GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Hrmmmm let me look at this over the weekend. Not ideal but I'm struggling to find a reason for an IA review.

Sit tight for now
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hrmmmm let me look at this over the weekend. Not ideal but I'm struggling to find a reason for an IA review.

Sit tight for now
      Thanks Niddy but not to worry too much, it does seem to be a difficult one, this service manager says if we think any points missed then to let her know, but its just going over old ground really.
      I am annoyed with the fact though that what we did send orginally for the complaint where the bank failed to, it felt it was used against us, and the fact they did go along with lack of evidence from the bank, its only the service of the complaint they can take into account, and according to her the same as the Ombudsman there was no reason to award further redress.

I know what you mean though about finding a reason for the IA, but was the service manager meant to say this as the next step, or maybe she never mentioned this because she does not feel there is any reason to do so?

Comment

I have not yet responded to service manager email, really dont know what to say to her to be honest, not even thanked her lol....

Comment

Lloyds been in contact to say they sent cheque on 11th July (last Friday) not sure of the amount as yet but they did say if its not received by 5 days to contact them, will keep you informed.

Still not sure what I should do about the IA, I do have 3 months as from last week but am in doubt at the moment lol.

Comment

I'll re-read tmw. Bear with me please.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              I have not yet responded to service manager email, really dont know what to say to her to be honest, not even thanked her ..
              I've got your PM. Sorry for my slow response.

The service manager doesn't deserve your thanks. How dare she not tell you that you have the right to go to the Independent Assessor. Actually she's a Team Manager (according to your earlier post) so she may have a boss/manager and she may not be the decision maker. She could be trying to defend her Team's position to cover her own backside.

I'm not around for a couple of days but I think it's good idea to check out the hierarchy before you go to the IA because there may be another level to escalate your complaint. In my experience whenever you complain about anyone at the FOS they always try to supress the complaint or keep it 'out of sight'.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I'll re-read tmw. Bear with me please.
                Thanks Niddy, just wanted to keep you informed on the refund, cheers for your help, I do appreciate what you have done to help us and we still got that bit further and better than nothing at all

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  I've got your PM. Sorry for my slow response.

The service manager doesn't deserve your thanks. How dare she not tell you that you have the right to go to the Independent Assessor. Actually she's a Team Manager (according to your earlier post) so she may have a boss/manager and she may not be the decision maker. She could be trying to defend her Team's position to cover her own backside.

I'm not around for a couple of days but I think it's good idea to check out the hierarchy before you go to the IA because there may be another level to escalate your complaint. In my experience whenever you complain about anyone at the FOS they always try to supress the complaint or keep it 'out of sight'.
                  Brill thank you PlanB, I am very grateful for any input and of course I agree with what you said, she is just backing everything up from the team, and she not given, like the fact of the further redress part of it, was because the ombudman says so, then service manager is just agreeing.

Have a good few days, and thanks again) X

Comment

PlanB, its possible you are right, when I requested for the details in June, I was told the first point is to his Manager, copy of email received then in June below.......(as on emails received from this manager is "Team Manager")

Dear Mr & Mrs

Further to my last email I have attached a leaflet with information regarding our complaints process.
                    The first point of call would be my manager, Lisa Lowe, who is available on 02070935702 or lisa.lowe@financial-ombudsman.org.uk. Lisa can look at the service you have received, but not at the outcome of the complaint as that is strictly down to the Ombudsman.
                    Yours sincerely,
                    Adjudicator

Comment

It's easy enough to get into an argument but the thing is the Manager doesn't have to spell out the process - they usually do but the fact this one didn't won't affect anything.

The only arguable points are really the added stress due to delay and repetition of requests. But the manager has addressed those issues and whether any of us agree (or not) they are plausible enough to warrant the response you received. There's nothing else we've got that we can hit them with.

For example we're arguing that getting you to do all this running around is affecting your health but the FOS can & will (rightly) argue "well you want it resolved and we can't do that with no info. However because the bank is big they never make mistakes so unless you prove them wrong we will find for the bank like we always do cos we're wasters in suits". I digress but the point is it's not like you sent it all last week and they asked again three times this week.

Its tough to take but I'd look to ignore the manager and just move on now. You've learned what NOT to do if you need to do this over again and you've also learned that sometimes being "too forward" can shoot you in the foot. You've partially won. Great. It's better than the last result when I first looked in.

Wonder what the cheque will be.....

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        PlanB, its possible you are right, when I requested for the details in June, I was told the first point is to his Manager, copy of email received then in June below.......

Dear Mr & Mrs

Further to my last email I have attached a leaflet with information regarding our complaints process.
                        The first point of call would be my manager, Lisa Lowe, who is available on 02070935702 or lisa.lowe@financial-ombudsman.org.uk. Lisa can look at the service you have received, but not at the outcome of the complaint as that is strictly down to the Ombudsman.
                        Yours sincerely,
                        Adjudicator
                        now read the leaflet. It explains about IA there.

Its a dead duck. Forget this line of attack. It's not mandatory to spell out the next steps as it's in all literature issued by the FOS when you complain.

the email above is bang on. You can't jump in with IA complaints. The IA is the last resort.

Comment

Thanks Niddy and yep I totally agree, I dont think there is any-way to go on this one now, and still a far better outcome than it originally was
                          I cant see it being a big amount but every penny counts, I shall let you know when the cheque arrives lol. , thank you for all your help and hard work going into this to help us, its appreciated very much and yep one to learn LOL, cheers so much

Comment

Postie walked right passed, the fact that we we told the cheque was despatched last Friday 11 July even at 2nd class surely it should have arrived by now?

Should I email lloyds to ask? and the amount? (do you think they will tell me though)? lol x

Comment

You just need to sit tight. It gets ordered then processed then posted and can take a good 2-3 weeks so try and ignore it. You'll get a surprise when it lands on your mat

We waited 5 months for a FOS awarded cheque previously.

Comment

LOL!! yeah will do!

Blimey 5 months is a VERY long time!!! You have more patience than me then Niddy lol!!

What they did say yesteday was, if we not received it by 5 days then to let them know, so take into account the weekend as well etc.........

We do have terrible postal issues in our area due to many similar surrounding addresses and do tend to get each other's mail, the one's who live in the next street are usually away for months at a time, the last time they brought us our mail that went to their's there were about 30 letters!!! .

Will give it a bit of time though, as no-one else can cash in the cheque lol

Comment

Working...
                                X