GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Mystery Solved We've now had a letter from RMA offering us the opportunity of a settlement - the letter included the account ref (it was a Barclays CC) so I can file the delightful little postcard with the appropriate docs (and obviously won't be contacting them to settle)

Comment

Hi DNW,

Yep ignore it, date it and file it with your records. RMA are just another of BC's little circus they try to entertain us with.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
        Barclaycard2

Code:
        Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
        Type of account          - Credit Card
        Date commenced           - Feb 2006
        Approx balance           - £1900
        Date last paid           - Mar-11    
        Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
        Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 
        Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
        Them
        Me
        Other

Activity
        1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
        2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
        3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
        4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
        5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
        6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
        7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
        8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
        9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
        10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
        11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
        12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
        13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
        14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
        15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
        16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
        17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
        18. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
        19. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity

Update:

20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)

21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them (not likely)

Should I reply with Respond to a Legal Threat ?
        Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:04.

Comment

Update:

20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)

21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them (not likely)

I Would send this >Account Sold whilst in Dispute
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Actually send what I2D says above - good idea
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 21 January 2012, 13:59. Reason: change of plan
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, will get that sent off to them on Monday.

Edit: So which am I sending... threatogram or sold in dispute?!

Comment

Thanks, will get that sent off to them on Monday.

sold in dispute
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry I edited my post - send sold in dispute as I2D suggests

Comment

Thanks In2 - I'll get the Sold in Dispute off to them Monday

Edit: The edit button should be banned
                      Last edited by DNW; 21 January 2012, 14:11.

Comment

HSBC

Code:
                        Name                     - HSBC
                        Type of account          - Credit Card
                        Date commenced           - Sept 1994
                        Approx balance           - £7,453
                        Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                        Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                        Them
                        Me
                        Other

Activity
                        1. 05/04/11 DD Cancelled letter
                        2. 13/04/11 Confirm receipt of I&E but will not act as unsigned
                        3. 24/06/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
                        4. 09/07/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
                        5. 24/07/11 My letter - request interest freeze
                        6. 26/07/11 Default notice
                        7. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                        8. 03/09/11 Final demand for payment received (ignored)
                        9. 12/09/11 Letter received - we might send bailiffs or get CCJ (ignored)
                        10. 23/09/11 Letter received - would you like to make a F&F settlement? (ignored)
                        11. 27/09/11 Letter received - we would offer a 35% discount for F&F if you'd like to take us up on the offer? (ignored)
                        12. 05/11/11 Letter received from Metropolitan Collection Services - failure to make full payment within 7 days may result in legal proceedings
                        13. 07/11/11 Letter sent - Account Sold whilst In Dispute
                        14. 18/11/11 Received from Metropolitan - copy of CCA (uploaded to secure section 14/12)
                        15. 14/12/11 Niddy says
                        16. 17/12/11 Received - Metropolitan - Please contact us... failure to contact will result in further action (ignored)
                        17. 04/01/12 Received - Metropolitan - Intend to issue legal proceedings.
                        18. 10/01/12 Sent - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

Update:

Since they received my letter sent 10/01/12, Metropolitan have been ringing me (unanswered) 3 times a day without fail (usually starts around 08:00 and finishes at 20:00), sometimes they'll leave a recorded message saying "If you'd like to contact us, please call us back on ..." and sometimes they don't.

I think perhaps it's time I should send: Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment by Telephone
                        Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:08.

Comment

Update:

Since they received my letter sent 10/01/12, Metropolitan have been ringing me (unanswered) 3 times a day without fail (usually starts around 08:00 and finishes at 20:00), sometimes they'll leave a recorded message saying "If you'd like to contact us, please call us back on ..." and sometimes they don't.

I think perhaps it's time I should send: Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment by Telephone
                          yep send it off - also, see this new service: ---> allaboutDEBT - NEW Site Coming! - Page 13 - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            yep send it off - also, see this new service: ---> allaboutDEBT - NEW Site Coming! - Page 13 - allaboutFORUMS
                            Thanks, I've already registered, some great services in the pipeline

Comment

Natwest Overdraft

Code:
                              Name                     - Natwest
                              Type of account          - Overdraft
                              Date commenced           - Oct 2000
                              Approx balance           - £2,181
                              Status                   - In Arrears 
                              Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                              Them
                              Me
                              Other

Activity
                              1. 31/05/11 Letter refusing to accept I&E form
                              2. 04/07/11 Letter reminding over OD limit and chages now £6 per day
                              3. 12/07/11 Letter asking for contact to discuss
                              4. 12/07/11 Phone call - Natwest won't default until balance reaches -£2250. I&E completed verbally
                              5. 04/07/11 Overlimit OD - £6 per day charges
                              6. 02/08/11 Letter asking for I&E
                              7. 04/08/11 Unarranged OD fee warning
                              8. 05/08/11 Breakdown of OD fees
                              9. 30/08/11 Ceased token payment (to hurry along the default)
                              10. 12/09/11 Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
                              11. 29/09/11 Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
                              12. 11/10/11 Letter from Power 2 Contact - please contact us (ignored)
                              13. 19/10/11 Doorstep visit from Power 2 Contact (answered and contact card left for OH)
                              14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Natwest - No visits and please consider stopping/refunding charges
                              15. 04/11/11 Letter from Natwest - they're sorry I had to complain, they're looking into it
                              16. 14/11/11 Letter from Natwest - they're still investigating complaint
                              17. 16/12/11 Letter from Natwest - Notice of intention to file a default, and DN received
                              18. 19/12/11 Letter from Natwest - Notice of default sums (they charged £30 to issue a DN!)
                              19. 05/01/12 Letter from Natwest - It's not to late to contact us to sort this out
                              20. 18/01/12 Letter from Natwest - Terminating overdraft agreement and demand the account is paid in full. However they also offer the option to agree a mutually acceptable repayment plan.

I'm hoping to get a DMP up and running soon for all enforceable debts before any untoward action is taken - is it worth me sending Natwest a letter telling them we're receiving advice from a Financial Advisor and will be in touch with them again soon? Or should we just wait and see what their next action is?

Comment

Hi DNW

You could send Ask your Creditor to Hold Action / Charges - that would give you another 28 days to see what needs to be included in the DMP.

MK
                                One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                                Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Working...
                                X