GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Never be out of work again ... EU - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never be out of work again ... EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never be out of work again ... EU

'Companies making redundancies must find staff new jobs', say European MPs

Read it here - Telegraph

Re: Never be out of work again ... EU

I assume "overhaul employment law"= remove workers rights and make it easier to sack people=increased profits and bigger dividends for the shareholders,bigger bonuses for directors

Comment

Joke, if you are made redundant because the employer simply can not afford you anymore, they certainly wont have money or time to retrain you for another job.

these MP's need to live in the real world yet again.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Big difference however when making people redundant just to increase efficiency and bigger profits as opposed making people redundant to save the company

Comment

So they will do as my ex-employers, -
          put in a wombat who knows nothing about you or your job, who will put you on their list. Then they will write an email asking you to look at the list of internal vacancies of which there are 4. 'Assist' you in revamping a CV. Then if you don't go to the interview (as you will be a 'preferred' candidate being redundant) which is 200 miles away, with no promise of assistance with fares or relocation, you have failed to take advantage of their facilities.
          After falling of that list you will be 'introduced' to an external agency.

Job done!

In Europe there are greater safeguards and in most countries greater help from both company and government to those made redundant. I cannot really see how so many businesses can make people redundant whilst recruiting new staff and contractors. In many cases they are merely exchanging the experienced more expensive staff with cheaper labour. This is also happening in public services, as in the case of teaching and nursing: they just call it outsourcing. The profit in this case goes to shareholders and the service declines, as those companies do not pay well at all.

Comment

A lot of people are made redundant simply because of number crunching, our local council had to get rid of 800 people because of gvt cuts, 90% were paid redundancy and then re-hired on different jobs or contracts.

Comment

A CEO has 3 years to make a difference - 1st year learning, 2nd year earning, 3rd year burning - then they are off. So if makes no difference if they decimate or burn the business before they go off to a competitor.

Comment

Thats the world we sadly live in

Personally where is Wolfy when you need him

POWER TO THE PEOPLE !

Now doesn't that date me!

All the youngsters going Eh?

Just found this smilie did Niddy put it there just for me?
                Last edited by jon1965; 22 January 2013, 15:26.

Comment

Working...
                X