GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS/NatWest promise: 'We will compensate for glitch' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS/NatWest promise: 'We will compensate for glitch'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS/NatWest promise: 'We will compensate for glitch'

RBS/NatWest promise: 'We will compensate for glitch'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd December 2013 13:29.

*The banks issued a grovelling apology for Monday's systems fiasco and invited customers to detail 'out of pocket experiences'* RBS executives...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: RBS/NatWest promise: 'We will compensate for glitch'

Can't say i am surprised its gone t1ts !
    I can say i am surprised about the compensation!
    Last edited by SA Gold; 3 December 2013, 15:06.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
      Can't say i am surprised its gone t1ts !
      I can say i am surprised about the compensation!
      Thats just weasel-ese

What they mean is that they will 'consider' any customers claims, and then will put them back in the position they were before the event.

Customers will have to prove 'inextremis' circumstances to have any chance of compensation, and, even then, RBS will drag their feet and take months (if not years) and no doubt force customers to go to the FOS thus extending the process even further.

We know this is standard tactics because of the high % of claims that the FOS finds against the banks.
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or we needed to take the computers down to erase certain stuff before we get investigated by these numerous enquiries and as we are tax payer owned the tax payer will pay any compensation.

Of course that would never happen would it?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          Thats just weasel-ese

What they mean is that they will 'consider' any customers claims, and then will put them back in the position they were before the event.

Customers will have to prove 'inextremis' circumstances to have any chance of compensation, and, even then, RBS will drag their feet and take months (if not years) and no doubt force customers to go to the FOS thus extending the process even further.

We know this is standard tactics because of the high % of claims that the FOS finds against the banks.
          Yes, that sounds more like it SnV! Perhaps RBS are talking about a deal at the golf club at this very moment!

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Or we needed to take the computers down to erase certain stuff before we get investigated by these numerous enquiries and as we are tax payer owned the tax payer will pay any compensation.

Of course that would never happen would it?
          Stranger things have happened Ken!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

You never know, they may wipe your debt as a good will gesture......

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              You never know, they may wipe your debt as a good will gesture......
              or even credit your account!

Comment

NatWest hit by further online banking problems

Customers of NatWest have faced difficulties logging on to online banking, less than a week after a major IT failure at the bank......Read more from AAD Blog pages HERE

Comment

Rumour has it that this is a DDOS attack on Natwests main website - it was down last night and also mid morning today....
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Rumour has it that this is a DDOS attack on Natwests main website - it was down last night and also mid morning today....
                    Yep, probably all running on Windows 2000 Server!

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                      Yep, probably all running on Windows 2000 Server!
                      Don't joke.......

Comment

Don't joke.......
                        who is joking SnV

Comment

was an Cyber Attack - the latest update - perhaps not been paid or they took longer to transfer their funds! http://news.sky.com/story/1178855/na...a-surge-attack
                          Last edited by 5corpio; 6 December 2013, 17:44.

Comment

Taxpayer-backed Royal Bank of Scotland and a leading rating agency are sued in a Dutch court over advice given to investors. £150 million - Read more HERE at AAD Blog pages

Was in Red, back in Black - Heading back to RED - i think they may as well scrap before i end up working to retirement age of 80 if we continue the bailing out of RBS

Comment

Working...
                            X