GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

As I am aware that Wragge & Co don't usually mess about, they are certainly not one of the "letterheads for rent" mob that we are all used to, I thought that we should move something quite quickly as without seeing it myself the agreement had been declared enforceable. If Wragge & Co had/do issue(d) on Monday as suggested in their letter then at least something would be on the table, if nothing else as a stalling tactic. If they do issue and there were no mitigating circumstances like a benefactor offer or a monthly plan (£1 a month) it is possible the cause could fall on the facts as presented here.

I still think they are applying the pressure couched in legal terms but there is always the chance they will do what they say. Depends a lot on how much business they do with Honda.

Garlok

Comment

Would it be of any benefit if I de-sensitised and posted the agreements up in here too?

Comment

I don't think thats necessary DNW thanks. Niddy will re-examine the issue for you. The main thing is not to panic. Your letter has gone and cannot be retrieved but you have given them the opportunity to come back to you with something. The ball is firmly now in their court (forgive the pun). Plus you appear to still have the goods anyway that they think you don't. Good card to hold and don't tell 'em.

As you have seen I am not renowned as a "pay up get a life" person, quite the reverse but on some occasions bowing to an inevitable, a slice of humble pie can pay some dividends much as it goes against the grain.

Garlok

Comment

Cheers Garlok, agreed - no harm done, lets see what they come back with eh.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Garlok, I did panic but I'm very aware that this is only the first in a long line of debts with agreements that are enforceable and sadly we don't have a bottomless pit of money with which to pay these off (else they would be long gone by now).

I think a priority for me now has to be getting together an up to date and realistic CFS, ready for the next few hits we will inevitably receive.

I've got an update to do on another of my enforceables as well now the postie has been... just off to gather the info.

Comment

Stick with it DNW, we are all on your side here and we do understand your position.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
                Hitachi Capital
                Code:
                Name                     - Hitachi Capital
                Type of account          - Loan
                Date commenced           - May 10
                Approx balance           - £825
                Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                Them
                Me
                Other

Activity
                1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
                2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
                3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
                4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
                5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £825.91 (£247) within 14 days
                6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
                7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
                8. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                9. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
                10. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
                11. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
                12. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
                13. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received

Received a letter today which did amuse me slightly...

Regarding a letter dated 11/10/11, and apparently from you ( ), relating to an information request; The situation is clear and will not be changed by repeated submissions of essentially the same request.

Blah blah... shall not undertake any future correspondence... until I receive a signed written request.
                Should I respond to this?

Comment

Hi Niddy, you're still here I was just away looking the CPUTR stuff. Maybe a bit early but for reference here it is for DNW to take a look.

> New Templates - CPUTR - allaboutFORUMS

Garlok
                  Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 22 October 2011, 12:17. Reason: changed link

Comment

Received a letter today which did amuse me slightly...

Should I respond to this?
                    Is this for the CCA or a SAR?

If the CCA then simply respond with the following custom letter - see how that works:
                    Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX, the contents of which have been noted.

I see we're going round in circles here, regards your absolutely ridiculous request to requiring my signed authorisation before you will comply with my CCA Request. I have told you on numerous occasion now that I do not need to supply a signature to you, your constant refusal leaves me no alternative but to now formally report you to the ICO for your clear breaches and lack of knowledge in your role as a Data Processor.

I have previously drawn your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature and I also explained that if it is for Data Protection purposes then I don't see why you suddenly require this when for the last few years you've been happily communicating with me at the same address. One must only presume that you want my signature in order to fudge an agreement, something more commonly known as fraud, thus my refusal to supply you with it stands based on my uncertainty of your bizarre and unlawful request.

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of Data Protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:
                    7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
                    Similarly, as you're now in breach of my formal s.78 request any action you attempt to take to enforce this debt will be vehemently disputed based on your lack of diligence in responding to my formal CCA Request.

I have nothing left to say to you, we will await the ICO's input, with my formal request remaining outstanding and your ability to enforce this rendered unsuitable based within s.127 (CCA 1974).

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

^^^^^^ p.s. don't go to the ICO - No need as the creditor is in default so they can go and swing

Comment

Thanks Niddy, it was CCA request so I'll send the muppets your letter as above.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, it was CCA request so I'll send the muppets your letter as above.

Comment

Barclaycard 3

Code:
                            Name                     - Barclaycard Goldfish
                            Type of account          - Credit Card
                            Date commenced           - May 98 
                            Approx balance           - £14,738
                            Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                            Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                            Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                            Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            1. 15/04/11 Acknowledgement letter, refuse £1 payment no reduction in interest or charges
                            2. 04/05/11 Request for payment
                            3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
                            4. 08/06/11 Payment reminder & notice of passing to Mercers
                            5. 27/06/11 Mercers - Default notice
                            6. 06/07/11 Mercers - Unable to contact and will send doorstep collector
                            7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                            8. 28/07/11 Mercers - local collecter will call
                            9. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
                            10. 26/08/11 Letters from Mercers and BCard accepting £1 month and freezing interest (bit late now as token payments have stopped awaiting CCA)
                            11. 30/08/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                            12. 15/10/11 Letter from Calder Financial (dated 03/10/11, rec'd 15/10/11) - 7 day notice before further action including sending local rep.
                            13. 17/10/11 'Dont' Visit' me template sent to Calders Templates - Harassment
                            14. **** UPDATE BELOW ****
                            15. 25/10/11 Letter from Barclaycard stating that they are "unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement and they therefore accept that they are prevented from enforcing".

Update as per #15 above... I think I can categorically say, in Barclaycard own words, this is now

They refer to the case of McGuffick v RBoS [2009] in terms of what constitutes enforcement, and also Carey v HSBC [2009] as to unfair relationships.

Despite the 'we can't enforce' part, the legal quotes don't mean a lot to me - I'm guessing they just mean they can send 'the heavies' if they want to?

Comment

Keep that letter safe - very safe!! And make some copies too!

It means that they can't take you to court to get the debt repaid but they can, and will, carry on hassling you.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That means they can ask you to pay but cannot enforce it. Result.

Anyone who contacts you re this account send a copy of barclaycards letter with this--> Unenforceability Templates - Section 2

Comment

Working...
                                X