GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome to genevieve - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to genevieve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to genevieve

Hello genevieve and welcome, I am sure you will find the help you need, if we can kindly ask you to check through the following links to get used to the surroundings first:-
    We don't bite, Help will be on its way, whatever your circumstances.

Best wishes
    Pixie ...x
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Welcome to genevieve

Hi genevieve and Welcome from me too
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi
      I've joined to ask advice on a few specific things, just want to take a look round first and decide how to ask

Comment

Don't worry if you post in the wrong place, we can soon move the thread.

We're very easy going - just ask away!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there and a massive welcome to AAD! Good idea to have a look round first, then feel free to post away and we'll all do our very best to help you.

Comment

Comment

Hiya and welcome

Comment

Hi & welcome

Comment

Welcome Welcome

Comment

Bonjour genevieve, mon petite chaufleur (as your names sounds very french, I thought I'd give you a nice french intro!)

Anyhow enough of that....... welcome to our forum; any questions, please shout and we'll do our absolute best to assist.

diddly x
                    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Hi all and thanks for the welcomes

I've had a good look around and my problems seem a bit trivial compared to most and I don't want to waste people's time

but basically I got divorced last year, I'm still in family house which is up for sale and paying mortgage and all bills myself, my income covers my outgoings so I've just coasted along, in fact I'm ignoring stuff/not opening letters because it was a particularly bad time
                      I'm not saving though and have no extra for emergencies and I need a kick up the arse to sort things out
                      reason I started looking online for help was my credit cards, I've got 2 which were taken out when I was married with 0% rate, to pay off ex's debts but in my name, the rate has ended though and on one I'm paying approx £180 a month and about £160 of that is interest, I applied for another 0% card and was refused, my credit rating was bad because my ex had emptied our joint account taking it to overdraft limit then a lot of charges were put on which just kept adding up and up, as I set up a personal bank acc with same bank I asked them to freeze the joint acc and let me pay off a little every month, they refused and then out of blue months later, rang me and offered to freeze the acc and I could pay it off at £40 a month!! by which time another £300 odd pounds of charges had built up

so now I'm afraid to look for other credit cards as I don't know how that will affect my credit rating and I'm getting all worked up about getting another mortgage when house sells, not just wether I'll get one but the whole going out and doing it, even though house has been up for sale for 18 months I've not looked at mortgages

ex regularly gives me abuse because I'm still in house and is insisting he gets 50% when it sells even though I'm paying everything, friends are telling me to see a solicitor as I'm due a bigger share, all that just stresses me even more but I really really need to get my life back

this post has turned out way longer than I meant sorry, but if you think this is the right site to help with any of the above, point me to the right places to post each problem and I will

thanks
                      (going to bite bullet now and submit reply, it's been sitting here for 10 hours! I'm really bad at sharing my problems too)

Comment

Hi & welcome,

I'll quickly say i'm no expert on the finer points of your problems however I can refer you to people best suited to your problems (they will see this thread, or you can PM them)....

Ok, so I would speak to LooLoo regards to the house as this is similar to herself so she may be able to assist with that.

Regards to the cards, can you clarify - YOU took them in your name, to pay the exes debts? If so unfortunately not much you can do about that other than reclaim charges - which Di30 will be able to assist with.

If you want to question the validity of the cards, then loads can help - myself included.

Best of luck, we're a friendly place generally speaking so we won't judge and so long as you remain open minded we'll be sure to help you along the way....

Niddy :niddy
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

main thing I'd like to do is sort out my credit card
                          should I start a thread in the credit card area explaining my credit problems and asking which would be the best way to about it?

Comment

Yea just start a thread here--> Credit Cards - allaboutFORUMS

It can soon be moved if it needs to.

Hi & welcome from me too.

Comment

Working...
                            X