GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

DNW, your scenario sounds so similar to mine it's untrue. Good to hear that you are getting some successes but I am only just on the road to sorting my situation out. I, too, had the old grey matter in the sand for far too long. Good luck to you and all.

Billy

Comment

Thanks Billy, good luck to you too, I've had some successes in terms of some of my debts (as they stand at the mo) are unenforceable, but a lot of mine are enforceable which is a bit of a worry. It can certainly get a bit of a rocky road at times so don't be afraid to post any questions or concerns - someone has pretty much always seen/heard it all before.

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
        Excellent, thanks

Thats another crossed off the 'waiting for the court papers to drop through the letterbox every day' list!!
        Well some lenders still issue papers so don't get complacent, but yea - you can chill a wee bit
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclaycard1

Code:
          Name                     - Barclaycard Plat Visa
          Type of account          - Credit Card
          Date commenced           - Sept 2004
          Approx balance           - £3,161
          Date last paid           - Mar-11    
          Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
          Status                   - In Arrears  (DN rec'd 03/09)
          Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
          Them
          Me
          Other

Activity
          1. 18/04/11 Acknowledge receipt of I&E, refuse to reduce or stop charges
          2. 27/04/11 Request for payment
          3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
          4. 01/06/11 Reminder of overdue payment and informed it will be passed to Mercers to send default notice.
          5. 30/06/11 Mercers - accept £1 payments, to be reviewed in 2 months. No interest or charges to be applied while making token payments.
          6. 24/07/11 I wrote and requested refund interest & charges (sent to Barclays & Mercers)
          7. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
          8. 03/09/11 DN Received from Mercers
          9. 05/09/11 Acknowledged CCA request - they're looking for it and will get back to me
          10. 13/09/11 Letter rec'd from Mercers - 48 hours notice (letter dated 06/09/11), I have ignored their demands for payment so they are now passing my account to a local firm who may send a rep to visit me (ignored)
          11. 29/09/11 Covering letter for Recon CCA enclosed - but no encs in envelope
          12. 29/09/11 Letter received - Calders - 7 day notice (ignored)
          13. 17/10/11 Current T&C received
          14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Calders - Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
          15. 04/11/11 Letter received - Formal Demand for Payment (full balance) - until paid, no statements will be sent. If not paid by 08/11/11, debt collectors may call or you may be taken to court. We will set off any funds available to us.
          16. 09/11/11 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received)
          17. 15/11/11 - Received from Barclays - They feel they have fulfilled their obligations and complied with my s.78 request..... Re section 61, they point to paragraph 230 Carey vs HSBC, and say "It's insufficient.. to point to the absence of a signed, or a proper s78 copy as a foundation for a plea of an improperly executed agreement... They believe my credit agreement to be fully compliant and will oppose allegations that it isn't..... With regards to the OFT, they do not hold my account to be in dispute..... Attached was a copy of my CCA
          18. 28/11/11 Niddy says

*** update ***

06/12/11 - Received a letter from Barclaycard notifying me this has now been assigned to MKDP LLP

Does that mean it's been it's been sold on, and do I need to do anything at this stage?
          Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:30. Reason: Added info

Comment

Yes-- if its a formal Notice of Assignment it has been sold on to debt purchaser. May we ask to whom it has been sold as tactics may vary from lowlife to lowlife?

In any case I would sit and wait now to see which way the purchaser goes. We have recently served the purchaser on two of our accounts with s78 request and have acknowledgements stating they unable to comply within the timeframe. As we already hold UE docs it going to be interesting when they eventually get back to us.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

This has gone to MKDP LLP - funny thing is they sold it on 21/11/11 which was a week after they sent my (rubbish) CCA... maybe they realised themselves what a load of rot it was?!!

Edit: Reading further down the letter, although MKDP LLP have bought the debt, their servicing agents are MKRR
              Last edited by DNW; 6 December 2011, 11:23.

Comment

Marbles

Code:
                Name                     - Marbles
                Date commenced           - Aug 2003
                Approx balance           - £9,600
                Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                Them
                Me
                Other

Activity
                1. 08/04/11 DD cancelled letter
                2. 20/04/11 Frozen interest and charges provided £1 payment sent
                3. 28/05/11 Notice of arrears
                4. 09/07/11 Default notice
                5. 24/07/11 My letter - no change in circumstances.
                6. 28/07/11 In arrears notice
                7. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                8. 30/08/11 Received a copy of current executed agreement and signed statement. Copy of original signed application form has been requested and will be sent under separate cover.
                9. 09/09/11 Letter received - "At present we are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement..." blah blah more waffle - full copy uploaded for Niddy's perusal
                10. 09/09/11 Niddy says
                11. 19/09/11 Letter received - please contact us (ignored)
                12. 03/10/11 Letter received - please contact us, settlement figure may be available (ignored)
                13. 18/10/11 Letter received - asking for card to be returned and informing DN has been issued (ignored)
                14. 03/11/11 Letter received - You can't have a new card [] (ignored)
                15. 10/11/11 Letter received - from 1st Credit, final reminder, writing OBO client Marbles. May send doorstep agent, may issue court proceedings (ignored)

Update:

08/12/11 Letter received - LCS Solicitors - Full payment to be made within 14 days else they will recommend their client issues legal proceedings.

Should I respond with this? - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:10.

Comment

Update:

08/12/11 Letter received - LCS Solicitors - Full payment to be made within 14 days else they will recommend their client issues legal proceedings.

Should I respond with this? - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                  Yes.........
                  Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:11.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks In2, I'm quite looking forward to replying - I feel like I've been ignoring everyone for ages

Comment

Hitachi Capital
                      Code:
                      Name                     - Hitachi Capital
                      Type of account          - Loan
                      Date commenced           - May 10
                      Approx balance           - £825

Key:
                      Them
                      Me
                      Other

Activity
                      1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
                      2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
                      3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
                      4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
                      5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £825.91 (£247) within 14 days
                      6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
                      7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
                      8. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                      9. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
                      10. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
                      11. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
                      12. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
                      13. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
                      14. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter

Update:

08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice
                      - on this they've included a statement and show that they've cashed the PO sent in relation to my CCA request and allocated it against my CCA request, however I never have received CCA as we're still arguing about my lack of signature....
                      Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:15.

Comment

Update:

08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice
                        - on this they've included a statement and show that they've cashed the PO sent in relation to my CCA request and allocated it against my CCA request, however I never have received CCA as we're still arguing about my lack of signature....
                        shame - that's proof that they're in default as they cannot cash payment until they agree to comply with the s.78 request

Muppets - just ignore this for now
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, will do

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:
                            Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
                            Date commenced           - Feb 2006
                            Approx balance           - £1900
                            Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                            2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
                            3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
                            4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
                            5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
                            6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
                            7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                            8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
                            9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
                            10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                            11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                            12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
                            13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
                            14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
                            15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
                            16. 19/10/11 'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
                            17. 28/10/11 Niddy says

Update

07/12/11 - Received from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment, interest will continue to accrue and no statements to be sent.

I'd guess this is just an info only letter to be ignored?

Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:19.

Comment

07/12/11 - Received from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment, interest will continue to accrue and no statements to be sent.

I'd guess this is just an info only letter to be ignored?

Yep, just ignore it.....

Comment

HSBC

Code:
                                Name                     - HSBC
                                Date commenced           - Sept 1994
                                Approx balance           - £7,453

Key:
                                Them
                                Me
                                Other

Activity
                                1. 05/04/11 DD Cancelled letter
                                2. 13/04/11 Confirm receipt of I&E but will not act as unsigned
                                3. 24/06/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
                                4. 09/07/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
                                5. 24/07/11 My letter - request interest freeze
                                6. 26/07/11 Default notice
                                7. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                                8. 03/09/11 Final demand for payment received (ignored)
                                9. 12/09/11 Letter received - we might send bailiffs or get CCJ (ignored)
                                10. 23/09/11 Letter received - would you like to make a F&F settlement? (ignored)
                                11. 27/09/11 Letter received - we would offer a 35% discount for F&F if you'd like to take us up on the offer? (ignored)
                                12. 05/11/11 Letter received from Metropolitan Collection Services - failure to make full payment within 7 days may result in legal proceedings
                                13. 07/11/11 Letter sent - Account Sold whilst In Dispute

HSBC Update:

18/11/11 Received from Metropolitan - copy of CCA (just about to upload to secure section, but not all 35 pages!) (the date is correct - I really am that far behind with filing
                                Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 21 January 2012, 17:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X