GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Current Account Upgrade... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Account Upgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Account Upgrade...

I am thinking about upgrading my current account and talking my daughter into doing the same. For £15 a month (each), we would get:

Car Breakdown cover
    Mobile Phone Insurance
    Home Emergency cover
    Worldwide Travel Insurance

All for 12 x £15 a month = £174 a year. or £10 a month with a monthly credit of approx. £700 a month and at least two direct debits

Even by rejecting the renewal car breakdown cover and going for a new policy though TopCashback each year, we are both still paying a lot more than this for everything combined. Seems a bit too good to be true really.....

Does anyone see have an upgraded account? Mine/hers would both be with Halifax.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Current Account Upgrade...

Hi, I have upgraded my Nationwide account, it is only £10 and I thought that the benefits outweighed the cost.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They certainly seem to.... Our breakdown cover is up for renewal and I was quoted over £200 for 2 cars, which is ridiculous..... but even with a new policy, it seems cheaper to get the current account upgrade when everything else is added up.

I'm going to do it, I think..... My daughter's mobile phone insurance is about £15 a month on its own!
      Remember the mantra:

Comment

I don't think the recovery is as comprehensive as AA/RAC, but coupled with phone and travel insurance I think it is worth it..

Comment

Be sure to check that cover is like for like on policy booklets as often have found these account bolt ons to be inferior

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            I don't think the recovery is as comprehensive as AA/RAC, but coupled with phone and travel insurance I think it is worth it..
            Thanks Cym.... It says road side assistance and home start, which is good enough on the face of it. If the car cannot be fixed on the roadside, they will tow it to the nearest approved garage..... which sounds pretty similar to what we've got now.

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Be sure to check that cover is like for like on policy booklets as often have found these account bolt ons to be inferior
            Thanks Pompey..... I know what you mean. My daughter's bf has an account upgrade with a different bank, so I'll check it out with him when they come back form holiday. There's a £50 "buffer" for a mobile phone claim, which also sounds similar to what we've currently got with O2.
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Just for mobile phones it is worth it for us. 3 phones, each would cost £5.99 each per month insurance and have a lower excess

Comment

Keep telling my son to get mobile insurance as he has trashed 3 in the past 18mths due to water damage

Comment

Keep telling my son to get mobile insurance as he has trashed 3 in the past 18mths due to water damage
                  I had a Nokia 3310 for 10 years..... lol..... but these new devices are so fragile that the minute they're dropped, the screen usually cracks, or they absorb condensation, or some other rubbish.

Annoying.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

I have brought myself a new phone with 8x Octa core processor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1614297037...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

I have brought myself a new phone with 8x Octa core processor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1614297037...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                      Very nice Pompey! Nice to see you treating yourself....
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                        Very nice Pompey! Nice to see you treating yourself....
                        Thank you my present phone is prehistoric!

Comment

I've read more about the Ultimate Reward Account account this morning but may not go ahead after all, as it would mean losing the £5 a month credit on the Reward Account that we both have at the moment...... which makes it less of a good deal.

Hmmmmmm.....
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

hi,
                            another vote for upgraded accounts. I also read in to all the small print and found Lloyds to be good value for £17 a month.
                            don't forget to register the IMEI numbers of the phones on the policy (i assume they will want this) and to ensure to add additional passengers to any travel policy before leaving the country.
                            happy days!
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

When I work out my IMEI numbers I will supply them! Have a student under 21 in the house makes Nationwide £10 policy even more attractive.
                              Last edited by cymruambyth; 7 January 2015, 07:08.

Comment

Working...
                              X