GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will victims of the floods be forced to pay standing charges on energy bills - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will victims of the floods be forced to pay standing charges on energy bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will victims of the floods be forced to pay standing charges on energy bills

Will victims of the floods be forced to pay standing charges on energy bills

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 16th February 2014 08:40.

*even though they have to leave their home?* Daily standing charges usually cost around 27p per fuel which, although not much, can quickly add up...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Will victims of the floods be forced to pay standing charges on energy bills

If the supply has died outside the house, the utility should give compo. Getting it is the issue here. Although they know there are problems they do not seek to right them as a matter of civility and integrity.

When last year a local substation blew up we were 5 days over 10 without electricity. In order to claim from EDF, you have to report the fault and make the claim on a premium line. Of course after 30 mins waiting you lose the value of the claim in phone calls. We got nothing as over weeks they never answered their phones. I expect 5000 are employed to chase bills and 1 to answer complaints.

Comment

Re: Will victims of the floods be forced to pay standing charges on energy bills

A quick answer to the headline is - What do you think? They will kick and scream saying it was an act of god so unfortunately ..........

Comment

Working...
      X