GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clairebear's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clairebear's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clairebear's UE Diary

Originally posted by Clairebear View Post
    Ok i'll see what comes next. I've just never heard the phrase 'Discharging Liability', sounds serious and a little concerning!
    I think it just means that they want you to pay

They use terms like this to frighten people (and succeed!)
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie. I thought I'd heard all their 'threatening' phrases before but this is a new one on me. I'll file it in my bothered pile loooool

Comment

Exactly the same letter received from Moorfcroft as above. Blah, blah, blah call us to discharge liability. I'm still ignoring until they send me something else.

Comment

Hi all,

There was a few weeks of silence after i received my last letter from Moorcroft but I've now received a letter from Barclaycard.

They are writing to tell me they have assigned and transferred my account from B/C to MKDP LLP. They are now the owners of my debt.

Unless anyone thinks different I'll just wait to see what i get sent next.

Comment

Wait until you get a letter from MKDP, then update us.
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 1 October 2012, 10:33. Reason: edited wording

Comment

Hi all,

There was a few weeks of silence after i received my last letter from Moorcroft but I've now received a letter from Barclaycard.

They are writing to tell me they have assigned and transferred my account from B/C to MKDP LLP. They are now the owners of my debt.

Unless anyone thinks different I'll just wait to see what i get sent next.
              Just sit tight and see what they say next....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No problem, i'll wait and update you as necessary. I'm sure i'll hear from them soon enough! lol

Comment

No problem, i'll wait and update you as necessary. I'm sure i'll hear from them soon enough! lol
                  most likely
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received a letter from MK Rapid Recoveries, though they sound like a dodgy breakdown service they're the ones B/C have transferred my account to.

Apparently regardless of there attempts to phone and write to me (none of which they have done yet) they have still not received an offer of payment. How remiss of me!

Should I ignore or send a letter of some sort?

Comment

I would send the so;d in dispute, keep a nice papertrail.

Comment

Perfect, thank you. I'll send it off to them Monday.

Comment

Received some typed out 'Copy Statements' off MKDP dating from July 2011 to Oct 2011. They also say they are still unable to fulfil my request for a copy of the Credit Agreement but they will send it on once its received from B/C. I sent the first CCA request back in Sep 2011, 19 months on and there's still no sign of it, perhaps they should just give up? Shall i just wait to see what happens next?

Comment

Received some typed out 'Copy Statements' off MKDP dating from July 2011 to Oct 2011. They also say they are still unable to fulfil my request for a copy of the Credit Agreement but they will send it on once its received from B/C. I sent the first CCA request back in Sep 2011, 19 months on and there's still no sign of it, perhaps they should just give up? Shall i just wait to see what happens next?
                            That's what I would do.....
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                              That's what I would do.....
                              me too

Comment

Excellent, I'll await there next letter with baited breath!

Comment

Working...
                                X