GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Polititions will never be honest ( lining own pockets again comes to mind) this deal is not yet legally binding as it must go to the EU council
    AFTER the votev,..... wonder if they will say no ?
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
      Oh dear, I must be showing my age 50s 60s 70s boring, I don't think so.
      shit I was there too and it was never boring,it was a few things but boring? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I said at the beginning of this thread that it shouldn't be a rerun of the Scottish referendum, many many people voted yes with the wrong information and what I would call "Braveheart mentality" (could I just point out that the film was a story with miniscule amounts of actual historical content) we need facts facts and more facts. The stay campaign seems to think that workers rights would disappear, why would that be? They are still law, why would that change?
      companies may well move some of their gateway operations into the eu if we weren't that gateway anymore, seems reasonable to me but it does not necessarily mean they would close their UK operation, if it was a sound business why would they?
      would we be able to close our borders? of course, I'm old enough to have travelled extensively in Europe before shengen, I've spent bloody years waiting to get through borders just to go on holiday, so yes borders can be closed and you can control who arrives and who doesn't. think America, they have border controls
      I even lived abroad for a year in the seventies, very different experience to what my children experienced in their gap years

I would like to know what the rock solid problems would be, not what someone imagines they would be, the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. shouldn't be that difficult really

Comment

I may have missed it, but I'm surprised that no one has relisted the arguments that were made when we initially voted to join the EU and the benefits to be gained. There could then be evidence to demonstrate how these benefits have helped this country and how they were watered down. There used to be complaints about Europe, however these have grown considerably since Labour ceded numerous powers or benefits.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Snp are saying if we leave Europe they should get another referendum. Complete tosh! They already voted to stay part of the UK with the chance of having more power. Your either British or your not. If Britain decides to leave EU then technically Scotland should as well. On another note was at a conference last night and someone made a good point. That the yes or no vote may well be an attempt to fool us in to Boris being the next pm. It's true in a way that David Cameron has really been set up to fail from the start. He would never have got the right agreement to make us all vote to stay and so he was doomed to fail. That along with already saying he won't stand as pm again and Boris coming forward to fight the out campaign. It's almost like they will do a Blair and brown move. One step down and the other take over with no real general election deciding who's pm.

Comment

Boris is a political animal and changes his opinion depending on the gain to be made!

Comment

It obvious that a Yes vote will increase Europe's power and authority. Regions and Districts replacing Nations. Divide and Conquer! Democracy will reduce as the centre of Power will be Brussels.
              Much more than we have now.
              Parliament's power will reduce and perhaps become the equivalent of an English assemble.
              The Monarchy replaced by a Republic.
              A No vote will increase Parliaments Powers, which will take back control over Borders, Laws, Policing, Social Services. The Pound will remain as will the Monarchy

Comment

i think your post Roger is exactly what I said about heart and head and why let a few hard facts getting in the way of a good story

Comment

Well the pro EU propaganda is already starting to unravel .

The " 80 out of the top 100 FTSE companies want to stay in " has already been denied by a lot of them , and at the moment there are just 30 odd left who agreed to that paper put out by a civil servant for Cameron .

And now it seems that the Dutch are under pressure from their electorate to also hold an " in - out " referendum

Thinking long term, my opinion is that there is now a greater than evens chance that something major will happen to EU/Euro within next 10 years. This could be political implosion, collapse of Euro, mass exit by some countries or whatever but it is likely that the EU in its present form won't exist in 10 years. If and when this happens there will be massive infighting between the countries as it breaks up and any unity will go out of the window.

Long way to go and many “In - out” debates to mull over before making a final decision where my cross in the box will go, but I must admit I’m leaning towards we rather leave now even though there will be some short and medium term pain. We could be sorted and strong by the time it really kicks off and the pain we go through will be a slight scratch compared with the chaos and destruction felt by the EU countries when that happens.

First movers advantage before all the extreme right and left wing parties start taking over - could be France, Spain, Italy or a smaller country that starts the slide.

Comment

I was watching the last leg the other night and they said you either leave now and it could be successful like when Robbie left take that or you could wait and it would be like when Geri haliwell left spice girls and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                      Well the pro EU propaganda is already starting to unravel .

The " 80 out of the top 100 FTSE companies want to stay in " has already been denied by a lot of them , and at the moment there are just 30 odd left who agreed to that paper put out by a civil servant for Cameron .

And now it seems that the Dutch are under pressure from their electorate to also hold an " in - out " referendum

Thinking long term, my opinion is that there is now a greater than evens chance that something major will happen to EU/Euro within next 10 years. This could be political implosion, collapse of Euro, mass exit by some countries or whatever but it is likely that the EU in its present form won't exist in 10 years. If and when this happens there will be massive infighting between the countries as it breaks up and any unity will go out of the window.

Long way to go and many “In - out” debates to mull over before making a final decision where my cross in the box will go, but I must admit I’m leaning towards we rather leave now even though there will be some short and medium term pain. We could be sorted and strong by the time it really kicks off and the pain we go through will be a slight scratch compared with the chaos and destruction felt by the EU countries when that happens.

First movers advantage before all the extreme right and left wing parties start taking over - could be France, Spain, Italy or a smaller country that starts the slide.
                      Yes so the renegotiation of terms is something others in Europe WANT
                      A Yes vote is NOT for the Europe of Now BUT a different Europe. Could open the door to a Dictator

Comment

Supposedly 1/3 business = in so 2/3 out ? mmmmm just realised not all countries pay in the same us 55m per day .
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9296564

this was posted on Facebook. I am not a UKIP supporter, just thought that it's funny the lengths people will go to!
                          Last edited by JLC; 24 February 2016, 15:56.

Comment

Just picking up on one point.

If voting "remain" (or whatever the campaign is called) means that we will become a republic, than I am definitely, unequivocally voting to stay. Am I the only one who resents that family lording it over us - people who have never had to compete to get where they are. Just there by virtue of being born into that family. I will concede that the Queen does work hard but as for the rest of them ......

Will now go and bury my head and wait for the fall-out ...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Just picking up on one point.

If voting "remain" (or whatever the campaign is called) means that we will become a republic, than I am definitely, unequivocally voting to stay. Am I the only one who resents that family lording it over us - people who have never had to compete to get where they are. Just there by virtue of being born into that family. I will concede that the Queen does work hard but as for the rest of them ......

Will now go and bury my head and wait for the fall-out ...
                              If you look at what Boris said it was Soverienty of Parliament! That's Crown in Parliament. Europe has a President!
                              With All of the talk of Immigrants, borders etc. etc. This President/Crown is being played down.
                              I myself am undecided. But a Yes does mean that the Crown will be below the European President. No means Crown!

Comment

Find out where your MP stands in the stay/leave debate ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35616946
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X