GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mehim's UE Diary

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
    Hi Niddy & Deepie,

yes I am in Scotland and checked the dates, last payment was 9th September 2009 (opps was the 15th September 2009)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy, tried the link again and for some reason it has now worked for me.

Many thanks
      Bless thank you very much
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        I agree. Send that & see what they respond with
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Many thanks, I will send it to them in time for xmas, save me sending them a card too. Cheers
          Last edited by Mehim; 28 November 2014, 12:05.
          ************************************************** ***********************
          OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
          TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Afternoon Friends,

just a quickie regarding home ownership.

Which is the best position to be in, a house in spouses name soley, or a house in both names. I`m in Scotland.

Really just wanting to find out what would be the best regarding owning property in Scotland.

Many thanks.
            OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
            TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Hi Folks,

can anyone answer my previous post please. Many thanks
              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

It's not as easy as that to answer

It'd depend on debt / current situation etc - so really ask yourself, if you get a home / mortgage in one name what implications will it have compared to having it in joint names...

planB is good with this sort of thing as would a Scottish homeowner such as MrsD....

In my life, my mrs has the mortgage 100% in her name. I get credit 100% in my name. Thus a bank can CCJ me all day long - Bovvered?

Comment

Hi Mehim

is it a new purchase? if it is a new purchase, you'll need to put it in the same names as the mortgage, so if you got the mortgage, your name needs to go on the house, if it's joint and so on.
                  if there is no mortgage involved, you can put it in whatever name you like, following the Niddy model if you like.
                  however, I would think carefully about asking one of you to give up rights to the property, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your relationship but you need to be realistic in life although Scottish law does give you a bit of protection but not as much if you were both on the deeds. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/resource/...18/0027450.pdf

Comment

Many thanks for the replies.

Picture is that it was in both names but was put into hers when I got into bother with the debts.

She also has a debt now and I just wondered if it was best back in both names just incase. She also owns another property in her name and the same would apply, is it safer having it in both names or leave it in hers.

From reading some other diaries, i`m inclined to believe it would be better in both, not that any of the debt chasers have contemplated court so far.

Thank you
                    OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

MBNA/Virgin Credit card

17th May:
                      ​Latest from Aktiv, Statement of your account with a £3752 gift voucher attached. I can use it if I pay the rest by 31st May.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 15th September 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received.

17th Nov:
                      Letter fromPRA Group informing me that Aktiv have changed names (must be hiding money from someone somewhere). Also offering some discount, upto £3,752.37 depending on circumstances.
                      11th Dec:
                      Another letter from PRA Group again offering £3752.37 discount voucher. Will get the Statute barred Scotland letter off to them for xmas.

Morning Fellow Fighters,

Another letter from PRA Group, going to send them their xmas card.

Many thanks for all the help given by the site team and Niddy.
                      OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

your partner needs to watch what's she's doing with two houses, it could affect her tax position if she sells the second one. But in this case, I would pop your name back on the deeds, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Hi Mrs D,

other house has our daughter as a kinda tenant, basically she pays the mortgage interest on it. It was her parents house and she ended up with it when they both passed away. The mortgage company knows it was a buy to let. Wife bought out her sister from the house.

I had kinda assumed it was better both names on the main house. Will get that sorted asap.

Many thanks
                          OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Mehim OH Card

22nd Mar:
                            Letter from Aktiv re my letter 17th march 2010 ?? Please find enclosed a true copy of the executed agreement, statements of account and NOD as requested.

Will email agreement to Niddy.
                            18th Apr:
                            ​Another letterfrom Aktiv refering to their letter dated 20th march, seems they aren`t happy at not getting a reply.
                            13th Dec:
                            Letter advising change of name from Aktiv to PRA Group

Morning Folks,

just a letter from ther old Aktiv informing us of the name change to PRA Group.

Filed, I don`t think I need to do anything regarding this.

Many thanks
                            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

just a letter from ther old Aktiv informing us of the name change to PRA Group.

Filed, I don`t think I need to do anything regarding this.

Many thanks
                              Yea just ignore that

Comment

Morning Folks,

I hope everyone had a good time over the festive period and managed to forget all the worries.

Got another letter from PRA Group offering the same discount. This account should be statute barred and I had intended sending the relevant letter regarding this. However, they have a couple more and I decided to just ignore it rather than alert them to the others.

Please correct me if this was wrong.

Many thanks.

MBNA/Virgin credit card

17th May:
                                ​Latest from Aktiv, Statement of your account with a £3752 gift voucher attached. I can use it if I pay the rest by 31st May.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 15th September 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received.

17th Nov:
                                Letter fromPRA Group informing me that Aktiv have changed names (must be hiding money from someone somewhere). Also offering some discount, upto £3,752.37 depending on circumstances.
                                11th Dec:
                                Another letter from PRA Group again offering £3752.37 discount voucher. Will get the Statute barred Scotland letter off to them for xmas.

14th Jan:
                                Another letter fromPRA Group with the same discount offer if paid by 31st Jan 2015
                                OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Working...
                                X