went in for the first time ever.... and after reading all the blurb, found that they'd covered themselves for doing this; although I can't remember the precise wording now.

I managed to get half of it refunded from someone at the time though 'coz I created such a stink, so it's always worth a shot.

Stopped using DD years ago, can be a pain some things are cheaper by a few £s if you pay by DD, some things you just cant have, never really been a problem just pay via internet banking no charges from the bank anymore. Over £2000 claimed back from NWB Nationwide over £1500 unable to get back.
              Last edited by helmsman; 12 November 2011, 09:26.

Comment

Its because of this very reason that all my payments (even the mortgage) are now paid by standing order so they come out on the exact day I want them to, not before.

A couple of companies claimed they could not do payments by standing order, but after a little bit of playing my face up, they strangely managed to give me their bank details.

Or as already mentioned, internet banking is superb, as you can make electronic payments online on the day you want. As my bank are with the faster payments scheme, I also know that the payments go to into the receiving account on the same day.

Best

SnV
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                X