GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clairebear's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clairebear's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clairebear's UE Diary

Ok guys trying not to panic but......

I received a N1SDT county court claim form with the claimant as Hoist Portfolio. It states i owe the original debt of £3066.38 plus interest & legal costs etc so all in all a total £4568.72.

I'm really not sure what to do. Should i fill in the N9A and agree to pay the claimant and offer to pay in instalments OR should i fill in the 'Acknowledgement Of Service' and try to defend it?

My last payment to Barclaycard was March 2011, so just short of the 6 years for a statute barred debt so cannot use that in my defence.

I'm not sure what to do for the best

Comment

send copy of the N1 to Niddy @

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

acknowledge the form on MCOL and defend all then await Niddys advice
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bugger! That's bad timing

First of all, don't panic xx...though I know that's hard (i've had a claim in the past too)

Start a new thread here ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?16124-Have-you-Received-a-Claim-From-a-Creditor

EDIT: was this a Barclaycard sold to Hoist? HIf so, have you read this thread? ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...oist-Portfolio
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Please email to me asap. Don't fill anything in yet. Relax. Plenty of time yet.

I too got a claim this week
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Please email to me asap. Don't fill anything in yet. Relax. Plenty of time yet.

I too got a claim this week
            You can tell Niddy's not panicking

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              You can tell Niddy's not panicking
              Far from it. I'm still pissing myself slightly

Not being flippant about the claim. But I just don't care - they can't hurt me anymore.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies and reassurance. You guys and gals do have a way of calming me down!

I've just sent you a email with the N1, Niddy. I shan't fill in anything or respond until advised accordingly.

I'm just 2 months short of S/B so that's a bit frustrating.

I'll go and pop up a new thread in the forum you pointed out Pixie and i'll have a read through that Hoist topic too.

Comment

Hi

Have replied to your email.

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I've just thought of something....PPI. I had a letter arrive from Barclaycard a couple of months back advising they owed me money in regards to mis-sold PPI, the letter had a cheque attached which i put into the bank.

I have no idea if that effects things.

Comment

Originally posted by Clairebear View Post
                      Thanks Niddy.

I've just thought of something....PPI. I had a letter arrive from Barclaycard a couple of months back advising they owed me money in regards to mis-sold PPI, the letter had a cheque attached which i put into the bank.

I have no idea if that effects things.
                      No it won't affect anything as they are not the creditor. In essence Barclays sold the account / debt and it is the purchaser whom is seeking court action. Barclays refunding PPI affects nothing.

I have now passed to Solicitor (Joanna Connolly / & to PlanB on AAD) so you're in safe hands now

Comment

Phew!

Oh lovely, thanks for that Niddy, i'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

Comment

Hey all

This claim has now come to and end.......a GOOD one! I've updated my main court thread here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...948#post583948 so feel free to have a little look.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X