GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The 25 worst Internet passwords revealed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 25 worst Internet passwords revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 25 worst Internet passwords revealed

Research has found that some people are still using passwords that are easy to crack, with the worst one revealed to be '123456'.

The basic numerical sequence tops the list of 25 of the most commonly used passwords, displacing the previous first place, which was the fiendishly clever 'password'.

SplashData, who compiled the data, revealed the data compiled from files containing millions of stolen passwords posted online in 2013.

The list was influenced by a major security breach at software company Adobe in October, which affected tens of millions of users.

It resulted in a large number of personal details and passwords being posted online.

Morgan Slain, chief executive of SplashData, which makes password management applications, said: "Seeing passwords like 'adobe123' and 'photoshop' on this list offers a good reminder not to base your password on the name of the website or application you are accessing."

The most commonly used passwords of 2013:

1. 123456

2. password

3. 12345678

4. qwerty

5. abc123

6. 123456789

7. 111111

8. 1234567

9. iloveyou

10. adobe123

11. 123123

12. admin

13. 1234567890

14. letmein

15. photoshop

16. 1234

17. monkey

18. shadow

19. sunshine

20. 12345

21. password1

22. princess

23. azerty

24. trustno1

25. 000000

Read more here —> http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...aled-as-123456
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: The 25 worst Internet passwords revealed

I was setting up an E store for a lady last year and she didn't have a clue about setting up her paypal account for it so I offered to help.. her password was

knuckerfuckerwackersucker123

LMAO!!!

Made me laugh so much ... I told her to change it after I'd finished in case anyone had intercepted our emails but often wonder what the hell she could have followed that up with!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is sooo true, posted originally by Fred Bassett

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
        X