GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Block on cold calls not working, says Which? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Block on cold calls not working, says Which?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block on cold calls not working, says Which?

Block on cold calls not working, says Which?

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 13th October 2013 12:11.

Millions of people are signed up to a system designed to stop unsolicited sales and marketing calls, but some are still receiving up to 10 calls a...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Block on cold calls not working, says Which?

Too true, we get cold calls. I ask how they got our number as we have TPS!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, I get them as well, Cym, despite being signed up to TPS. Who are absolutely useless!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And then they start to argue with you over PPI!

Comment

According to the Trading Standards Ministry of Justice department when we visited them earlier on this year at Burton upon Trent regarding Claims Management Companies with their cold calling, they told us emphatically that at some point we .... being people have asked for marketing when we have completed forms say from the bank or other institutions. So they do not class receiving a cold call as a breach of their regulations. I of course totally disagree with their reasons for not clamping down on their authorised CMC's The only reasons I can come up with is that the MOJ charge a fee for CMC to join, they do not do any background checks and they also take a percentage of the sales that each CMC make. So that is why IMHO that they are keen to not cancel or suspend a CMC even when they are aware that they are cold calling. It is a total nonsense.
          My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Pain in the ass but technically unless you establish the caller THEN tell them to cease & desist you can't really do much

TPS was a waste of time in all fairness. It's flawed from start to end. It's dire. As is the legislation surrounding selling of personal details. You opt in with most things, unwillingly surprisingly enough.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Milly88 View Post
              According to the Trading Standards Ministry of Justice department when we visited them earlier on this year at Burton upon Trent regarding Claims Management Companies with their cold calling, they told us emphatically that at some point we .... being people have asked for marketing when we have completed forms say from the bank or other institutions. So they do not class receiving a cold call as a breach of their regulations. I of course totally disagree with their reasons for not clamping down on their authorised CMC's The only reasons I can come up with is that the MOJ charge a fee for CMC to join, they do not do any background checks and they also take a percentage of the sales that each CMC make. So that is why IMHO that they are keen to not cancel or suspend a CMC even when they are aware that they are cold calling. It is a total nonsense.
              Totally agree. Posted at the same time but I hinted about selling of personal details as being an auto-opt in. What a load of old horse crap.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                And then they start to argue with you over PPI!
                my approach works - when they call and start the ppi crap just go along with it and reverse the question back to the caller. They soon get fed up and hang up. I've also done the Amex black £600k card debt with over £100k of ppi paid in and acted daft then asked if they're near the Internet to check a site out. When they say yes and I say google allaboutDEBT - the phone goes dead!

I wonder why...!!

Comment

You are totally right of course and the system is totally crap. You just cannot believe how these civil servants make the rules to suit themselves.

On top of that when a CMC finally goes broke, the MOJ are more than happy to tell complainers that the can obtain a S75 refund from their credit card provider but they are not willing to help during the time they are earning money- so what's all that about?

If you cannot tell I have been fighting to get certain CMC's suspended or cancelled because they are ripping off people who have been suckered in with another government scheme with a licence to print money and get away with it.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Totally agree. Posted at the same time but I hinted about selling of personal details as being an auto-opt in. What a load of old horse crap.
                  My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Milly - yes I've followed your progress. Well done so far, keep going. We're happy to help raise awareness etc - just let us know if you need anything.

We we have a few contacts (OFT etc) but generally they treat it as a consumer complaint and offer few updates so you're left wondering. Sadly.

However as as I say if we started a thread of maybe all CMC's that have cold called any AADers then we can compile a complaint and get it sent off plus retain a database forum thread of the usual suspects / numbers / CEO details etc.

Could be be worth doing if you're up for it (being it IS your baby)...

Comment

Thanks, I am up for a challenge, can you create a CMC area where I can start this thread or suggest where it is best to post it please?

Milly - yes I've followed your progress. Well done so far, keep going. We're happy to help raise awareness etc - just let us know if you need anything.

We we have a few contacts (OFT etc) but generally they treat it as a consumer complaint and offer few updates so you're left wondering. Sadly.

However as as I say if we started a thread of maybe all CMC's that have cold called any AADers then we can compile a complaint and get it sent off plus retain a database forum thread of the usual suspects / numbers / CEO details etc.

Could be be worth doing if you're up for it (being it IS your baby)...

Comment

Will sort it in morning

Comment

Originally posted by Milly88 View Post
                          Thanks, I am up for a challenge, can you create a CMC area where I can start this thread or suggest where it is best to post it please?
                          Will sort it in morning
                          Hiya, ok new CMC section is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f....php?238-CMC-s

Comment

Will try and get some stuff posted over the weekend, thanks for making a section for me x
                            Hiya, ok new CMC section is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f....php?238-CMC-s

Comment

'Completely unacceptable': MPs slam BT's decision to charge for caller ID and tell all providers to offer service free

BT will opt-in millions into a new charge for the service next month

MPs question whether the service was ever really free in the first place
                              TalkTalk and Sky offer Caller ID for free - Virgin charges £2.25
                              BT customers will not have to pay if they sign up to a 12-month contract

Read more HERE at AAD Blog pages

Comment

Working...
                              X