GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UK Bank Accused Of '£160bn Scheme With Iran' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Bank Accused Of '£160bn Scheme With Iran'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Bank Accused Of '£160bn Scheme With Iran'

UK Bank Accused Of '£160bn Scheme With Iran'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 6th August 2012 17:29.

*US officials accuse another UK bank of wrongdoing – this time the London-listed Standard Chartered is blamed for illegal deals.* The...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: UK Bank Accused Of '£160bn Scheme With Iran'

Standard Chartered agrees £217million settlement over Iran allegations

Standard Chartered has agreed to pay £217million to settle allegations from a US regulator that it laundered £160billion for Iranian clients. News of the deal emerged as the British bank prepared for an explosive showdown today with its accuser, the New York Department of Financial Services. This hearing has now been called off, meaning Standard has avoided another public dressing-down by the regulator’s combative chief superintendent Benjamin Lawsky......Read more Here: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...legations.html
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

RBS under investigation by US authorities

Royal Bank of Scotland is under investigation by US authorities for potential breaches of sanctions against Iran.....Read more at AAD Blog pages: UK Bank Accused Of '£160bn Scheme With Iran' - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

RBS may face sanctions inquiry after internal review

Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is understood to be facing investigations into whether it has broken economic sanctions against Iran. The bank would not comment, but confirmed that it had voluntarily given. ....Read more here at AAD Blog pages

Comment

It just makes one wonder the way Standard Charterd rolled over and made a settlement, if the US have found a new scam. Accuse UK Banks of wrong doing and rake in the cash. Now I'm no fan of the banks and I would even go so far as saying they probably have made dodgy transactions, but not to the degree that the US are claiming.

It's probably better to pay up than face a long drawn out legal case in the US courts. Seeing as RBS are Tax payer funded. Lets hope they stick it out and get all the details into the public domain. I don't remember the banks handling the Iran Contra money getting hauled over the coals. That money must have been in the system at some point.

Are all the American Banks squeaky clean? I doubt it.

Regards all, Handy
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Update:
            Standard Chartered hit by $300m in Iran fines

Standard Chartered will pay more than $300m (£187m) to settle charges it violated US sanctions on Iran, Burma, Libya and Sudan.
            The UK bank has been fined $100m by the Federal Reserve and the Department of Justice seized assets worth $227m, the regulators said. The Fed pointed to Standard Chartered's "unsafe and unsound practices". The bank already paid $340m to New York's Department of Financial Services (DFS) earlier this year. The DFS had accused it of hiding 60,000 transactions with Iran worth $250bn over nearly a decade. In total, the bank has paid about $670m over suspect payments.....Read more here: BBC News - Standard Chartered hit by $300m in Iran fines

Comment

Working...
            X