GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mehim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mehim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mehim's UE Diary

I have my fingers crossed too Mehim
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
        MBNA Credit Card

start : Sept 2004 Correction Sept 1994
        bal : £15,000 Now £15,193
        last full : Sept 2009
        present : not paying
        status : default. Copy of original Application. Unenforceable

dca : Experto Credite, Claim Management Consultants, Aktiv but Experto managing it for them.

Feb 25th
        I contacted a Claims Management Company
        Mar 15th
        I agreed to sign up for 3 cards
        Mar
        Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from MBNA, to pass all correspondence from MBNA to them ASAP
        May 26th
        Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from MBNA. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as MBNA had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.
        Loads of calls from MBNA which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
        Aug 26th
        Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to MBNA asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action
        Oct 1st
        Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from MBNA and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying

Loads of call which I was happy dealing with.
        Jan 15th
        Threatogram from MBNA CCJ, Sheriff Court etc
        Feb 4th
        Nice letter offering help
        March 8th
        Threatened default if I didn`t pay
        April 8th
        Letter informing me that this would soon be written off as a bad debt and a default registered against me.
        April 15th
        Another letter (it is not too late to stop this happening). Threatened default and recovery action. Also calls offering discount.
        May 7th
        Letter informing me a default will register for 6 years. Also offering to consider settling the account at a lower amount. Letter was also confirmation of an impending default and contact from third party if I didn`t accept one of the aforementioned options.
        June 4th
        Default notice sent on the 4th, remedy date 22nd. On or after this date account will be terminated (Account actually sold to Experto 16th June). Got this from uncompleted SAR response from MBNA at a later date.
        June 30th
        Experto Credite appeared 30th June with a letter saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd were now the legal owners. Asked me to call them.
        July 15th
        Experto offered to negotiate a favourable discounted settlement figure.
        Sept 16th
        Home Owner Notification

Jan 21st
        HL Legal for experto 7 days to pay or else.
        March 29th
        Panic Stations Letter from accountancy firm informing me that the CMC dealing with this for me had gone down the tubes.
        March 30th
        Letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
        April 13th
        Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity, they could not advise me to go to court.
        April 20th
        Letter from me to CMC, that went bust, returned, no longer there.
        April 15th
        HL Legal telling me they had instructions to issue proceeding at County Court.
        April 28th
        Experto threatogram re doorstep visit. I wrote to them advising what the CMC solicitor had said regarding winning in court.
        May 5th: Experto wrote saying they would check with MBNA regarding my dispute.
        May 10th
        Took stock, decided after reading all the bumph from MBNA and friends that if they were so sure of their facts, they would have taken action 2 years ago. Decided to fight on.
        July 5th
        Experto wrote saying MBNA confirms that there is no dispute.
        Aug 18th
        Sent SAR to MBNA asking for original agreement, statements and a lot more.
        Aug 23rd
        Letter from MBNA saying they were unable to locate the account, asked me for DOB etc.
        Aug 30th
        I replied giving some information to MBNA, also asked why they didn`t know who I was as all their mail came to the same address.
        Aug 25th
        Experto wrote regarding the SAR I sent MBNA informing me that they, Experto did not have the original agreement.
        Aug 26th
        Another threatened doorstep visit.
        Aug 31st
        Letter to Experto re unavailable data.
        Sep 8th
        I must have mentioned a notice of assignment (never received).
        Got one from Experto on MBNA headed paper undated. and a letter on Experto headed paper undated saying they now owned the account.
        Sept 27th
        Uncompleted SAR sent from Experto.
        Oct 14th
        Credit Management Consultants wrote saying the account had been escalated to them. Threatened doorstep visit.
        Oct 23rd
        I wrote to Credit Management telling them the account was in dispute.
        Oct 25th
        Uncompleted SAR received from MBNA.
        I wrote informing them there was no signed copy of an agreement only a signed application form. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers (2007) at them.
        Nov 2nd
        Disk with all calls to and from Experto.
        Nov 2nd
        Letter to CMC Account in dispute.
        Nov 2nd
        Sent letter to MBNA re no CCA, telling them the account was in dispute still.
        Nov 9th
        Experto replied to the above letter, Asking for my proposals re payment.
        Nov 16th
        Replied to Experto informing them still no original CCA.
        Nov 18th
        Another letter from Experto apologising for their numpties telling me the agreement
        (which they don`t have) was enforceable when only a court could decide this.
        Nov 30th
        More threats from my new friend Credit Management Consultants. re Bailiff`s warrant, Attachment of earnings, Charging Order.

Jan
        Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were.They mentioned a letter sent in December which I never got. They said they would now send it recorded delivery, I am still waiting.
        Jan 31st
        Further letter to MBNA re SAR.
        Feb
        Still no further response from MBNA, I warned them I will be making a complaint to all the relevant authorities..

That is it to date.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
        CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me

Feb 24th
        No response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.
        Niddy says

March 28th:
        Letter from Experto with a CCA, same one MBNA sent in the SAR I asked them for.
        I didn`t send a CCA request to Experto, that went to MBNA as the OC. I also corrected the issue date of the card.

EMAILING NIDDY

Niddy says still

March 30th:
        Telephone harassment letter sent to CMC.
        April 7th:
        Letter from Experto apologising for any distress and inconvenience caused.
        April 20th:
        Letter received from MBNA re cca and account statements. Telling me to contact Experto for the CCA and statements are £4.00 per copy, they enclosed a list of all transaction. Please call if you require copies of the statements.
        May 10th:
        Statement of Account from Experto.
        June 23rd:
        Letter from Credit Management Consultants offering 50% reduction if I agree an instalment plan and make the first payment this month
        July 13th:
        Letter from Credit Management Consultants.
        "We have HUGE sporting events lined up this summer, we have decided to offer you HUGE discounts to match these exciting events." Then goes on to offer 5%, 10%, 30%, 40%, and 50% all available only in July.
        July 27th:
        Letter from Credit Management Consultants, Final Demand in red scary letters (I`m shaking).They are aware I`m resident at the address, thats good cause they normally write to it. If I don`t arrange to pay they will refer for a doorstep cpllection, refer to their legal partner to progress via litigation. Call now to pay by debit or credit card.
        July 28th:
        Sent all three letters to CMC (Doorstep collection, account in dispute and threatening action.)
        5th August:
        Sent another request for all the statements missing from my SAR
        9th August:
        Another reply re the incomplete SAR. Say they responded to it but they did not send the statements which I asked for in the SAR. tell me to contact Experto who purchased the account for information regarding their response (MBNA) to my section 78 requests. They still want me to pay £4 per copy statement. Want me to call if i still want the statements.
        25th August:
        Reply from Experto regarding the letters I sent to Credit Management Consultants. Usual crap re the shit they sent complies with s78, I get the feeling they are trying to reset the clock with this one.
        30th August:
        Another letter from Experto. Final Demand
        ffs from their investigations they know I am a resident at the above address, (no chit Sherlock) They want my doorstep again lol they may refer this account to their legal partner to progress via litigation.
        31st August:
        Both the Scottish doorstep and threat to commence litigation template letters sent back to Experto.
        5th Oct:
        Letter from Scott+Co from Edinburgh. Unless I settle within ten days, we may be instructed by our client to commence court action. Should a decree be awarded any expenses awarded will be added.
        9th Oct:
        Account sold in dispute template sent to Scott+Co
        11th Oct:
        Letter from Experto, This Arrears Notice is served in accordance with Section 86(c) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
        18th Oct:
        Letter from Scott+Co in reply to sold in dispute template.
        "In view of the contents we have referred this matter to our client and will contact you again once we are in receipt of their advice"

13th Feb:
        Letter from Scott+Co, We write in connection with the above stated account and recent correspondence.

"As requested,
        We enclose herewith copy signed Credit Agreement with Terms and Conditions for your perusal.
        We trust this clarifies matters and look forward to receiving settlement proposals.
        Please remit direct to ourselves quoting ref no xxxxx"
        16th Feb:
        Letter to Scott re application form received.
        23rd Feb:
        Letter from Scott+co, thanking me for my letter the contents of which are duly noted.
        They have referred this matter to their clients and will contact me again once they get some more crap from them.
        25th March:
        Letter from Scott+co, Our client informs us that they have satisfied their obligation under s78 of the CCA Act 1974.
        29th March:
        Letter to Scott+co referring to the App form received.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 1st October 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received.
        Hello Folks,

time does fly and as I`m in Scotland, time flies a wee bit faster.

Many, many thanks for all the help received to reach this milestone on this alleged debt.
        Last edited by Mehim; 18 October 2014, 13:29.
        ************************************************** ***********************
        OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
        TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

MBNA/Virgin Credit Card

start : Aug 2004
          bal : £5700

dca : Experto Credite, Claim Management Consultants Now Aktiv Kapital

Feb 25th
          I contacted a Claims Management Company.
          Mar 15th
          I agreed to sign up for 3 cards.
          Mar
          Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from MBNA, to pass all correspondence from MBNA to them ASAP
          May 26th
          Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from MBNA. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as MBNA had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.
          Aug 26th
          Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to MBNA asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action.
          Oct 1st
          Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from MBNA and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying.

Jan 11th
          Threatened Default Notification.
          Feb 2nd
          Threatogram from MBNA CCJ, Sheriff Court etc.
          Feb 4th
          Nice letter offering help.
          March 8th
          Threatened default if I didn`t pay.
          April 3rd
          Notice of sum in arrears.
          April 8th
          Letter informing me that this would soon be written off as a bad debt and a default registered against me.
          April 15th
          Another letter (it is not too late to stop this happening). Threatened default and recovery action. Also calls offering discount.
          June 4th
          Default notice sent on the 4th, remedy date 22nd. On or after this date account will be terminated (Account actually sold to Experto 16th June). Got this from uncompleted SAR response from MBNA at a later date.
          June 30th
          Experto Credite appeared 30th June with a letter saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd were now the legal owners. Asked me to call them.
          July 15th
          Aug 18th
          Letter from Experto. We want your money.

Jan 21st
          March 29th
          Panic Stations Letter from accountancy firm informing me that the CMC dealing with this for me had gone down the tubes.
          March 30th
          letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
          April 13th
          Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity , they could not advise me to go to court.
          April 15th
          April 20th
          letter from me to CMC acting for me, returned, no longer there.
          April 25th:
          Experto threatogram re doorstep visit.
          I wrote to them advising what the CMC solicitor had said regarding winning in court.
          May 5th
          Experto wrote saying they would check with MBNA regarding my dispute.
          May 10th
          Took stock, decided after reading all the bumph from MBNA and friends that if they were so sure of their facts, they would have taken action 2 years ago. Decided to fight on.
          July 5th
          Aug 18th:
          Aug 23rd
          Letter from MBNA saying they were unable to locate the account, asked me for DOB etc.
          Aug 30th
          I replied giving some information to MBNA, also asked why they didn`t know who I was as all their mail came to the same address.
          Aug 25th
          Experto wrote regarding the SAR I sent MBNA informing me that they, Experto did not have the original agreement.
          Aug 26th
          Aug 31st:
          Sep 8th
          Got one from Experto on MBNA headed paper undated.an a letter on Experto headed paper undated saying they now owned the account.
          Sept 27th
          Letter from Experto saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd own the account.
          Sept 27th
          Oct 14th
          Credit Management Consultants wrote saying the account had been escalated to them. Threatened doorstep visit.
          Oct 23rd
          Oct 25th
          I wrote informing them there was no signed copy of an agreement only a signed application form. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers (2007) at them.

Nov 2nd
          Nov 2nd
          Nov 2nd
          Letter to MBNA re missing items from SAR
          Nov 9th
          Nov 16th
          Nov 18th
          another letter from Experto apologising for their numpties telling me the agreement
          Nov 30th
          More threats from my new friend Credit Management Consultants. re Bailiff`s warrant, Attachment of earnings, Charging Order.

Jan:
          Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were. They mentioned a letter sent in December which I never got. They said they would now send it recorded delivery, I am still waiting.
          Jan 31st
          Further letter to MBNA re SAR
          Feb
          Still no further response from MBNA, I warned them I will be making a complaint to all the relevant authorities.

That is it to date.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
          CCA Request sent, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me
          Feb 24th

Niddy says

March 12th:
          Letter from Akitiv Kapital. They have bought the account from Experto. I can clear the balance by paying with a card etc. lol
          March 13th:
          Letter sent to Aktiv, Account sold while in dispute.
          March 20th:
          Letter from Aktiv, account on hold till they get the information from the OC
          April 5th:
          Letter from Aktiv enclosing a copy of an application form and other pages.

Same copy that was received from MBNA and Experto, both included in partial SAR information. MBNA are still ignoring my CCA request sent February 10th this year.
          April 6th:
          Letter from Aktiv.
          "Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Zug Branch Limited purchased the account from Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd.
          We are Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited and on behalf of the above we have requested Experto Credite to continue contacting you."

They also say I can clear the balance by several methods, one being by card payment.
          I assume I just ignore this crap as well.
          April 20th:
          Letter received from MBNA re cca and account statements. Telling me to contact Experto for the CCA and statements are £4.00 per copy, they enclosed a list of all transaction. Please call if you require copies of the statements.
          April 26th:
          Letter from Aktiv. They contacted Experto for copy statements!! I SAR`ed MBNA last August and never got the statements. Aktiv have sent statements fromJune 2009 to June 2010,
          I think this may be the period of time that Experto have had this account. They go on to say,
          They look forward to receiving my proposals for payment within 14 days. Should they receive no response, the account will be passed to their collections division for further action.
          3rd August:
          9th August:
          Another reply re the incomplete SAR. Say they responded to it but they did not send the statements which I asked for in the SAR. tell me to contact Experto who purchased the account for information regarding their response (MBNA) to my section 78 requests. They still want me to pay £4 per copy statement. Want me to call if i still want the statements.

17th July:
          Letter from Aktiv with a £3700 gift voucher. llf
          16th Sept:
          Letter from Aktiv with another £3700+ gift voucher
          11th Oct:
          Letter from Aktiv with another gift voucher for £3750+

17th May:
          ​Latest from Aktiv, Statement of your account with a £3752 gift voucher attached. I can use it if I pay the rest by 31st May.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 15th September 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

Happy days and many, many thanks to Niddy and his team here for all the help and advice I have received.
          Same applies to this one. SB as well
          OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
          TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

CITI Credit Card

start : Nov 2005
            bal : £7,000 Now £7900+

dca : OPUS Now Cabot

Feb 25th
            Mar 15th
            Mar
            Letter from CMC advising me claim was going ahead and not to sign anything from CITI, to pass all correspondence from CITI to them ASAP
            May 26th
            Letter from CMC saying nothing had been received from CITI. They wrote telling them it was unenforceable as CITI had not complied within the time limit. Told me I could stop paying but would get loads of hassle. I kept paying meantime.
            Loads of calls from CITI which I stonewalled referring them to the CMC
            Aug 26th
            Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to CITI asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action.
            Oct 1st
            Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from CITI and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying

Jan 23rd
            Letter asking for payment.
            Jan 29th
            Letter informing me that the complaint was dealt with, also a copy letter sent to the CMC informing them why the case was closed.
            Feb 3rd
            Letter for payment and informing me that service fees were being added.
            Feb 23rd
            Letter asking for payment within 7 days.
            March 23rd
            Letter Pending Default.
            April 9th
            Letter informing me of account transferring to CC Asset Management Ltd (CCAM)CITI would service the account until the transfer takes place.
            May 5th
            Letter from CITI defaulting the account dated 5th, remedy date 28th
            May 27th
            Cabot welcoming letter, informing me that they have bought my account that I held with OPUS Credit Card??
            June 4th
            CITI Terminated the agreement.
            June 25th
            Collect Direct demanding payment within 4 days on behalf of CITI
            June 30th
            Cabot asking for information regarding my query (think I answered the phone to them).
            July 2nd
            Personal Rep letter from Collect Direct, 5 days to pay.
            July 15th
            Collect Direct saying they are not going to enter into protracted correspondence with me, I should contact them and that CITI is prepared to offer a substantial discount to settle this account.
            July 28th
            HL Legal acting on behalf of Collect Direct who are acting on behalf of CITI give me 7 days to pay or they recommend to their client court action.

March 29th
            March 30th
            Letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
            April 13th
            Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity, they could not advise me to go to court.
            April 20th
            Letter from me to CMC, that went bust, returned, no longer there.
            May 10th
            Aug 18th
            Sent SAR to CITI
            Aug 24th
            Letter from CITI they dont know who I am.
            Aug 30th
            Sent them name and DOB
            Sept 20th
            Letter from Cabot, telling me they acquired the original Credit Agreement from OPUS Credit Card. Included was a copy of an OPUS credit card agreement with a card number I had never seen before.
            Sept 23rd
            Letter from OPUS thanking me for my SAR?? Also included was a copy letter dated 10th August from them informing me that I could not send a SAR to CITI
            Oct 3rd
            Letter from Cabot putting the account on hold for 14 days.
            Oct 17th
            Sent Cabot a letter regarding the ones I had received from them, informed them I had never had an account with OPUS, never sent them a SAR
            Oct 17th
            Sent letter to OPUS pointing out the early dated one, informing them I would be taking no instructions from them on who I could send a SAR to. Also pointed out that this account was in dispute.
            Oct 19th
            Letter from Cabot saying they believe the information sent resolves the dispute, account on hold a further 14 days.
            Oct 21st
            Letter from OPUS regarding my complaint.
            Oct 23rd
            Letter sent to Cabot warning them that I may initiate legal action if they choose to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement.
            Oct 24th
            Letter from Cabot confirming that they bought the account may 13th and any dispute is with them. Also included another copy of the OPUS agreement.
            Oct26th:
            Letter from OPUS saying they bought the account from CITI in March
            Oct 31st
            Letter from Cabot saying they have contacted Bank of Scotland (OPUS) for a copy of the agreement
            Nov 2nd
            Sent letter to data controller at CITI regarding no reply to my SAR
            Nov 8th
            Letter from Cabot apologising for delay in replying as original lender (CITI, OPUS, Bank of Scotland??? take your pick)was having a delay in retrieving the info.
            OPUS called and asked me to verbally request a SAR from them which I did.
            Nov 29th
            Uncomplete SAR received from OPUS which included a recon OPUS agreement. It also had this in the letter,

"I hope the information that I have provided you will assist you and be beneficial with your current dispute with CITI."

Card number different from the CITI number. Also a recon copy agreement from CITI
            Dec 1st
            Letter from Cabot apologising for the delay in getting the requested information. "We shall continue to request the information from the original lender."
            Dec 13th
            More SAR information from OPUS.Statements from Feb 2006. Amazingly, Citi stopped sending statements may 2010, OPUS show them for Oct/Nov 2010 from CITI and then shows statements from OPUS from Jan 2011 to Nov 2011 none of which show penalty interest and none off which I have ever seen before. None of the statements have been sent to me since May 2010

Jan 17th
            Letter from Cabot with a recon agreement from OPUS with their card number I have never had. Also a sheet showing penalty interest being added monthly since may 2011. Also referring to my s78 request.
            Jan 31st
            Letter to CITI regarding my SAR giving them 14 days to send the information or I report them for non-compliance.
            Jan 31st
            Letter to Cabot pointing out it was their Data Controller who asked me to verbally request a SAR from them, it was not under s78. Asked them to kindly reply to my SAR to CITI which they now appeared to have. Gave them 14 days or reporting them for non-compliance.
            Jan 31st
            Letter to Data Controller at OPUS pointing out the information I had specifically asked for in the SAR to CITI which they also now seemed to have a copy off.Also about the miraculous statements which they had conjured up, asked for an explanation regarding these mysterious statements. Gave him 14 days to reply and informed him I would be complaining to all the relevant authorities regarding these matters.
            Feb 7th
            Letter from cabot asking for a tenner for a SAR. Just going to write back telling them to get stuffed that as they know the account is in dispute. Should I be sending CITI another dispute letter re the ignored SAR
            Feb 10th
            CCA Request sent to CITI, bit late but what the hell. They will be even more confused than me.
            Feb 11th
            Reply from OPUS re incomplete SAR. they have me confused now. Told me the reason I never got statements during part of 2010 was I had a zero balance lol. I stopped paying in 2009 hmmmmmm
            Feb 11th
            Letter to Cabot re information not being supplied by all concerned.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 11th
            Letter to Cabot telling them to get stuffed re another tenner for a SAR
            Feb 12th:
            Letter sent to Opus re UE from Templates.
            Feb16th
            Letter from Opus, They are unable to trace a copy of the signed application form and rabbiting on about their procedure has always been to obtain a signature before entering into an agreement. I never had a card with Opus, they bought an account from CITI.

EMAILING NIDDY

Niddy says

Feb 20th
            Email from Cabot,

"The Cabot Financial Group recently bought the account you held with Opus Credit Card and we`ve tried contact previously. It`s now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account.

If you don`t contact us to agree a suitable repayment plan we`ll have to move your account to the next stage of our collections process."
            Feb 21st
            Sent account in dispute letter to Cabot with a copy of the letter from OPUS.
            Feb 21st
            Reply from Cabot advising me that they sent a recon true copy of the agreement in January which for the avoidance of doubt complies with the Consumer Credit etc. Still asking for payment.

Feb 24th
            Incomplete response to my CCA request. Ignoring till they respond.
            Feb 28th:
            Another letter from Cabot. A Final Response. Letter at post #87
            Feb 29th
            Final response template letter sent to Cabot.
            March 15th:
            Letter from Cabot which included a copy of the letter at post #87. They again say that they wont be corresponding with me in relation to this matter. Oh dear it is now nearly £8000 they want from me.
            July 25th:
            Letter from CITI, lol, Further to their letter dated 24th August 2011 they are still unable to identify an account with the details furnished and ask again for my full name etc. They want another tenner as they returned my original one.
            July 28th:
            Replied with a copy of the 30th August letter along with proof of posting and their signature accepting the letter.
            16th Oct:
            Letter from CITI enclosing statements for the account they couldn`t find.

7th Feb:
            Letter from Cabot informing me that they recently bought the account that I held with Opus and we have tried to contact you??
            16th Feb:
            Letter to Cabot informing them the dispute is still ongoing.
            1st March:
            Letter from Cabot "Please call urgently and speak to one of their helpful customer advisors (SIC) regarding this account."
            5th May:
            Letter from Cabot offering 30% discount if I respond within 30 days from the day of the letter which is actually 26th April, yet received only today.
            25th June:
            Letter from Cabot telling me I owe money and they want a commitment to repay. If not they are going to move it to the next stage of their collection process.
            30th Aug:
            Letter from FIRE. NOTIFICATION OF INSTRUCTION TO COLLECT. due to my failure to pay this
            (alleged) debt, FIRE have been instructed by their client, CABOT FINANCIAL, to recover the full outstanding balance.
            2nd Sept:
            SWID off to Fire.
            12th Sept:
            Letter from fire in reply to my SWID, they are going to conduct a thorough investigation then come back asking me for cash lol
            4th Oct:
            Letter from Cabot referring to my SWID sent to FIRE. Upon reviewing their records they have addressed my concerns. With regard to my comments re CITI they want me to copy relevant documentation to them to enable them to investigate this further. This is their final response again lol.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 8th October 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

A the previous two alleged debts, this one should also be SB
            OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Good Afternoon All,

as can be seen from my last three posts, the wankers can be beaten with advice from Niddy and his team. I started the long journey before finding this safe haven, it cost me £500 for each of the three cards by using a CMC before I knew better.

I was led here in Feb 2012, after the CMC went bust and i decided to fight on against the leeches in the financial world.

Niddy and the team gave me the strength to carry on and now they banks have lost around another £30,000 which wont be available for their bonuses.

This is just another small success for The whole site and hopefully my story will help many others to fight back.

Wishing everyone the same successes that I have now had.

Many, many thanks.
              Last edited by Mehim; 18 October 2014, 17:16.
              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

That's great news well done; it's just a shame we don't all live in Scotland
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done from me too Mehim
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

No 4 Barclaycard Credit Card
                    start : Sept 2004 bal : £2,400 Now £2484
                    last full : 2012
                    present : Not paying
                    DCA : None, Mercers, Resolve Call, Calder, NCO, RMA, MKPD, MKRR, MKPD, MKRR, Raven Recoveries

March 29th:
                    BCard increased my interest rate. I closed the card and asked for a copy of the original agreement. Was told it would be sent.
                    March 29th:
                    Letter acknowledging that they had closed the accounts.
                    April:
                    Called them asking where the Agreement was that they were sending me.
                    May 6th:
                    Letter received with Barclaycard T&Cs
                    May 6th:
                    Same day as above. Letter with a recon Barclaycard agreement.
                    May 13th:
                    Letter sent account in dispute.
                    May 19th:
                    Letter received explaining why I was wrong regarding s78?
                    Dec 14th:
                    Letter sent telling them why they were wrong re timescales. Also sent a SAR
                    Dec 15th:
                    Letter from them stating they sent me a final response in May, acknowledged the SAR and pointed out the parts of s78 that had been repealed. Tried to intimidate me with "Carey"

Jan 11th:

Uncomplete SAR received.
                    Jan 16th:
                    Letter sent asking for the missing information, original signed agreement, statements etc. Threw Ezsias v Welsh Ministers and said I would be making a complaint if I didn`t get the information.
                    Jan 20th:
                    Letter from them "Further to your recent request for information under the Data Protection Act of 1998, please find enclosed a copy of your original application" This copy actually has a stamp top right and included in that is a different card number from the one I had.
                    Jan 25th:
                    Letter sent asking for the missing information again, informed them it is my final request for them to comply fully with my SAR or I`m complaining to everyone I can.
                    Feb 8th:
                    Account in dispute letter sent.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th:
                    Feb 24th:
                    Niddy says

Feb 26th:

Letter from B/card with a recon copy agreement.

EMAILING NIDDY
                    Niddy says STILL
                    March 1st:
                    Another set of t&cs from Barclaycard, cant be the original t&c as the default charge is £12.00
                    March 16th:
                    Letter letting me know I didn`t pay this one. I knew that. Also threatening ROSO, they will have a hard time unless they use one of the other Barclay cards to pay it.
                    March 21st:
                    Sent Telephone harassment letter.
                    March 29th:
                    Letter informing me they are dealing with my complaint.
                    April 27th:
                    Letter saying they are still looking into my complaint. They will get in touch by 27th May.
                    April 27th:
                    Letter about my complaint, apologising for all the calls and they have removed all present and previous numbers from their records.
                    May 25th:
                    Letter from Mercers, asking for payment. Niddy deemed this also a default notice.
                    June 12th:
                    Letter from Resolvecall, threatening a doorstep visit. They did visit when I was away. Fuckwit also called today, I told him this was in dispute with Barclaycard and if he or anyone else came to my door again, I was just calling the police.
                    June 12th:
                    Letter to Mercers, account in dispute.
                    June 15th:
                    Letter from Mercers re doorstep visit.
                    July 5th:
                    Sent Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment Follow-Up & Threat of Injunctive Relief.
                    July 24th:
                    Letter thanking me for contacting them complaining. Think it is in reply to my last one sent on the 5th.
                    9th August:
                    Letter from Calder Financial, As I have failed to contact Mercers,
                    (lol eejits I have the letter and proof of postage) They want paid within 7 days.
                    11th August: Doorstep letter to Calder along with a copy of the letter to Mercer`s 12th June. Told them to read it and not be telling porkies about me not contacting Mercer.
                    4th Oct:
                    Letter from Barclay. Formal demand for payment and notifying me that they intend to file a default at the credit reference agencies.
                    26th Oct:
                    Letter from Risk Management Alternatives (RMA), This account has been passed to them, usual crap, want to arrange a payment plan to avoid further action. May also instruct Scotcall to visit me.
                    31st Oct:
                    Letter from Barclay informing me this has been passed to RMA.
                    31st Oct:
                    Reply to RMA, account in dispute and Scottish doorstep letter.
                    17th November:
                    Letter from NCO? Looks like they are replying for RMA. "We are in receipt of your recent correspondence relating to the above reference. This matter is being investigated and a detailed response will be provided to you once the investigation is complete."
                    6th Dec:
                    Letter from NCO (RMA) Final response, going to resume collection activities. lol, if any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me using the details below.
                    10th Dec:
                    CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status posted off to NCO.
                    17th Dec: Letter to NCO (RMA) re numerous calls to my mobile despite them saying in their letter received on the 6th that they would only contact me in writing as requested.

5th March:
                    Letter informing me that this account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKPD LLP late February.
                    16th March:
                    Letter from MKRR Further to out recent communication regarding transfer of ownership, well that`s a lie to start with lol.
                    18th March:
                    Letter to MKRR, Account in Dispute, Telephone Harassment and doorstep threat.
                    29th march:
                    Another letter from MKRR. "Regardless of our attempts to contact you by telephone and letter we still have not received your offer of payment"
                    29th March:
                    Letter to them informing them I did write enclosing proof of postage and their signature for receiving it.
                    4th April:
                    Letter from MKRR re my letter of 18th I think? Thanking me for taking the time to write, nice, They are unable to resolve the query at this time and will liaise with the OC and get back to me no later than 8 weeks.
                    5th May:
                    Another letter from MKDP apologising for the delay in getting information to me. Very similar to the last one.
                    11th June:
                    Another letter from MKDP apologising for the delay.
                    18th July:
                    Another letter from MKPD again apologising for the delay.
                    22nd Aug:
                    26th Sept:
                    1st Nov:
                    Letter from MKDP enclosing a recon from Barclaycard. Dated 10th June 2013, (Which I never received)​ Was also a final response from MKDP
                    15th Nov:
                    Final Notice from MKRR, As you have not taken up their offer of help, no option but to refer to Keynes Collections for litigation consideration to resolve this on our behalf.
                    They may commence litigation blah blah.
                    20th Nov:
                    Threat to commence litigation letter sent.
                    7th Dec:
                    Letter from MKPD, Unable to resolve my query. going to conduct a full review and get back to me.

8th Jan:
                    Letter from MKDP "I write further to our letter of acknowledgement we sent regarding the above account. At this time we must apologise, as we are still unable to resolve your query.
                    22nd Jan:
                    Letter from MKDP, They refer me to their final response letter sent Oct 2013 and as their complaints procedure are exhausted, they are unable to enter into any further correspondence regarding this matter.
                    7th Feb:
                    Letter from Keynes Collections "Notice of Intended Legal Action" As you have failed to respond to previous correspondence or agree to a payment plan we have been instructed by MKDP LLP to collect the oustanding balance in accordance with your agreement. Lot more on it as well.
                    10th Feb:
                    Sent Letter before action letter to Keynes.
                    12th Feb:
                    Telephone harassment and in writing only letter sent to Keynes
                    22nd Feb
                    Latest from MKDP in reply to my letter to Keynes.
                    "I understand you have requested further documentation in regards to the Practise-Pre-Action Conduct. You have stated in your correspondence that MKDP LLP have failed to comply with your request under s77; therefore, the account is unenforceable.
                    I can confirm we have previously supplied you with Statements of Account and a Reconstituted Copy of your Credit Agreement. Your request for a copy of your credit agreement made under s77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Please find below an extract from para 2.17 of Guidance issued by the OFT on s77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
                    (Usual Bumph then re Carey). Accordingly, the creditor`s duty under s77 has been satisfied and you remain Liable for the above balances in full.
                    In regards to the further documentation you have required, I can confirm we have requested this from the original creditor and this will be forwarded to you upon receipt. Further to this, you have requested communications between ourselves and the creditor, I must advise we are not obliged to provide you with this documentation" Number to call if I require anything further.
                    26th Feb:
                    Letter from MKDP, Further to my request for further documents, they are unable to fulfil my request. Will get back to me once they receive them
                    27th Feb:
                    Letter from MKDP re mine regarding telephone harassment.They don`t consider all the call harassment but have removed my number and all communications will be in writing from now on.
                    5th Mar:
                    Letter from MKDP enclosing the notice of assignment from B/card dated 28th Feb 2013. Informing me further to my recent communication.
                    As verified in the enclosed Notice of Assignment, your account has been assigned to MKDP LLP to manage your account. MKDP LLP are now the legal owners of the account and therefore there is no liability towards Barclaycard. Once the account has been settled your credit file will be updated accordingly.
                    24th March:
                    Letter from raven recoveries wanting my money.
                    31st Mar:
                    Reminder off to Keynes Collections regarding the info asked for in reply to their LBA
                    31st march:
                    Letter to Raven SWID
                    3rd Apr:
                    Letter from MKDP, apologising but they are still trying to get info from B/card
                    18th April:
                    Letter from MKPD with a so called copy of the default notice received.
                    18th April:
                    Letter from MKPD enclosing a copy of their letter dated 20th March. Citing Carey, reconstituted agreement etc.
                    8th May:

​Letter from raven recoveries, wanting the full amount paid.
                    14th May:
                    ​Letter to raven, SWID again.
                    31st May:
                    Letter from MKDP in response to my SWID to Raven. hey refer to my letter dated 14th May and say a final response was issued on 19th january 2014 which informed me of the final response given in October 2013
                    11th June:
                    Letter from Raven, because I haven`t arranged full payment or accepted their wonderful offers of discounts they now have no option but to refer this to Keynes Collections.
                    16th June:
                    Letter to Raven Recoveries referring them to my SWID dated 26th May.
                    25th July:
                    Letter from Raven, Despite previous communication from us,because I haven`t arranged full payment or accepted their wonderful offers of discounts they now have no option but to refer this to Keynes Collections.
                    27th Nov:
                    Letter from MKDP, you haven`t agreed to pay up and we have undertaken investigations which have led us to believe you still live where you do. Please contact us asap and give us some money for the xmas party.
                    Morning Everyone, latest from MKDP and it refers to Account No 2 and 4 with this bunch of clowns.

They need some money to pay for the xmas bash but they aren`t getting it from me.

Was thinking about sending a one liner refering to the SWID that was sent to them in the dim past for each account.

Many, many thanks for the freely given aid in the battle against the lowlives of the financial world

TY
                    OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Yes, I would just send a one-liner as you suggest.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA/Virgin Credit Card

start : Aug 2004
                        bal : £5700

dca : Experto Credite, Claim Management Consultants Now Aktiv Kapital

Feb 25th
                        Mar 15th
                        Mar
                        May 26th
                        Aug 26th
                        Letter from solicitors acting on behalf of the CMC informing me that they would be writing to MBNA asking for the account to be cancelled, if not they would be raising a court action.
                        Oct 1st
                        Letter from CMC saying they had the paperwork from MBNA and the agreement was unenforceable. Again said I could stop paying it but I would get loads of hassle and they would default me. I stopped paying.

Jan 11th
                        Threatened Default Notification.
                        Feb 2nd
                        Threatogram from MBNA CCJ, Sheriff Court etc.
                        Feb 4th
                        Nice letter offering help.
                        March 8th
                        Threatened default if I didn`t pay.
                        April 3rd
                        Notice of sum in arrears.
                        April 8th
                        April 15th
                        June 4th
                        June 30th
                        July 15th
                        Aug 18th
                        Letter from Experto. We want your money.

Jan 21st
                        March 29th
                        March 30th
                        letter to Accountants asking for my money back was ignored. Solicitor had already advised me there was no money.
                        April 13th
                        Bigger panic Letter from solicitors acting for the CMC, basically saying as there was no longer an indemnity , they could not advise me to go to court.
                        April 15th
                        April 20th
                        letter from me to CMC acting for me, returned, no longer there.
                        April 25th:
                        Experto threatogram re doorstep visit.
                        I wrote to them advising what the CMC solicitor had said regarding winning in court.
                        May 5th
                        Experto wrote saying they would check with MBNA regarding my dispute.
                        May 10th
                        July 5th
                        Aug 18th:
                        Aug 23rd
                        Aug 30th
                        Aug 25th
                        Aug 26th
                        Aug 31st:
                        Sep 8th
                        Got one from Experto on MBNA headed paper undated.an a letter on Experto headed paper undated saying they now owned the account.
                        Sept 27th
                        Letter from Experto saying Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd own the account.
                        Sept 27th
                        Oct 14th
                        Oct 23rd
                        Oct 25th

Nov 2nd
                        Nov 2nd
                        Nov 2nd
                        Letter to MBNA re missing items from SAR
                        Nov 9th
                        Nov 16th
                        Nov 18th
                        another letter from Experto apologising for their numpties telling me the agreement
                        Nov 30th

Jan:
                        Experto called once and said in the convo that they didn`t know who Credit Management Consultants were. They mentioned a letter sent in December which I never got. They said they would now send it recorded delivery, I am still waiting.
                        Jan 31st
                        Further letter to MBNA re SAR
                        Feb
                        Still no further response from MBNA, I warned them I will be making a complaint to all the relevant authorities.

That is it to date.

EMAILING NIDDY

Feb 10th
                        Feb 24th

Niddy says

March 12th:
                        Letter from Akitiv Kapital. They have bought the account from Experto. I can clear the balance by paying with a card etc. lol
                        March 13th:
                        Letter sent to Aktiv, Account sold while in dispute.
                        March 20th:
                        Letter from Aktiv, account on hold till they get the information from the OC
                        April 5th:
                        Letter from Aktiv enclosing a copy of an application form and other pages.

Same copy that was received from MBNA and Experto, both included in partial SAR information. MBNA are still ignoring my CCA request sent February 10th this year.
                        April 6th:
                        Letter from Aktiv.
                        "Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Zug Branch Limited purchased the account from Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd.
                        We are Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited and on behalf of the above we have requested Experto Credite to continue contacting you."

They also say I can clear the balance by several methods, one being by card payment.
                        I assume I just ignore this crap as well.
                        April 20th:
                        April 26th:
                        Letter from Aktiv. They contacted Experto for copy statements!! I SAR`ed MBNA last August and never got the statements. Aktiv have sent statements fromJune 2009 to June 2010,
                        I think this may be the period of time that Experto have had this account. They go on to say,
                        They look forward to receiving my proposals for payment within 14 days. Should they receive no response, the account will be passed to their collections division for further action.
                        3rd August:
                        9th August:

17th July:
                        Letter from Aktiv with a £3700 gift voucher. llf
                        16th Sept:
                        Letter from Aktiv with another £3700+ gift voucher
                        11th Oct:
                        Letter from Aktiv with another gift voucher for £3750+

17th May:
                        ​Latest from Aktiv, Statement of your account with a £3752 gift voucher attached. I can use it if I pay the rest by 31st May.

18th Oct:

Well, last payment made 15th September 2009. This should now be SB, certainly nothing has been paid since then and as far as I am aware this alleged debt has never been acknowledged since then either.

17th Nov:
                        Letter fromPRA Group informing me that Aktiv have changed names (must be hiding money from someone somewhere). Also offering some discount, upto £3,752.37 depending on circumstances.

Back again, busy post for a change, I was beginning to think they had all forgotten about me.

This might be the appropriate time to inform PRA Group that this account is now statute barred.

Please correct me if I`m wrong about this

TY
                        OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Back again, busy post for a change, I was beginning to think they had all forgotten about me.

This might be the appropriate time to inform PRA Group that this account is now statute barred.

TY
                          You live in Scotland ?

Comment

TY
                            I'd not jump in yet - why the hurry to tell them it may be SB, and are you in Scotland?
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy & Deepie,

yes I am in Scotland and checked the dates, last payment was 9th September 2009 (opps was the 15th September 2009)

The donation link still doesn`t work for me when I try it Niddy, what is the paypal addy and I`ll sort it out that way.

Cheers
                              OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Hi Niddy, tried the link again and for some reason it has now worked for me.

Many thanks
                                OH`s MBNA

TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

Working...
                                X