GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    Update
    Crap One - Sent letter saying "Missing Prescribed terms" 30/8/11. I have not heard anything again from them. no News is good news in my book

Barclaycard - CCA request sent 3/8/11 which was acknowledged by them on 12/8/11. Apart from a few "visit threats" have also heard nothing.
    A quick update from me. I have heard nothing from either of the above so have simply got on with life. Having said that I have been very unwell of late and now it seems I will need further surgery. That is why I have been inactive on here, I simply live in constant pain so using a PC is tricky.

I will do my best to be more active and will also post updates if I get letters from DCAs.

MJ
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Good to hear from you MJ. Sorry to hear about the health problems, hoping you get sorted soon hey!

As regards the parasites I would just let them stew at the moment unless they start getting heavy in which case we are justa few clicks away.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

UPDATE: 10/11/11

Well I finally heard from Barclaycard. They have sent through a "CCA" accompanied by the usual blurb. I will upload this to the Secure Section and await the excellent advice from NIDDY.

BTW, thanks Garlok for your kind words and continued support.

MJ
        Last edited by mauijim; 10 November 2011, 11:18. Reason: Spelling
        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Here we go folks the Nat Pest bandwagon is rolling into town and now I am getting chased for two credit cards. They are both being handled by Triton and I will start with the Nat Pest version.

Nat West Visa

• Type of account Credit Card

• Date commenced Unsure but pre Apr 2007

• Approx balance £5000

• Date last paid (approx October 2010

• Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying

• Status Defaulted 22/12/10

• Account owner Triton Credit Services

22/12/10 Letter saying account placed into Default
          22/12/10 Letter saying they accept payment of £1 per month
          16/02/11 Letter saying £1 payment accepted and to be reviewed in 6 months
          18/08/11 Stopped £1 payments as advised by Niddy12/10/11 Payment
          05/09/11 Letter saying I had failed to comply with £1 agreement. Threat to pass to DCA if payment not made immediately
          19/09/11 Letter saying no alternative but to commence further proceedings to recover the balance
          demand from Tryiton Credit Services
          7/10/11 Letter sent refusing doorstep visit and insisting all communication is performed in writing
          31/10/11 Letter from Tryiton saying "Urgent Action required" may need to visit you
          10/11/11 Tryiton sent letter "Notice of Legal Proceedings" I have uploaded a copy as it is one I have not seen before

I have just taken a beating at the hands of Nat Pest so would like to follow this one correctly to ensure that I hopefully can beat the system on this occasion.

I believe a CCA request would be my next move?

Thanks

MJ
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mauijim; 19 November 2011, 12:55. Reason: Detail incorrect

sigpic

Comment

CCA Request
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The next one is near identical but it is an RBS Mastercard.

RBS Mastercard

• Type of account Credit Card
              • Date commenced Unsure but circa 1988
              • Approx balance £11500 (was £10,200 but charges increased it)
              • Date last paid approx October 2010
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying
              • Status No default notice received so kind of in limbo
              • Account owner Triton Credit Services

17/12/2010 Letter from RBS advising a default sum had been applied due to late payment
              21/12/2010 Letter from RBS acknowledging my I&E is CCCS. Asks for further details of other debts but nothing sent
              22/12/10 Letter from RBS saying late payment fee of £12 applied
              18/02/2011 RBS letter with another default sum payment showing another £12 for late payment and £12 for over limit
              28/04/2011 Letter from Tryiton they have been instructed by RBS
              13/05/11 RBS sent I&E form and also say £1 not acceptable it must be £250 per month
              13/06/11 present payment of £1 unacceptable so being passed to Debt Recovery Dept
              18/08/2011 Stopped £1 payments as advised by Niddy
              05/09/2011 Letter from RBS saying I have failed to comply with agreement
              19/09/2011 Letter from RBS failed to respond so commending further proceedings to recover debt
              12/10/11 Letter from Tryiton saying RBS has passed account to them. It arrived 19/10/2011
              31/10/11 Letter from Tryiton saying "Urgent Action required" may need to visit you
              07/11/11 I send letter refusing door step visit and insist all correspondence is in writing
              10/11/11 Letter from Tryiton "Notice of Legal Proceedings" same as the copy shown above for Nat Pest but says RBS on it
              Last edited by mauijim; 19 November 2011, 12:55.

sigpic

Comment

MBNA

02/11/11 Letter from MBNA saying agreement terminated and account passed to DCA
                04/11/11 Letter from Debt Clear Recoveries & Investigations Ltd. Manchester Dated 04/11 but arrived 12/11. They have been passed debt by MBNA.
                14/11/11 Letter from Debt Clear Recoveries. "Based on your personal circumstances we are prepared to negotiate a significantly reduced payment in partial settlement of your outstanding debt. Only available until the end of this month"

The latest letter continues "A partial settlement will register with the credit reference agencies for six years, however you will NOT have to repay the remaining balance and MBNA will not pursue the matter further"

I guess this is another CCA request?

sigpic

Comment

I would advise against agreeing to a partial settlement, even if you have the money available to pay it.

Send a cca request.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I would advise against agreeing to a partial settlement, even if you have the money available to pay it.

Send a cca request.
                    Don't worry there is no chance of a part settlement. I don't have two halfpennies to rub together!

MJ

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

I don't have two halfpennies to rub together
                      Neither do I!!
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Just for reference here for the future mate, Pixie is dead right, always but always be extremely cautious with the wording on some of these things, in this case "partial settlement". This ain't your normal CCA law, settlements are Common Law of Contract and partial settlements mean just that. They will either pursue the balnce themselves at some later date or sell it on to some scrote company that will pursue you. So Beware

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Yep, just ignore any offers for the moment mate - but in the main, keep us posted on progress.....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Yep, just ignore any offers for the moment mate - but in the main, keep us posted on progress.....
                            Did you get a chance to check the CCA I sent you from Barclaycard? I uploaded it to the secure section

sigpic

Comment

Did you get a chance to check the CCA I sent you from Barclaycard? I uploaded it to the secure section
                              Nope, not if you don't email or PM me to tell me it's there

Gimme 5 to check!
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is simply terms, ie it is

Respond with ---> CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received

Comment

Working...
                                X