GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clairebear's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clairebear's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clairebear's UE Diary

Agreed and I would consider firstly a suitably modified version of this:-

>Templates - Harassment

regards
    Garlok
    Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 7 March 2012, 14:23.

Comment

They're not that useful are they really. That's why i questioned her, because i know they've got my details so it seems like there trying to put pressure on me by calling my mother! I didn't want to push it too much as i haven't got a clue really and they are the one's who are supposed to know!

Comment

Cheers Garlok, i'll have a fiddle with it, see what i can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Clairebear View Post
          Ok just called OFT and told them what's happened. She seems to think they can try any old numbers/address that they have on file for me but now they've been told I'm not there etc they shouldn't call again. If they do i can call them back and put a complaint in. I also asked if they were allowed to tell people who they are when they call because it's obliviously a DCA and so there letting people know my business. She suggested that i called the ICO to see if they can do that or not .

Just called the ICO but there on strike!! I'll try again tomorrow
          The DCA can try old numbers etc, until you inform them you're no longer there however if for any reason you then ignore them for a period of time, they can revert back to older numbers etc previously used.

Its all part of the embarassment factor and needs looking into, we'll speak to Which about a super-complaint on this front, it's on my very very long list of to-do items so please bear with me

In the meantime, if you want a dedicated numebr to give out, send me a PM and i'll sort you out with one for a few months till the calls cease..... (free)!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Its all part of the embarrassment factor and needs looking into, we'll speak to Which about a super-complaint on this front, it's on my very very long list of to-do items so please bear with me
            I think that's a very good idea. After all not only are they trying to put pressure on the 'debtor' and embarrass them but it causes worry to those they call. People may worry that there son/daughter is in debt and also think they'll have bailiffs etc knocking on there door causing undue panic. It's not on, they really need a good !

The decoy number sounds perfect thank you, i'll send you a PM.

Comment

The generic one is here, ---> Free Number to Issue Creditors

If you'd like a unique dedicated one, no probs - just say and i'll sort you one out by the weekend.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ahhhhhh she's had another call!! Well actually a text message on the land line asking for me to call them back. She called them and told them i do not live there and she hasn't heard off me for 12 months so doesn't know where i am. They've told her they'll take her details off the system but it will take up to 24 hours.

Comment

Ahhhhhh she's had another call!! Well actually a text message on the land line asking for me to call them back. She called them and told them i do not live there and she hasn't heard off me for 12 months so doesn't know where i am. They've told her they'll take her details off the system but it will take up to 24 hours.
                  Ok, if they call again please let me know and i'll ring for you and get it to stop once and for all

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Ok, if they call again please let me know and i'll ring for you and get it to stop once and for all
                    Flipping eck it seems there is no end to the help provided on this site!

Comment

Thanks Niddy. I'm trying not to feel to crappy as that's exactly what they want but Its actually really upsetting me now that there bothering my Mom. She said she'll call me straight away if she gets another one so i'll let you know.

Comment

Thanks Niddy. I'm trying not to feel to crappy as that's exactly what they want but Its actually really upsetting me now that there bothering my Mom. She said she'll call me straight away if she gets another one so i'll let you know.
                        This is why it is a direct breach of legislation, ideally your mum could complain (via me of course) and seek compo - especially as she never knew you were in debt thus causing you severe embarassment and family problems.... hint hint

Can I check, did you ever have the debt at your mums ie did you ever give them that number or live at your mums address with the debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Henryhatter View Post
                          Flipping eck it seems there is no end to the help provided on this site!

If at all possible Henry, the answer is no there is not here on AAD. We do not always get it right and the outcome is not always what we would have wished, but the debtor is numero uno here and long may it last.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Hmmmmm ok.........

'I like to keep any financial problems i have to myself as i don't want my family to worry which i know they would. So you can imagine how upset i am hearing that they not only called my elderly Mother when they have my correct details but proceeded to tell her who they were, making it clear they are chasing a debt. Having to explain to my Mother why debt collectors have now started to call her has not only caused serious embarrassment but also a family rift as she's now worrying debt collectors are going to come knocking on her door and it's all down to me. She's unwell and has been told by the Doctor to avoid stress but this situation has substantially hindered her progress. I now find myself having to try and build bridges with my family, a situation that i should never have been put in but Credit Solutions have,'

Yeah i believe i was living there when i first took it out (not sure i gave them the phone number) but changed my address with them a few years ago now.

Comment

Hmmmmm ok.........

'I like to keep any financial problems i have to myself as i don't want my family to worry which i know they would. So you can imagine how upset i am hearing that they not only called my elderly Mother when they have my correct details but proceeded to tell her who they were, making it clear they are chasing a debt. Having to explain to my Mother why debt collectors have now started to call her has not only caused serious embarrassment but also a family rift as she's now worrying debt collectors are going to come knocking on her door and it's all down to me. She's unwell and has been told by the Doctor to avoid stress but this situation has substantially hindered her progress. I now find myself having to try and build bridges with my family, a situation that i should never have been put in but Credit Solutions have,'

Yeah i believe i was living there when i first took it out (not sure i gave them the phone number) but changed my address with them a few years ago now.
                              Hiya
                              1. Who phoned your mums house?
                              2. Who is the OC?
                              3. When did you last pay, and who was it to?
                              4. Have you ever written to and or paid the people in point 1 above?
                              Thanks

Comment

I'll do you a letter at somepoint, lol, seems like you'll be my FT job for a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X