GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS reducing overdraft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS reducing overdraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS reducing overdraft

we have had an account with RBS for years, It got upped to a royalties account with agreed overdraft about 20 years ago when we got asked in for an assessment,Hadn't used it for 10+years as hubbys wages were paying off the overdraft and then going back into overdraft to live, so we changed bank accounts but left the overdraft running and used it a bit like a savings account, pay so much off use it in an emergency to pay some thing off.
    2 years ago they upped the account fee so I asked if we could change the account to one that didn't charge a fee so we could try and pay it off, this was agreed and have been paying off enough to cover the interest + couple of ££ over,
    with family problems I forgot to pay the last couple of months and was reminded buy a letter last week that said I had gone over my arranged overdraft limit because of a payment I had made ,they had decided to agree the payment and it had taken me over the limit. it was interest on the account that they were paying to themselves,
    I made a payment straight away into the account
    Today I receive a letter from RBS saying they have reviewed my account and are thinking of reducing my overdraft limit, but would like me tophone and discuss my income and expeniture to see what my available options are!
    Now I am a wee bit annoyed because

1, this is a joint account but Hubby was the main account holder
    2, while we were on the royalty account and paying a fee they didn't seem to mind if it went over
    3,when I changed the account I told the girl we didn't use the account and it was just to pay off the overdraft an amount we could afford each month.

do I have to phone or can I just send a letter pointing out that I will pay off the overdraft at xx amount each month and they can reduce the overdraft every time it has reduced by xx amount

ta
    no I can't clear it have a wedding in may to pay for
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: RBS reducing overdraft

Definitely write NW, you can't trust what they say on the phone.

Elsa x

Comment

Do you still need to use this NW? If not, why not send the OD CCA Request ?
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

can't go that way Pixie as I had to sign for the change of account and it mentioned the OD in the paperwork + all my Defaults are now off my file

Comment

Working...
        X