GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clairebear's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clairebear's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clairebear's UE Diary

Came back from having a couple of days away and i had two letters waiting for me.

First one off B/C advising the account has now been passed to Credit Solutions to manage the collection of the balance.

Second one from Credit Solutions going on AGAIN about how I haven’t complied with the default and the balance is now due in full. Please call them to pay and apparently they’ll be happy to process my debit/credit card. Mmmmmm I’m sure they would!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clairebear View Post
      Came back from having a couple of days away and i had two letters waiting for me.

First one off B/C advising the account has now been passed to Credit Solutions to manage the collection of the balance.

Second one from Credit Solutions going on AGAIN about how I haven’t complied with the default and the balance is now due in full. Please call them to pay and apparently they’ll be happy to process my debit/credit card. Mmmmmm I’m sure they would!!
      Just ignore both for now see what they send next......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Eye, eye Captain Will carry on ignoring!

Comment

Credit Solutions have just called my Mother!!! They called asking for me and when she told them i do not live there any more they asked her for my new details. She just told them she hadn't got any and put the phone down. I'm not happy!! They have all my details, they've sent me a letter and been calling me so they know where i am!!

Comment

That's out of order!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Credit Solutions have just called my Mother!!! They called asking for me and when she told them i do not live there any more they asked her for my new details. She just told them she hadn't got any and put the phone down. I'm not happy!! They have all my details, they've sent me a letter and been calling me so they know where i am!!
              what?

Report it straight away to the ICO - also see this: ---> http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con...it/oft1299.pdf
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I was looking to see what Clairebear could do about it.

Comment

She's just called me up really worried about it. How dare they - I'm shaking!!

Thanks Niddy, I've just had a look at that. It stays i should complain to the OFT, would it be them or the ICO?

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I've just had a look at that. It stays i should complain to the OFT, would it be them or the ICO?
                    both lol
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      what?

Report it straight away to the ICO - also see this: ---> http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con...it/oft1299.pdf
                      As above report to the ICO and read the leaflet and do as it suggests

Comment

Thanks i certainly will do! I may just have to take a moment to calm down!

Comment

And we had that on here yesterday claiming that nearly all the tactics they use (i.e. debt collectors and loan sharks) were all lawful.

Ah well it takes all sorts of idiots I suppose!

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Ok just called OFT and told them what's happened. She seems to think they can try any old numbers/address that they have on file for me but now they've been told I'm not there etc they shouldn't call again. If they do i can call them back and put a complaint in. I also asked if they were allowed to tell people who they are when they call because it's obliviously a DCA and so there letting people know my business. She suggested that i called the ICO to see if they can do that or not .

Just called the ICO but there on strike!! I'll try again tomorrow

Comment

Hi Claire,

The Office of Faffing and Twaddle is pretty useless, What is acceptable and what is not is clearly defined in their own guidelines for debt collection to which CSL have to sign up to to hold a credit licence.

It is not acceptable and I understand in any case they know your address as they have sent correspondence already yes? Therefore they are out of line and a formal complaint is possible as they are under the guidelines unfit to hold a credit licence.

Proves again just how unfit for purpose the OFT is.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

I agree Garlok.

It's not as if they're trying to locate Clairebear as they already know where she is. Sounds like harassment to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X