GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Amex card - annual fee hike - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amex card - annual fee hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amex card - annual fee hike

Hi all,

I have a BA Amex card for which there was an annual fee of £30. I could stomach this as the primary purpose of the card was to earn BA airmiles; however I've received a letter today saying the annual fee has increased to a staggering £150! This makes it very much NOT worth continuing with.

The problem I have is there is a balance of about £1500 currently sat on it - not massive, but more than I can afford to write a cheque for right now. I know you can reject interest rate increases and pay off the balance at the existing rate - but my question is; can you 'reject' other changes in the t&cs (i.e. annual fees) in the same way?

Many thanks

Lakeside

Re: Amex card - annual fee hike

You can reject this and close the account. Request a repayment account based on ur refusal to accept the change in terms.

You're entitled to invoke such but you close the credit facility of the account in doing so.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps annual fee is a change in terms, as is interest rate hike. You are entitled to refuse ANY change in terms that you want.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Quality, as always.

Comment

Working...
        X