GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Personal data blagging 'routine' says ICO. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal data blagging 'routine' says ICO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal data blagging 'routine' says ICO.

BBC News - Blagging goes beyond media firms - data watchdog

Routine hacking and blagging of personal data by financial services, debt collection and claims management companies is going untackled, the information commissioner has warned.
    "My great concern about section 55 isn't really very much to do with the press," he said.

"[There is] lots and lots of evidence of section 55 being breached on quite a routine basis, but it's really about financial services, about debt collection, about claims management companies and [about] some worrying interference with the course of justice, perhaps attempted jury nobbling or witness tampering."
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Personal data blagging 'routine' says ICO.

Rizzle,

Blimey this has been going on for years and many have made complaints about it so did not take long for the ICO to recognize and make a public statement.

It is a well known fact that certain solicitors will commit contempt in court I have seen it with my own eyes in my own case.

Sadly not many if any Judges will do anything about it

Comment

Working...
    X