GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Helmsman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmsman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Helmsman UE Diary

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi Niddy & I2D
    Letter 7/4/12 ARC europe ltd pay up or further action will be taken, Shall I ignore and await next threat or fire off you have no CCA. confirmed by mnba.
    I Would send that letter...........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or send them a fresh lemon to go with the lemon they bought.

Comment

Hi Niddy I2D,
        Received a default notice today Dated 3/4/12 arrived 10/4/12 must remedy the breach by 21/4/12, could you suggest if this is ok if it isnt what does it mean to me.
        Thanks.

Comment

Hi Niddy I2D,
          Received a default notice today Dated 3/4/12 arrived 10/4/12 must remedy the breach by 21/4/12, could you suggest if this is ok if it isnt what does it mean to me.
          Thanks.
          Just keep it safe along with the envelope, it may come in handy.......
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            Just keep it safe along with the envelope, it may come in handy.......
            Hi I2D,
            Thanks for quick reply it was MBNA I will keep it safe with the envelope just in case it comes in useful
            All the best

Comment

How was it sent?

If it was sent by second class post, it's probably invalid, as insufficient notice was given to comply with section 88(2) - link - of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Items sent by second class post are deemed to have been served four working days after being posted which, because of Easter, actually means 11/04/12. Even with it arriving today, there are less than 14 days to comply with the notice.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                How was it sent?

If it was sent by second class post, it's probably invalid, as insufficient notice was given to comply with section 88(2) - link - of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Items sent by second class post are deemed to have been served four working days after being posted which, because of Easter, actually means 11/04/12. Even with it arriving today, there are less than 14 days to comply with the notice.
                Hi CC,
                It was posted UKMAIL express parcels & mail another letter came same day dated 4/4/12 same postage, top right hand corner large S underneath postage paid GB under that C9 10022 second letter C9 10015 if that helps. Wonder whether the S means 2nd class?.
                Thanks

Comment

UKMail is effectively third class, as it takes at least a day to reach the central sorting depot for the whole country and then another day to reach the Royal Mail delivery office whence it will actually be delivered.

The Default Notice is therefore NBG.

Comment

hi,
                    Well at last our case is now before an adjudicator, lets hope they decide in our favour or its back to court.
                    taken 6 months so far.
                    Hi Niddy & I2D,
                    OK this quote is oct 2011, had a message from solicitor saying FOS has emailed case is coming to conclusion they have emailed the bank with their recomendations and have given them 2 weeks to reply. Wonder if they have agreed with us or the bank?
                    We have not received anything.
                    Last edited by helmsman; 11 April 2012, 22:45.

Comment

Hi Niddy & I2D
                      Letter 7/4/12 ARC europe ltd pay up or further action will be taken, Shall I ignore and await next threat or fire off you have no CCA. confirmed by mnba.
                      Letter 12/4/12 from ARC acc on hold whilst they pass comments to their clients

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                        Have sent you a pm.
                        Thanks

Comment

As per pm

It's weird mate but as the FOS is an arbitrary service they'd plead exemption to DPA s.7 based on it being sensitive to the neutral outcome of a case. A good way of looking at it; if we didn't have such exemptions it'd mean we could SAR our opposition in a legal case to find out their attack/defence before trial so the exemption allows "sensitive or relevant arbitrary info" to be exempt.

Sorry mate. That's what I'd do so that's what they'll probably do.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            As per pm

It's weird mate but as the FOS is an arbitrary service they'd plead exemption to DPA s.7 based on it being sensitive to the neutral outcome of a case. A good way of looking at it; if we didn't have such exemptions it'd mean we could SAR our opposition in a legal case to find out their attack/defence before trial so the exemption allows "sensitive or relevant arbitrary info" to be exempt.

Sorry mate. That's what I'd do so that's what they'll probably do.
                            Hi Niddy,
                            Many thanks for quick reply no worries then I will just hope they found in our favour, the fact they hace given the bank 2 weeks to reply I thought sounded hopeful.
                            All The best

Comment

Hi Niddy & I2D
                              Hi Niddy I2D,
                              Well would you believe it the have left a message on the answer machine to contact them how the f$k did they get the phone number X directory since starting UE journey and have had no calls for 17 months. Will not be returning the call though.

Comment

Bastards. Ignore it. Lol
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X