GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Not too good news with my packaged reclaim/FOS

Just to add email received yesterday (in case I delete it from emails) lol.......

Dear Mr and Mrs

REF(FOS).......

I'm pleased to confirm the payment was ordered, a cheque was sent to you on 11 July 2014 and you should receive this shortly.

Please let me know if you do not receive it in the next 5 days.

Yours sincerely

Sharon Blackburn - FOS Liaison Team - Customer Services
    Telephone - 0845
    Internal - $Customer Services FOS

Comment

Cheque arrived in post today, am surprised as I never expected this amount, after tax deducted of 20% the amount awarded on cheque £274.58 , wasnt in the Lloyds Premier account for that long really and they had to treat it as a platinum amount and refund the remainder from that to the Premier account.

Will put it in over the next few days, then will sort out a donation, thank you so so much Niddy for all your help, this will also help pay towards my mortgage this month lol lol :-) happy days and also thank you to everyone else for your input.

Now I cant remember if i have to let the FOS know or not?? lol Cheers so much x

Comment

Well done Di and Niddy, love good news on AAD
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you IF....., if it wasnt for our Niddy, this would not have gone anywhere, he is a diamond

Comment

Hi Di. Excellent news that the cheque arrived.

I'm not overly impressed with the amount and tax, tax on what? A premium you've already paid AFTER you were taxed in your wage. I think not. Check with the FOS and also did they send a breakdown calculation?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Don't chase the FOS yet. Don't cash cheque just yet. Let's just discuss things first

Im curious as to how they made this calculation when the bank themselves don't have records confirming what was paid etc. Hence my question about a calculation
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

pps - LTSB always mess up ppi / charges reclaims. It's normal.

Comment

lol will post it up once scanned, i know tax deduction was mentioned on request of the FOS on ombudsman letter, its not exactly a detailed calculation and since we ripped out house apart i've not been able to find that particular paperwork, however, think its still on the computer and earlier on this thread :-)

Comment

Hand-written as my scanner taking forever.....

Dear Mr & Mrs

I refer to recent correspondence from the Financial Ombudsman Service and understand you accepted the settlement.

There, please find enclosed a cheque for £274.58 made up of:

£196.00 refund of fees
                    £78.58 refund of interest

Our offer includes an interest payment from which we've deducted income tax at the rate of 20%. If you are non-tax payers or starting rate payers you may be able to reclaim all or part of this tax. However, if you are highter or additiional rate tax payers you may have a further tax liability in respect of this payment. You will need to declare this payment to your tax office who will advise of any further tax which may be due. Details of the interest paid and tax are deducted below:

Gross interest payment £98.23
                    Less tax deducted @ 20% £19.65
                    Net Interest paid £78.58

Yours sincerely

Comment

Here is the info of charges but it does not take me all the way to Oct 2009 when i closed the account and went elsewhere. (from another thread here_
                      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...e-letter/page2

With the partly upheld it was on the final account of the Premier, the ombudman wanted this calculated with the platinum account, so instead of refunding the full £25 a month which would have worked out a lot more, it was adjusted by the amount of platinum, as the ombudsman says that we probably would have stayed in that account if the bank manager didnt just at that time upgrade without out authorisation.
                      So for example, £25 minus £15 a month is left with £10 a month refund to date etc.........(i think)???

Comment

Do you think in regards of the above, is there any need to contact the FOS or not please

Comment

Should I cash it in? yes, no? lol lol...

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Yea just cash it. I don't think we've much left to fight. Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Sorry for the delay. Yea just cash it. I don't think we've much left to fight. Do you?
                              No worries and thanks. Your right, will close this one completely now, cash it in by end of week, thanks for all your help, both me and Dai appreciate it very much

Comment

I have let adjudicator know that cheque arrived, he checking with the ombudsman of the excessive charges on the account (premier) the upheld one. I take it this is because we would not have been paying up to almost £80 for excessive charges, fees interest a month on that account than we would have done, as the fos said we would hav stayed in the platinum account if the manager did not upgrade on that one. Not sure if they would have taken that into account though, but see what he says.

He supposed to be emailing back once ombudsman got back to him, will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X