GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mehim's UE Diary

Hi Mehim. Yes I think you're okay to ignore that letter. You can always send the SB letter if they start getting heavy.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi If,

all quiet here apart fro some annual statements. Seems some of the leeches now follow the law and have started sending the annual statement out.

First three debts are now SB, hopefully the rest will follow.

Many thanks
        ************************************************** ***********************
        OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
        TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post

Ooooh lucky you with three SB debts. When will the rest go SB?

I've got 23 debts which will start to go SB from June next year. It's going to be one hell of a party on here when they do.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi If,

all quiet here apart fro some annual statements. Seems some of the leeches now follow the law and have started sending the annual statement out.

Many thanks
            Here's to the rest being SB Mehim
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

This account should be statute barred and I had intended sending the relevant letter regarding this. However, they have a couple more and I decided to just ignore it rather than alert them to the others.

MBNA/Virgin credit card

17th May:
              ​Latest from Aktiv, Statement of your account with a £3752 gift voucher attached. I can use it if I pay the rest by 31st May.
              Had you considered asking them about the encashment value of their gift voucher?

Comment

AK I suggest if SB send the letter as they do get litigious, been there SAME LETTER.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  AK I suggest if SB send the letter as they do get litigious, been there SAME LETTER.
                  If it is time barred, then the obligation to repay the debt has been extinguished and they would surely lose were they to try to sue.

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Been a wee while since I have posted but there isn`t much happening.

My own MBNA/Virgin account has had several letters offering a discount voucher and a statement of account. All filed and ignored so far.

Other half`s MBNA has also had a few, latest one is threatening litigation, Not an LBA in my opinion

14th Feb:
                    Letter from PLetter offering up to £3193.74 discount voucherRA, "We are pleased that we have been able to talk to you about your account with us - thank you for that"LYING SCUM, we spoke to no-one
                    14th April:
                    Letter offering up to £3193.74 discount voucher. Filed
                    12th May:
                    2 letters, first is a statement of account.
                    Second tells me PRA group purchased the account from MBNA
                    (lol bottom of this letter tells me "On 5th November 2014 Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited changed its name to PRA Group (UK) Limited" Account is being managed by their Investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible Litigation recovery.

They have given 14 days to respond. Was thinking I might pop of a CCA request

Any pointers gratefully received.

Guys their is light at the end of the tunnel, since I was directed to this site, Niddy and the team have helped me to get 3 debts to SB and 2 others to the company admitting EN

Everyone is in very safe hands here.

Many, many thanks.
                    OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
                    TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

What a lovely thing to say and yes our team are the tops xxx good luck
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Other half`s MBNA has also had a few, latest one is threatening litigation, Not an LBA in my opinion

12th May:
                        2 letters, first is a statement of account.
                        Second tells me PRA group purchased the account from MBNA
                        (lol bottom of this letter tells me "On 5th November 2014 Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited changed its name to PRA Group (UK) Limited" Account is being managed by their Investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible Litigation recovery.

They have given 14 days to respond. Was thinking I might pop of a CCA request
                        Definitely send a CCA request asap. PRA are very litigious.

Their letter is dated 12th May seeking a response within 14 days which is 26th May (i.e. Tuesday).

Can you email me a copy of that letter to check whether it is a Letter Before Action. I hope not but better safe than sorry. Use planB@all-about-debt.co.uk

Do you have time to get a CCA request in the post today?

Plan B x

EDIT see my post below since this debt may now be SB

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        Can you just clarify, is this the MBNA £15k debt in your post # 2 where your last payment was October 2009? Unless I'm mistaken this debt should be SB by now since you live in Scotland.

If not can you post brief outline of the history - a couple of sentences should be enough to give us a snapshot of things.

Plan B x

Comment

I agree with Nanna, thank you for your kind words Mehim

Best wishes
                          IF
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Can you just clarify, is this the MBNA £15k debt in your post # 2 where your last payment was October 2009? Unless I'm mistaken this debt should be SB by now since you live in Scotland.

If not can you post brief outline of the history - a couple of sentences should be enough to give us a snapshot of things.

Plan B x

Comment

Mehim I've only just noticed from reading your profile page that you live in Scotland.

If your last payments were made in October 2009 wouldn't that make all your debts statute barred by now

If so then it may make sense to send the SB letter in response to any future letters you receive. We need to double check this with you first though.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Plan B, that MBNA one is my other half`s, it is on page 13 of my diary. My first 3 are SB.

Just saw the messages now, been out all day.

I will scan the letter and send it to you.

Many thanks
                                OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Working...
                                X