GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script found a cat in the road - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

found a cat in the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: found a cat in the road

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    ha ha i think i need to watch you
    You'll soon get used to handy's sense of humour - have a read of his Hooray Hall thread!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      While we are on the subject of Cat's and Dogs meet 4/5ths of the Family. The old terrier was next door hogging the fire

I had hoped Millie would do her acrobatics. She Normally spends 5 minutes juggling with her chew and hiding it under the carpet while the dogs look on hoping to grab any windfalls she leaves.

But tonight she must have been camera shy

Regards, Handy

your house is like noah' ark with all those gorgeous animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        You'll soon get used to handy's sense of humour - have a read of his Hooray Hall thread!

i like it here and the people , you are all lovely its so friendly and yet very helpful

Comment

I'm lovin' your new avatar with the lucky black cat Is that the one with no tail

Comment

I have come home with abandoned Tawny Owls, Badgers and Rabbits.
            A couple of weeks ago I found a waterlogged just fledged Jackdaw. Now I have done my spot of gamekeeping and pest control, but these days I prefer to shoot with my camera.

I took the Jackdaw in the shed and dried it out with a hair dryer.

20 minutes later it was airborne again. It said thanks by leaving a present right down the bonnet of my car. That's the story of Handy's life. Always in the brown stuff, it's only the depth that varies.

regards, Handy
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
              your house is like noah' ark with all those gorgeous animals.
              Don't tell Mrs Handy I never hoover'd the carpet before posting the video. Her bite is worse than any terrier

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Loved that video Handy!

Comment

Hi, I just phoned the vets and the poor little man was put to sleep this morning, after they xrayed him the internal injuries were too severe
                  The vet said if we hadn't picked him up and taken him he would suffered horribly , i'm sat her crying as i love animals so much, i'm such a softy

Comment

O how very sad...........

but I bet the owners are still so greatful to you for taking him to the vets

You did all you could

((

Comment

On the West Country news tonight a kitten was found in a dustbin.
                      It's being cared for and doing well.

Years ago I found a 6 week old kitten just after the bin men had left. It had a broken hip, so I assume it was crushed in the lorry. It also had cat flu.

I took it to my vet, he was an old school Irish man. I must say I did try the PDSA first and they wanted to put her down. Old Mctaggart did the business and I had her for over 14 years. She was never a Lap Cat but used to wrap herself round your head in bed at night and give you a scalp massage. The flu left her with a runny nose so your hair would end up soaking. I called her tippy because of the white tips on each paw.

Now I rescued many more cats over the years. All of them from where ever I obtained them have come when called and gone on walks with the dogs.

When I lived in the city, I was calling in my moggies one Saturday evening about 11:30. My drive way had a 6 foot drystone wall down one side and as Sooty, my black tom was walking down the top I heard an air rifle pellet whistle over his head.

There were houses that over looked our back garden. I obviously hadn't been seen but I spotted a neighbour with his teenage son looking out of a bedroom window air rifle in hand.

By the time he was ready to take a second shot I was in and out of my house and as he took aim Pussy fired back.

As I used to do part time pest control, well I won't say any more but a pellet lodged itself in the window frame a few inches from the chaps head.

Drat I thought I was aiming at the light bulb inside the room.

I could have reported him and his son, but I think my course of action may have discouraged him more than a visit from the boys in blue.

If he had of hit my cat! well again I won't go there.
                      I can stand people mistreating people more than I can those who mistreat animals. At least most people eventually find a voice.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        On the West Country news tonight a kitten was found in a dustbin.
                        It's being cared for and doing well.

Years ago I found a 6 week old kitten just after the bin men had left. It had a broken hip, so I assume it was crushed in the lorry. It also had cat flu.

I took it to my vet, he was an old school Irish man. I must say I did try the PDSA first and they wanted to put her down. Old Mctaggart did the business and I had her for over 14 years. She was never a Lap Cat but used to wrap herself round your head in bed at night and give you a scalp massage. The flu left her with a runny nose so your hair would end up soaking. I called her tippy because of the white tips on each paw.

Now I rescued many more cats over the years. All of them from where ever I obtained them have come when called and gone on walks with the dogs.

When I lived in the city, I was calling in my moggies one Saturday evening about 11:30. My drive way had a 6 foot drystone wall down one side and as Sooty, my black tom was walking down the top I heard an air rifle pellet whistle over his head.

There were houses that over looked our back garden. I obviously hadn't been seen but I spotted a neighbour with his teenage son looking out of a bedroom window air rifle in hand.

By the time he was ready to take a second shot I was in and out of my house and as he took aim Pussy fired back.

As I used to do part time pest control, well I won't say any more but a pellet lodged itself in the window frame a few inches from the chaps head.

Drat I thought I was aiming at the light bulb inside the room.

I could have reported him and his son, but I think my course of action may have discouraged him more than a visit from the boys in blue.

If he had of hit my cat! well again I won't go there.
                        I can stand people mistreating people more than I can those who mistreat animals. At least most people eventually find a voice.

Regards all, Handy

well done agree with what you did

Comment

Working...
                        X