GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fury as Revenue & Customs tells taxpayers 'check your own code' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury as Revenue & Customs tells taxpayers 'check your own code'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury as Revenue & Customs tells taxpayers 'check your own code'

Fury as Revenue & Customs tells taxpayers 'check your own code'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 5th August 2012 08:31.

Revenue & Customs is facing a growing storm of protest over plans to force taxpayers to take responsibility for checking their tax code. ...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Fury as Revenue & Customs tells taxpayers 'check your own code'

Bit of a joke, if your self employed, with a state pension for example. hopefully you have a good accountant, who can make sure your on the right tax code.

But for someone in employment, they may not always know if their coding is correct.

I have to admit though, HMRC take longer and longer to issue tax coding notices, so anyone else other than them checking it would be a good thing.

It took them 5 months to notify me that a clients employees tax code was 810L this year. lucky for them i knew what i was doing and had already adjusted their coding. If i had waited for HMRC they would have had a massive tax rebate due because of other taxation.

Not bad i know, but what if it was the other way round? similar to P45's being issued late, if someone is given a standard tax code and then their employer gets their real tax code, they will find a massive tax adjustment resulting in the difference in tax coding.

One of my clients employees recently had over half her salary deducted as tax in one month due to her P45 being given late. Now esclate that to HMRC who are ment to notify employers of their employees tax code changes, and you can imagine, all hell breaks loose.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Every year my husband gets the wrong code and owes.. its getting silly

Comment

Might be wise to employe an accountant to work out the correct coding at the start of the year so you have no nasty shocks towards the end. May cost a little bit, but worth it compared to having to find tax u never knew u owed.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X