GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Sadly no may or maybes, only 'We have been instructed to issue..." and "..to continue legal action".

Garlok mentioned that Wragge & Co are the real deal, and not a bunch of idiots so I am taking their letters as fact rather than threats.

I'm just drafting a letter to them so will post it up before I print it out and send it, to have a fresh set of eyes look at it.

Comment

make sure the payment is manageable, work it out as if they all needed paying.

Comment

How does this sound... ?

I am writing in reply to your letter dated 19/10/11, the contents of which have been noted.

I am disappointed that your client did not appear to wish to negotiate a settlement on this account. I have previously provided them with a copy of my Income and Expenditure statement as approved by CCCS (CCCS client reference number available on request), and they will no doubt have witnessed that I am currently experiencing severe financial difficulties and unable to offer any creditor more than a token payment at present. My financial situation has not improved since my first contact to Honda on 06/04/11 and I do not foresee any dramatic improvement in the immediate future, therefore I believe that legal action may be in my best interests unless a mutually acceptable Full and Final settlement could be agreed upon.

I look forward to your response.
        Edit: I'm looking for either an affordable settlement (50%) or low CCJ/DMP payments..
        Last edited by DNW; 21 October 2011, 15:17.

Comment

In the absence of any negative feedback, I'm sending the above letter today but with a slight addition - "..Full and Final settlement could be agreed upon which a family member has offered to assist with."

I doubt it will get me anywhere, but it's worth a try.

Comment

Yes its always good in my view to add such a rider to the offer, another is that a benefactor has agreed to step in to help

Garlok

Comment

Thanks, I'll get it sent off now and see what happens.

Comment

Have you received the CCA for this as yet?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
                  Thanks, I'll get it sent off now and see what happens.
                  Hold fire ten mins, if you're still here - please give a brief breakdown of what has happened and i'll check it out for you....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Honda Finance
                    1. 31/08/11
                    2. 11/10/11 Letter received from Wragge & Co saying that proceedings are to be issued for a monetary judgement if the balance isn't paid by 16:00 on 24/10/11.
                    3. 11/10/11 Low (10%) F&F offer sent
                    4. ***** Update Below *****
                    5. 19/10/11 Wragge & Co - refuse offer as it's too low in comparison to the debt... they have been instructed to continue legal action, which we will soon be in receipt of.
                    Update as no. 12 above - please could someone advise our next move? They haven't come back with any counter offer so should I just increase our offer and if so to what %?

I'm guessing that realistically, they're not going to accept any kind of offer below a pretty high % so am I just wasting time by upping our offer by 10% each time? I really don't want this to end up in court. I wonder of the likelyhood of them accepting anything less than full balance though
                    Ok, I am upto date now - can you confirm, this was for a car or bike right? Where is it, and was there any charges/ppi added / was there an arrangement fee paid/added to the loan or did you pay a deposit?

I may need to see agreement again if poss....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Hold fire ten mins, if you're still here - please give a brief breakdown of what has happened and i'll check it out for you....
                      Guess i'm too late - I do hope you read this before posting that ridiculously high offer letter away......

Comment

I don't think DNW mentioned an offer figure in the letter - just said 'mutually acceptable'.

The edit mentioning 50% was just his/her idea of what would be acceptable to them (I think)
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                          I don't think DNW mentioned an offer figure in the letter - just said 'mutually acceptable'.

The edit mentioning 50% was just his/her idea of what would be acceptable to them (I think)
                          Lots to consider prior to any offer - I only checked the enforceability status - however there may be other faults within what they sent...

Comment

I suppose it's just a case of waiting now to see what they come back with?
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suppose it's just a case of waiting now to see what they come back with?

Comment

Have you received the CCA for this as yet?
                                Yeah, it's in the secure section

Too late, I'd gone!!

Ok, I am upto date now - can you confirm, this was for a car or bike right? Where is it, and was there any charges/ppi added / was there an arrangement fee paid/added to the loan or did you pay a deposit?

I may need to see agreement again if poss....
                                Sorry you had a bit to wade though to catch up, a bit going on while you were away... serves you right for going away and leaving us like that!!

Yeah it was for a bike, which is currently parked outside in the garage (though Wragge seem to think for some reason that it was repossessed). No charges/PPI/deposit that I can recall, I'll check with OH later but I'm fairly sure it was just a trade in of old bike and 0% interest finance on newer bike.

Guess i'm too late - I do hope you read this before posting that ridiculously high offer letter away......

Lots to consider prior to any offer - I only checked the enforceability status - however there may be other faults within what they sent...

No offer was made this time, they refused £400 (a generous 11%!) already. Pixie is right (I'm a her btw )- I edited my post to suggest what I would realistically prefer, but my letter to Wragge just said I was disappointed that they'd not negotiated and to bring on the legal proceedings whilst still giving them the option of negotiating a settlement.

The letter I sent today was verbatim of my preview above (in quotes) in post #168 with the small addition in post #169
                                Last edited by DNW; 22 October 2011, 11:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X