GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax underpayment letters due warns city accountants - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax underpayment letters due warns city accountants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax underpayment letters due warns city accountants

Tax underpayment letters due warns city accountants

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd October 2011 17:30.

Letters will be dropping onto around 1.2 million doormats over the next three months warning people they have underpaid their tax, with the average...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Tax underpayment letters due warns city accountants

Taxpayers will no longer have shock tax bills written off under new rules

Taxpayers may no longer be able to appeal against shock tax bills by claiming they had no reasonable way of knowing they were paying too little. HM Revenue & Customs is planning to rewrite the controversial rule that has let....Read more at AAD Blog pages: Tax underpayment letters due warns city accountants - allaboutFORUMS
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What a load of crap.

Blame everyone else for their own shortcomings - that's been the tax offices way for years now - "you tell us if it's wrong", cobblers to them!

Comment

its true, a few years back you could claim that you wont pay due to their mistakes, however not so anymore, they have a "reasonable excuse" policy, which is actually so vague, that they decide what it means. Its a joke really.

If you are self employed, with a good accountant, then the accountant will tell you the tax the owe. We always advise our clients, the tax thats due, and make sure that no matter what shit HMRC send them, always pay what we tell them, because were right, when HMRC are normally wrong lol.

We sort the mess out for them after if need be.

As for employed people, well, a simple tax code change sorts that mess out, i say simple, thats providing your not working and claiming a few private pensions, as HMRC havent got a clue what 1 office is doing compared to the other.

The office closures and mergers, has just made more problems, and existing ones worse im afraid.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X