GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hector Sants joins Barclays to improve its reputation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hector Sants joins Barclays to improve its reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hector Sants joins Barclays to improve its reputation

Hector Sants joins Barclays to improve its reputation

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 12th December 2012 18:36.

Hector Sants, the former chief executive of the Financial Services Authority, is joining Barclays bank. He has been given a new top job to improve...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Hector Sants joins Barclays to improve its reputation

Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Either it is reward for letting them get away with so much for so long or is actually Barclays actually deciding its time to move on from all the scandals and start being a proper bank again.

Depends how much he is allowed to operate freely to route out wrongdoing

Comment

Is that from the Beano or the Dandy?

seriously they need a good one, it has been bad there for 2 decades now.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hector sants has been a failure at the FSA because all this money laundering, libor fixing etc etc was under his watch at the FSA so I fail to see how he will be any improvement at barclays.

It would seem you only get on in the square mile if you have failed.

Comment

perhaps needing advice in how to run a bank again 'properly'
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            I must admit that was where I was coming from.

Old boys brigade and all that

Comment

give him a ring will you I am sure he will pay me how to run a bank and its departments? well might of!

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                I must admit that was where I was coming from.

Old boys brigade and all that
                Girl Guides more like?

Comment

Perhaps while their he may find all the wrongdoings he should have found and addressed while at the FSA.

Comment

Controversial: Hector Sants: Ex-FSA Chief Awarded Knighthood

Sir Hector Sants led the FSA when it was accused by MPs of being "asleep at the wheel" before the collapse of Northern Rock.....More on AAD Blog pages: Hector Sants joins Barclays to improve its reputation - allaboutFORUMS

Inline for £3 Million Pay Package from Barclays!

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      Hector sants has been a failure at the FSA because all this money laundering, libor fixing etc etc was under his watch at the FSA so I fail to see how he will be any improvement at barclays.

Were one at all cynical, one could very easily make the mistake of wondering if the new job at Barclays was hopeless Hector's reward for supervising the bank so very leniently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        Girl Guides more like?
                        Do modern girls actually need to be guided?

(I'd be delighted to give a masterclass to a lithesome wench. )

Comment

Working...
                        X