GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Man will avoid jail for disturbing a seagull’s nest - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man will avoid jail for disturbing a seagull’s nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man will avoid jail for disturbing a seagull’s nest

Man will avoid jail for disturbing a seagull’s nest and eggs if he gives money to children’s hospital

-------> http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-28955340.html
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Man will avoid jail for disturbing a seagull’s nest

why a childrens hospital and not the same charity that prosecuted?

When the RSPCA take action any funds gained always go to them.... not Gt Ormond Street!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That was a costly climb up the ladder!!

Comment

I wonder if it's still an offence moving a nest before the seagull's had laid their eggs........?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is from Ireland. Is it a similar offence here?

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            I wonder if it's still an offence moving a nest before the seagull's had laid their eggs........?
            http://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocator...31205&mode=prd

Are all birds and their nests protected?

All wild birds in England, Scotland and Wales are protected under the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 (and subsequent amendments). It is an offence, subject to certain exceptions – such as the control of some species for permitted reasons under licence – to intentionally take, damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird while that nest is in use or being built. It is also an offence to take or destroy an egg of any wild bird or to kill, injure or take them. Special protection is also provided for rarer birds listed in Schedule 1 of the Act (see box above), where it is an offence to intentionally or recklessly disturb a wild bird while it is building a nest or when it is in or near a nest with eggs or young; or disturb their dependent young.

Comment

I've just found this two....

Gulls and the Law

Gulls are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 – though licences are issued allowing landowners or occupiers to kill certain species or destroy their nests and eggs in order to:
              • Prevent serious damage to agriculture
              • Preserve public health or air safety
              • Conserve other wild birds
              But even in these circumstances, it is illegal to do anything that will cause suffering to gulls. Cornwall Council does not provide a service for this purpose; however, there are licensed Pest Control Companies who can offer assistance. Please do not try to solve the problem yourself. Not only can this be dangerous, it is also illegal without a licence. There are several companies who are able to offer advice on proofing and supply proofing products or a complete fixing service. A number of such companies are listed in the Pest and Vermin Control Section of the Yellow pages. Any arrangements you may make are strictly between the company and yourself.

http://www.truro.gov.uk/The-Council/SeagullControl.aspx

Comment

There are 3 variants of herring gull so it depends which of these are protected.

The RSPB: Herring gull

Comment

See thats where our laws are ridiculous.

So I buy a sandstone washed house that is cream, a bird builds a nest in my eve and I hosepipe it down - yet I am the one in the wrong?

However if I go and build a nest in my neighbours eve, they can evict me regardless of whether I have a bed or not (built) and likewise, if I painted graffiti over their walls I would be sued but it's fine for birds to ruin my sandstone render?

Yea, whatever
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    so it depends which of these are protected.
                    None if they try and move into my eve's....

Comment

That is the crux of it niddy they can be a pain in the ass

Comment

Working...
                      X