GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clairebear's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clairebear's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clairebear's UE Diary

There slipperier than a box of frogs aren't they!

Just had my first call from Moorcroft. I thought it was a work call so i answered it. As soon as i knew who it was i told them that i'd just put a letter in the post to them regarding this account and that any future correspondence should be in writing. Before i put the phone down she did manage to say she was putting the account on hold until they receive it. I'll be ignoring that and any similar numbers in future!
    Last edited by Clairebear; 7 March 2012, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Clairebear View Post
      There slipperier than a box of frogs aren't they!

Just had my first call from Moorcroft. I thought it was a work call so i answered it. As soon as i knew who it was i told them that i'd just put a letter in the post to them regarding this account and that any future correspondence should be in writing. Before i put the phone down she did manage to say she was putting the account on hold until they receive it. I'll be ignoring that and any similar numbers in future!
      Sounds like a plan! glad to see you are taking charge. I bet they wont know whats hit them lol
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just an update on the FOS complaint. I emailed them as you suggested and here's the reply i received back...

Thank you for your email, the contents of which have been noted.
        From the information previously supplied, it appeared that the company, Credit Solutions Limited, have been trying to contact your daughter regarding the account.
        We can only deal with complaints about the collection of a debt arising from a regulated consumer credit or consumer hire agreement, if the debt collection company is asking YOU to repay the debt.
        Therefore we would not be able to consider the complaint on this basis, if the firm is not trying to collect the debt from you.
        I trust this clarifies the position for you.

So there you go....useless !! At least the calls have stopped now the debts been passed to Moorcroft. No thanks to the FOS obviously.

Last edited by Clairebear; 12 March 2012, 13:54.

Comment

Received a reply from Moorcroft yesterday telling me if i want my CCA i need to send them £1. I sent them a reply back stating quite clearly i will not be sending them £1 for anything as i have already sent my CCA request including the £1 fee to B/C and as of yet my request has not been fulfilled thus the account is in dispute, something which they would have know if they had read my letter properly!!!!!
          Last edited by Clairebear; 15 March 2012, 10:14.

Comment

Received a reply from Moorcroft yesterday telling me if i want my CCA i need to send them £1. I sent them a reply back stating quite clearly i will not be sending them £1 for anything as i have already sent my CCA request including the £1 fee to B/C and as of yet my request has not been fulfilled thus the account is in dispute, something which they would have know if they had read my letter properly!!!!!
            I'm sure none of the dcas are capable of doing that!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

loool no i think i was expecting too much! Though when i'm paying for recorded delivery it would be nice. Them and the FOS can both kiss my a**!

Comment

Its template letter table tennis with DCA's really, sometimes you get a nice written one bespoke, but very rare from what ive seen.

I wouldnt be suprised, if they have a system with a few drop down boxes, 1st one being letter received? they pick CCA request, and up pops a template letter to send back lol

If it hasnt been done, it should, whoever invented it would be rich.

Comment

Did you print your letter in a big enough type face and did you avoid any hard to understand words?

Comment

Did you print your letter in a big enough type face and did you avoid any hard to understand words?
                    Oh i did this time, big and bold. Just a shame my red ink has run out otherwise they'd have got it in red too!!!!

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    In my case, that response has meant the end of their involvement with my account, followed by a long, quiet period of silence so it may well be the case with you too!
                    I do hope so, otherwise i'll either be ignoring them or invoicing them for my time having to read and reply to there pointless letters lool

Comment

Just received a reply from Moorcroft saying they have acknowledged my letter (meaning they actually read it this time!) and the account is now on hold while they investigate the matter with B/C and await there response.
                      Last edited by Clairebear; 21 March 2012, 12:35.

Comment

Bet u they hassle you again in less than a month
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just an update on the FOS complaint. I emailed them as you suggested and here's the reply i received back...

So there you go....useless !! At least the calls have stopped now the debts been passed to Moorcroft. No thanks to the FOS obviously.

Ok I'll come back to this shortly.....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

See Clairebear.

See Clairebear writing a letter.

See she is using big and bold letters.

See she has written it as if it would be read by children.

See Moroncrap.

See they have got the letter from Clairebear.

See Moroncrap chasing their tails when they read the letter.

Will Moroncrap have to go wee-wee?
                            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 20 March 2012, 13:10.

Comment

^^^^ you crack me up (my eyes are watering)

Comment

CC. I rarely understand you and your big Latin words but you never fail to cheer me up. That's one of your best so far!!

Comment

Working...
                                X