GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script found a cat in the road - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

found a cat in the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a cat in the road

Went for a drive into the countryside this evening and driving back down a country lane we saw a cat it was still alive so my friend put it onto a plastic bag which is all we had in the boot and we phoned the Blue Cross animal hospital who asked us to take it to the emergency surgery, the cat was crying all the way there and lifting his head , but was in pain, there was no blood but he was finding it difficult to breath, anyway we got him to the animal hospital who gave him a quick examination , they said he could feel all his feet but needed oxygen and pain relief, we have to phone in the morning at 10.30. Glad we found him and could get him medical care but feeling quite sad I love animals so much and cannot stand the thought of them in pain. The nurse said he was shock and that they would stableise him.
    I hope he will be ok

Re: found a cat in the road

Hi Spent, Hope the wee cat makes it. You did the right thing, well done. Keep us posted. I wouldn't be without my Dog's and Cat (well it's not sure what it is). Accidents happen but there's no excuse for leaving it in the road.

Regards and Best Wishes, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Hi Spent, Hope the wee cat makes it. You did the right thing, well done. Keep us posted. I wouldn't be without my Dog's and Cat (well it's not sure what it is). Accidents happen but there's no excuse for leaving it in the road.

Regards and Best Wishes, Handy

thank you, yes will update tomorrow , I have a black cat she is my best friend she got her tail bitten off a few years back and never goes out now apart from the front and back gardens , well i can't blame her

Comment

Sounds Like she may have met my old Border Terrier or Mrs Handy with the Hoover. One day I got a call at work saying she had hoovered up the cats tail. It was lying under the bed valence and she didn't know he was there. It was never quite straight after that.

My old terrier always used to chase cats until we were adopted by a Feral Tortoiseshell I called shadow. A couple of thumps on her nose later and now she treats cats with the greatest respect.

Regards, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

ha ha ha , the dog that bit her tail off was our neighbours dog he is very antisocial where cats are concerned , but my cat was rather sassy and did insist on sitting on the wall with her tail dangling down over the dogs side of the fence, she is quite a tough little thing and still sits on that fence although she now knows the dog is on a lead and cannot reach her , she is one brave cat
          She hates the hoover too just like your cat , i had my five month old grandson stay last week and the cat got under the bed, my youngest son tried so hard to bribe her out with her special treats but she wasn't having any of that , so i got the spout of the hoover and pretended to hoover under the bed , she soon moved and i was able to close her out , i still couldn't sleep i was listening and watching for my grandson all night and he slept a full 10 hours i was tired out the next day

Comment

That sounds similar to my old terrier and the neighbours cat when we lived in Yorkshire. She was caught one day grimly hanging on while the cat tried to climb the wall. She escaped, rudder intactus, but it was never quite as straight.

In a couple of weeks we have GD (aged 3) visiting. She says on the phone that she can't wait to meet Millie our recently adopted stray cat. Millie is a playful softy, but she still stick in teeth and claws while playing. I don't think the cat will be as happy at meeting GD. Another hurdle to overcome

Comment

lol looking forward to hearing how that goes , i reckon my grandson is planning something for the cat he keep watching her and i can see him trying to reach out everytime she is near him

Comment

That is so kind of you taking the cat to the vets.

like Handy my cats and doggy are my fur babies and I hope that if anything happened to them somone would be kind too

x

Comment

update on the cat.
                  It was chipped so the owners have been found, the vet said he is much improved today , he is going for xrays , need to phone back later

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                    That is so kind of you taking the cat to the vets.

like Handy my cats and doggy are my fur babies and I hope that if anything happened to them somone would be kind too

x
                    agree i absolutley love animals and could never leave them injured

Comment

What a lovely thing to do Spent2much

I have a dog and 2 cats (was 3 until earlier this year ) and I'd hoped someone would do the same for them if they ever got hurt.

It's good to hear that he's improving and that his owners have been found.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        update on the cat.
                        It was chipped so the owners have been found, the vet said he is much improved today , he is going for xrays , need to phone back later

Ahhh i hope the owners give you a little thank you - I know i would!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          update on the cat.
                          Seems like the cat has only lost one of his nine lives

Once he's recovered and gone 'home' I hope you get to visit with a bag of cat nip to put a smile on his face while he gets over the ordeal The owners must be truly grateful to you and thank goodness for those chips at times like this.

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                            Ahhh i hope the owners give you a little thank you - I know i would!!
                            thank you , i haven't seen them yet but i think they will be thankful like you i would if someone took my little baby to the vet if she were injured

Comment

I tell you what though this cat is enormous and really beautiful i knew he was a cat who obviously is loved and cared for , he was crying all the way to the vets and i think he was frightened in the car poor thing , it broke my heart to see him helplessly lying there in pain

Comment

Working...
                              X